The end of PE....2

Status

8EyeSi

Old
Shame i was enjoying that thread about "the end of PE", there was only 1 flame and the rest was an interesting discussion about peoples views.

Any chance we can have it turned back on?
And i didnt get a chance to reply to peoples answers, they might think me rude?

Thanks again Si.

Awww he didn't censor it did he? :mad: As you say it was actually a very enlightening discussion with little winging.

I'll probably get censored for saying it but thats what "one man" censorship will get you. I little too heavy handed if you ask me. :twocents: :umn:

Si, I would consider u rude again. As u might remember, in the thread u aske dvery clear. "how people would feel if...". are you conducting a psychological study? because that is the only case in which u might be concerned how would ppl feel.

in any other case, is just the projection of a possibility. negative i might say, and with the only effect of stirring one's bad feeling or another.

we have enough hard life in PE in some moments due to the difficulties MA implemented, we don't need a dude to say "hey, what if u thrown away ur money?". if and when i need a financial advice i go to my counsellor, i don't need a dude on the forum to warn me about a possibility or another.

for all those reasons, i consider very useful that MB closed that thread.

There are two ways for PE to end:

1. They won't develop anymore and it becomes an "old" game noone plays any more. I don't think this is going to happen (soon) with all the new updates.
2. MA simple quits. Don't think this is going to happen (soon) either.

PS. I'm with Mindbuster for locking the first one. :rolleyes: :smash: :rolleyes:

Kerham said:
Si, I would consider u rude again. As u might remember, in the thread u aske dvery clear. "how people would feel if...". are you conducting a psychological study? because that is the only case in which u might be concerned how would ppl feel.

in any other case, is just the projection of a possibility. negative i might say, and with the only effect of stirring one's bad feeling or another.

we have enough hard life in PE in some moments due to the difficulties MA implemented, we don't need a dude to say "hey, what if u thrown away ur money?". if and when i need a financial advice i go to my counsellor, i don't need a dude on the forum to warn me about a possibility or another.

I agree, this thread should never have been started, PM MB if you want to rather than starting a new thread.

Kerham said:

Kerham,
Was just a innocent thought. I was just genuinely interested how people would react, and weather people had thought how they would feel if that should happen.
Im not conduction any survey, just purely interested in opnions.
And i wouldnt make a good wife ;-)

If MA keep on top of the game, they should keep everyone interested.
Your all intelligent people, surely a healthy debat on the social impact of such a great game cant be a bad thing

My question really did stir up some passion.....

Last edited:
"Healthy debate" regarding the social impact of such game is one thing. And due to sociologists. Which i am not.

Equivaling "healthy debate on the social impact of a game" with "emotional reactions of gamers in the possibility of shutting down" is what I call manipulation. A thin and amatheuristic one, but still a manipulation.

Kerham said:
"Healthy debate" regarding the social impact of such game is one thing. And due to sociologists. Which i am not.

Equivaling "healthy debate on the social impact of a game" with "emotional reactions of gamers in the possibility of shutting down" is what I call manipulation. A thin and amatheuristic one, but still a manipulation.

Kerham,
A healthy debat, will always look at the positives and negative points, the good and bad. I dont see how any manipulation can be going on here, when im asking for views, thoughts on my original point.
Clearly the mere thought of what i suggested hurts you deeply. and in a way youve got across to me what impact PE has on you.

I hope PE goes on foreva to, but this sort of discussion isnt a bad thing

Kerham said:

could not have said it better :)

"how would u feel if PE would close tomorrow" is very far from my view on a debate. because it takes in view only the possibility of shutting down.

also, starting the statement with a correct, objective, definition: "A healthy debat, will always look at the positives and negative points, the good and bad.", but driving to a complete lie: "when im asking for views, thoughts on my original point" (u didn't asked for views, u asked how ppl would feel in a very precised situation, which you put in presumable status), is again manipulation.

You don't see how manipulation can be done here? In the easiest way. By words. People study at university about that, in various domains, from economics to PR. And it happens to be a part of my job in advertising.

Of course, is possible that u didn't intended to do it, just used some phrases which u lost the complete control in all meanings. Is possible. But don't wonder then about a reaction or another ;) (i.e. my flaming).

I havn't really got anything beneficial to add, but I thought I'd get my post in before this topic gets locked too :)

lighten up..... i understand the very defencive stance youve taken here, instead of just going with the flow and adding an opnion, chill out man.

i conclude from this that most of the people who expressed an opnion, are putting any thought of PE closing, out of thier minds, and maybe cant face the potention reality. I just hope if it should happen, ..... there ok.

bye. xx

8EyeSi said:
lighten up..... i understand the very defencive stance youve taken here, instead of just going with the flow and adding an opnion, chill out man.

i conclude from this that most of the people who expressed an opnion, are putting any thought of PE closing, out of thier minds, and maybe cant face the potention reality. I just hope if it should happen, ..... there ok.

bye. xx

dude, E cant close like tomorow becasue there is the LOAS of money involved, not to mention sales of 26.500$ and 100.000$ that are mentioned in news all over the world! so if they'd close, thm would get loadsa lawyers on them....or worse...

