• No

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters

N. Radioactive

Prowler
Society
Alluvial Peace Alliance
Nicolas Radioactive d'Entremont
Well I was thinking... We should have a theatre. Just somewheres where they could play some videos, trailers, maybe even some user generated stuff. It would be kinda cool. MA could get payed too to let movie companies advertise their new releases in Entropia. Maybe even have a comedy bar where some of our funny EU members could tell jokes on stage and collect tips. Its just a suggestion but I would like to hear everyone's opinions.

or even better... a cinema where u can watch the current cinema movies (for peds ofc)

The initial Next Island web video featured a comedy club that had a streaming screen where the stage was. It *looked* like an avatar could mount the stage and then provide streaming content.

It might be an OK idea for a planet with grass huts, some entity resembling George S Patton, and Pacific Islanders, but Calypso is for killin' robots!

AG

Not a bad idea at all... I know the movie thing has been done in private apartments, and the comedy thing might be a nice thing for someone to organize...

Might be nice to have an official venue for it... maybe finally figure out a use for the bars...

I know Next Island is supposed to be more entertainment focussed, I wonder if they're planning something like this:)

Last edited:
I would just like to be able to have a storyteller/speech corner :D

nice idea. i guess the deal MA made with Hollywood was about this....

Oh no are you serious? Remember the "Speed Racer" ad that played back to back over and over and it made me stay away from service centers for days at a time....it was awful.

I wouldn't be against the idea...

First, it would have to be a dedicated screen... not a general ad screen where you see it everywhere in game...

Secondly, the chairs would have to function... unlike all the seating you find ANYWHERE public in game... nothing ruins a show faster than a bunch of ppl yelling "down in front!!!"

:D

Why dont you run it as a private enterprise? Have members put their standup clips on private screens. Then run an event where you show all the clips. Charge 5 ped per ticket to see the event. Winner by most votes. Give half the takings to the winner as a prize. Seems like a logical way to do it to me without having to get MA involved and waste more of their time.

I really wish people wold try harder to find ways to do things themselves before they just pass the problems straight off to MA

Well I would love to set up an event like this, but I lack the resources and PED to start one...

Back