The failed launch of planet Cyrene

Status

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
Personally I have been struggling for 2 hours with crashes, disconnect latency, bugs and right now all I want is to get back to Calypso but can’t stay in game long enough to get off this planet. I feel really sorry for the Cyrene people that must have invested shit loads with money into this project and then anticlimax it all with a failed release.

How are you guys enjoying this open beta release so far?

Wasn't the alternative name for The Hobbit ..."There and Back Again"....yeah that was me...

Crash....crash....crash....crash.....no mob no mob...crash...crash....

At work and not in game, but been watching Oz stream his session for an hour or so. Havn't seen him crash yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd

Maybe this was MA plan they knew you would all come back to mummy where you feel safe. Why would you want goto another planet everything you need is on Calypso.

Oh dear.. Im heading back to calypso

Weird, I haven't had any problems with crashes... Well, one due to RAM but I got back in quickly enough :dunno:

A little lag at some areas (to be expected) but no crashes for me after a couple hours there. Have you repaired your installation? That said, if you want bug-free play, don't go to a new planet on its first day.

I think it's a bit vindictive to say the launch failed. The planet has some interesting stuff in it, very well done from what I can see, and as we all very well know, it's not intended to be finished yet.

Last edited:
can't even go back to caly ... crash at launch ( revival in the middle of gazillions mobs and config ok )

also feel scammed after a mining run there

what the point of launching such a failure ? seem they didnt added content yet .. probly going to when everybody have left

I am stuck,

Not gonna bother loggin in, untill the rest of Cyrene is launched or they fixed the mountain of bugs. cashes and everything else.

A massive let down this has been.... Make me wonder if there is any point staying in this game..

They didn't add stuff because they want to be fair to the other people.... what about the people that got there early ?

Lyst and oil.... NIce ONE !

How are you guys enjoying this open beta release so far?

some people are halfwits this is what it is somewhat, you should know this by now from all the other planet releases....

I have had no issues what so ever get a better connection or system...

No problems so far!

some people are halfwits this is what it is somewhat, you should know this by now from all the other planet releases....

I have had no issues what so ever get a better connection or system...

I have 1Gbit dedicated fibre from Telia with my own fibre switch in my closet. I have a i7-2700K running stable at 4.4GHz with 16GB of ram and dual 560GTX and raided 2x intel 510 SSD’s. There’s not much better to get unless I give NASA a call...

been there, loved many of it, seen many mobs, mined lyst and oil (only), loved teh hub concept. love the art, had soem carshes ,and back at caly already
positive experince for me
it is a sof lauch, il be eageriung tohave all content added specily the quests.

Have you hunted?

or mined yet ?

or tried to leave

or do anything other than walk around?

Hunted, yes a bit, done some quests etc.

Mined, yep dropped 200 drops now, double-bombed, only lyst and oil, which I don't consider a problem, more an issue, that will change.

I have explored without problems and had no crashes with an online time at about 2 hours. Havent tried to leave yet but I just take my quad and go straight up I guess?

I managed to get off the actual planet itself after 3 hours, but now I am stuck in space instead :D

I have 1Gbit dedicated fibre from Telia with my own fibre switch in my closet. I have a i7-2700K running stable at 4.4GHz with 16GB of ram and dual 560GTX and raided 2x intel 510 SSD’s. There’s not much better to get unless I give NASA a call...

well you have some serious issues somewhere, shit quality possibly?

Just a thought - might be worth lowering your connect speed in the Client launcher to a lower non-elite number: lower connect speeds improve client stability especially on crowded servers.

This is not about your personal ability to talk to the internet, it's a round-trip conversation with a server under the load of an initial Zerg influx.

Hope it helps, and good luck out there.

Just a thought - might be worth lowering your connect speed in the Client launcher to a lower non-elite number: lower connect speeds improve client stability especially on crowded servers.

This is not about your personal ability to talk to the internet, it's a round-trip conversation with a server under the load of an initial Zerg influx.

Hope it helps, and good luck out there.

Tried that, doesnt work. Works fine all the time on calypso. This is not a client side issue.

Only had 2 crashes in the beginning or soo. So np with that but this really isn't a soft LAUNCH. It's more like alpha testing or something. There is very little content to be explored.

So np with that but this really isn't a soft LAUNCH. It's more like alpha testing or something. There is very little content to be explored.

Well from the client loader:
This is currently a soft launch of the planet. That being said, there are some things that are not currently available. This is because we need to keep some things fresh for everyone, and keep things fair for the people who have not heard about the game until its intended release.

Some of those include: Certain mobs and missions which lead to obtaining items that unlock quests, that in turn will lead to further content, items and story, as well as blueprints and some vehicles. But don't worry , there is plenty of content.

But yeah, I agree :dunno:

only have had just 2 craches during 2h on the planet so no big issue for me.
Biggest problem for me are finding any mobs to hunt.. so far i havent found anything over lvl 13 :/ and now im out of time for today so i hope u guys have found something fun for me to hunt tomorrow :)

and i like what ive seen so far. its a soft launch and its an ok one in my eyes.. give it some time guys.

Every planet will launch like this, more or less. The main thing is a little patience.

:beerchug:

Miles

Every planet will launch like this, more or less. The main thing is a little patience.

:beerchug:

Miles

This is what i don't get, when will a planet partner learn, start with a complete planet, at least close to a complete planet.

Majority of people leave after a couple of hours, because it isnt ready yet.

If arkadia had launched fully ready, i would probably have stayed there, and i know quite a few people who also would have stayed, and not only that but i wouldnt be surprised if the market would be 4 or 5 times bigger than it is now

But hey i guess they just wanna launch and never see the big picture (at least that is they way i see it)

Rgds

Ace

This is what i don't get, when will a planet partner learn, start with a complete planet, at least close to a complete planet.

You guys are pretty demanding. What's the chance of anyone being able to launch anything with full content and no bugs?

You guys are pretty demanding. What's the chance of anyone being able to launch anything with full content and no bugs?

I just want a planet to succeed, this is not the way to start off

How many people won't go back cause of their very limited, bad experience?

You call me demanding, i have no demands, i have no intention of going, at least not for a few months, cause like all planet launches they are not ready

I am not asking them to do anything, i just do not understand it

If it was my business and they launched like it is, i would sack the lot of them

This is no way to launch a planet

Rgds

Ace

Demanding? Its like opening a new supermarket "Grand Opening" and then you find out theres nothing to buy inside.But the shelving was nice and i cant wait for the refrigeration section to be full it looks like its going to be great! Seriously day one opening is HUGE for any business its your "first impressions" on your future customers.If its a good opening they will probably come back but if it sucks they wont.

Demanding? Its like opening a new supermarket "Grand Opening" and then you find out theres nothing to buy inside.But the shelving was nice and i cant wait for the refrigeration section to be full it looks like its going to be great! Seriously day one opening is HUGE for any business its your "first impressions" on your future customers.If its a good opening they will probably come back but if it sucks they wont.

I'm just glad that they didnt' promote it to the wider audience with this very buggy soft release!

Status
Back