Pretender said:
dude, E cant close like tomorow becasue there is the LOAS of money involved, not to mention sales of 26.500$ and 100.000$ that are mentioned in news all over the world! so if they'd close, thm would get loadsa lawyers on them....or worse...

very good point pretender, those groups investing 1000's of USD in islands and stuff, i wonder if they have a contract saying about the life of PE
Or if it was to close, weather they would get a percentage of the money back depending on how long it was up after the buy.

Pretender said:
MA is protected by law, we dont buy shit from them..
everything in PE is a load... neverdie payed 100000$ to loan the space resort...
we dont own shit...

Kimmi said:
MA is protected by law, we dont buy shit from them..
everything in PE is a load... neverdie payed 100000$ to loan the space resort...
we dont own shit...

I wonder if they 'loaned' it for x years, or were garentted x years use of the station.

8EyeSi said:
I wonder if they 'loaned' it for x years, or were garentted x years use of the station.
that only neverdie and death can say...
but if that where so... then PE is gameover...
since MA vould favour some players....
so, untill proven othervise, I dont think they have such agreement...

"The ASTEROID SPACE RESORT was today, 24th of October 2005, bought by avatar "Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs" for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (100,000 US Dollar)! "

Bought and not loaned.

MA is a profitable company (ROCE=50%, with lots of possibilities for rising cash due to low debt actually) in a growing market.

However, every company can shut down due to a lack of managing the cash or extern circumstances, and in this case the first who will get his money back are the banks (repaying the loans), the creditors (companies for which MA own credits), the shareholders (what is left!!) and the client (don't think about, someone has to pay :rolleyes: ).

Kimmi said:
that only neverdie and death can say...

Im *really* tired, hadnt read any post in this thread at all, and got really confused by that sentence when I opened the thread and that was the first thing I read.

It came to me tho after a few secs.

Obviously I dont have any reason for sharing this, and its total :spam: but Im so tired I feel drunk atm. Im gonna go sleep now.

:banana: a shante shana a squash banana...

Hansi said:
It's still there, and he states the reason for locking it...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8608

I don't aggree with his reasoning but then I'd like to hope I'm allowed an opinion. The post by eps was the only really negative one and funnilly enough it got locked straight after. This thread on the other hand seems more negative so Id suggest a lock would be better placed here.

Still I remain with my feeling that MB is a tad too quick to silence the non conformist debate. :scared:

Kay said:
"The ASTEROID SPACE RESORT was today, 24th of October 2005, bought by avatar "Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs" for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (100,000 US Dollar)! "

Bought and not loaned.

MA is a profitable company (ROCE=50%, with lots of possibilities for rising cash due to low debt actually) in a growing market.

However, every company can shut down due to a lack of managing the cash or extern circumstances, and in this case the first who will get his money back are the banks (repaying the loans), the creditors (companies for which MA own credits), the shareholders (what is left!!) and the client (don't think about, someone has to pay :rolleyes: ).

lol...
plz read PE rules...
ofc it says sold.. like everything else in auction.. it dont say loand...
omg you just playing stupid here...
everything in pe is a load, accetp it!

8EyeSi said:
Shame i was enjoying that thread about "the end of PE", there was only 1 flame and the rest was an interesting discussion about peoples views.

Any chance we can have it turned back on?
And i didnt get a chance to reply to peoples answers, they might think me rude?

Thanks again Si.

Wtf is your problem noob?

MB locked the post for a reason. Do you just live your life without thinking? Is your brain in a coma? Do you just wanna go "hey look at me im a fuckwit im gonna post again and again and again and not give a shit because im really stupid and i like to feed the birdies in the park every day its so much fun hahaahahaLOLOLolOlOLOqloqooqlo1ol!Ol!OlO!ol"

KTNXBYE

Wistrel said:
I'd like to hope I'm allowed an opinion.

Of course you are, i thought you thought he had deleted it when you said "Cencored"

Yes. I am smart, and you are DAMN lucky everyone in this world isnt like me because you would not survive.

You see, I actually READ the EULA and i think you should too..

Paragraph 10:
"MindArk's liability towards any Participant shall in each incidence be limited to no more than the initial amount transferred by said Participant into Project Entropia."

Please, you are thick, go away. :rolleyes:

negrep to threadstarter, please dont start second threads of other threads that have been locked.

And i wont suggest starting a third :wise:
(polishes ban button)

:locked:

Reactions: Eps
Status
Back