• Everything is normal.

Votes: 57 18.5%
  • I’m a bit disappointed.

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • I’m in a holding pattern.

Votes: 59 19.2%
  • I’m cutting back.

Votes: 30 9.7%
  • I’m looking around at other game play possibilities.

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • I’m just about to give up.

Votes: 51 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Rowan

Alpha
In the last couple of weeks there were discussions on this forum about the state of the economy and if it influences how people play the game. A lot of theories have been presented, some plausible, others less so…

In my humble view, it all boils down to how you feel about the game. You may have had a bigass ATH recently and you are walking on clouds, or you may be in the middle of a sh*t zone, and feel that you are about to give up. And of course, all the possible nuances in between those two.

You may feel that everything is alright, you may feel like you want to give up but you can’t bring yourself to do so because you invested too much money and effort in it, you may be in a holding pattern to see what CE2 brings, you may feel like it’s time to look around to see what else it’s out there, etc etc etc. It doesn’t matter what your argumentation is, just how you feel.

So, let’s see what the public says… Vox populi, vox Dei, as the Romans used to say. Take a look at the poll and make your choice… I tried to choose answers that will cover as much as possible, without making it too complicated.

Green

You may have had a bigass ATH recently and you are walking on clouds, or you may be in the middle of a sh*t zone, and feel that you are about to give up.
Green

Gues i am a s*it walker than , its same for me all the time :silly2:
Not doing much atm , just sticking around to see what the future will bring.

Normal Running for me right now.

Have cut out the Depositing but am holding my own recycling the PED and enjoying the Soc Life.

EU is not all about making and Using PED up to me

I will wait until Crytropia and new planets arrive ... holding my skills and collections till' then.

Logging in EU for shorter times every day...

... instead I enjoy some SP games and taking PK lessons in crysis.

I'm now between bit dissapointed and holding pattern :) It's just because last big loss on spiders/eomons I think, never expected that total return can be so bad. Thus decided to take small break from hunting big 'creatures' although I'm still EU fan.
I'm sure rl economy has a big impact on how we feel in EU now too, many ppl deny to deposit, almost we all have to prepare for coming crisis thats why we don't want spend extra money anywhere. And lack of money irl or in EU can be very annoying ;)

well all is normal

i really liked the invasion yesterday.
shot away K's and K's of ammo.

bit disapointed in the loot it gave ......... like a 25% return
but was fun.

and for the rest all goes well.
bit happy to see the prices drop a bit.

but disapointed for real that MA does not let know when we can acpect crytopia.
and really disapointed aswell about the L items like armor that allways has been unlimided.
supremecy shadow and so on.

so for now normal game play yet i dun know how it will be in a short while tho.

Im in a holding pattern.
Mainly because the depositing problems. I dont know if dare try to do it.

I have sent a support request to MA and asked them if I can deposit or not.
Still waiting for an answer.....

Other than that I feel the loot has been just normal for me.

Regards Coach

In the last couple of weeks there were discussions on this forum about the state of the economy and if it influences how people play the game. A lot of theories have been presented, some plausible, others less so…

Of which many where started and fueled by you:rolleyes:

Altough I must say this post makes sense, and captures both sides much more as its written in a neutral style.

Im a bit bored now and then, But thats not the games fault just a consequence of my own choices.
Hopefull changing soon though..

Where is the box for "It is good but could be much better"? That is my answer.

Being rather "new" to the world, compared to some, my game play hasn't changed. I play the same as I did from day one. My 'depo' has slowed down due to the poor exchange rate right now, but regardless, I havent slowed down much.
:confused:

Until December to reach a few goals :D but after that gonna cut back time and depo drastic :scratch2:

Last few months drained my card to much :(

im about to give up ... wasted now around 4000€ and its no fun anymore for me in this game, especially when i think about what i have could done with that money instead...

I’m cutting back due to RL....my company told me today that we won't get a christmas salary like we used to get before... :( :( :(

F*ck, I'm totally depressed right now, dunno what to do..., to say, .. to feel...

ahhhh... will get drunk like hell tonight...

RL can suxxxxxxxxx...........

all normal for me.... skilling like crazy.... nice socmates and many soc activities - see 24h SR hogglo hunt :D - .... many good friends till now and more everyday that pass.... prices going down so maybe it's a good oppurtinity to buy some better gear.... i love this game....

damn MA one thing only... fix the inv bug... :mad:

fells like it is too expencive right now :(

Looking away from EU... just holding on to my skills and stuff... till crymeariver comes out and see what happens then... loot trends ain't too cheerful though... 2 mega hofs last 24 hours... to 2 mega-nubs... nice to see things ain't changing much.

Miguel

kinda dissapointed lately
this period of crap (baggah) loot seems to last longer then other years

:rolleyes: Had to drop this in here ...

Zychion, 28-11-2009, 21:45 MA time, uber bots taking over the city... lively chat going on...

(with kind permission by Helena)

My point of view and why i won't be adding to the loot pool any time soon, here, check Mining list and click those names with super-Uber towers(yes i'm aware it's been going on forever, i've spent almost as much time playing as looking in my second screen reading old forum threads).

Nothing against the lucky HOFers, just pisses me off, when me and most good people i know ingame have mined for over 5 years combined, amped, unamped, big, small amps, whatever and this comes along.... this wasn't mentioned when i logged in with the promise of RCE...

Bahh i give up... wake me up when Crybabyengine is up and i'll log on to sell everything i have to a Chinese addicted gambler.

/Migi

As for me, I am just bored with eu and gameplay. I want something new, some challenge, some motives. I hope a lot, that cy2 will breath a new life in eu. So I am more in the holding pattern, btw prices are going down, ores and enmatters cost nothing, so not much to do in eu atm.

Where is the box for "It is good but could be much better"? That is my answer.

i didn't vote for the same reason.

i am neutral and i view room for improvement.

My personal approach is as follows:

As EU is basically unstructured, it's up to me to give it structure.

So I assign myself targets to achieve, then set out to achieve them.

I wished to own a booth, so I carefully saved up a % of all loots and deposits until I had the peds needed. I now own a booth.
Next I wished for Salamander armour. I have 3 parts to go, as this target is currently on hold while I undertake the following:

I am Currently working towards a set of new clothing, and have all bar the shirt made. I have all bar about 300 textures needed to make the shirt. I already have the shirt, and it's already coloured in preparation of being textured. Then I will have a set of shirt/pants/hat/shoes/shades/coat that match (the shades are in a different texture to the rest, as the main texture looked odd on shades so I picked a different texture where the colour of the texture matches the rest, and the paint on that texture matches the painted detailing of the rest.) Once this goal is achieved, I will return to saving up for my next piece of salamander.

EU is much like real life, as it is what you make of it.

the recent financial situation has not effected my goals, though it has effected how long they may take to realise.

Crisis irl, Crysis in EU, its just too much for me :D

As of right now its all pretty normal to me. Some months I cant sustain myself ingame and have to depo every other day it seems. Other months I don't have to depo at all.

So overall its pretty normal to me. The game could use some improvements/balancing but still, its about normal.

4 negative options
1 neutral option
1 unknown option (what is "normal"?)
1 positive option

Your poll sucks.

The poll is a bit skewed in favour of being negative but by the seems of these answers so are people's general opinions :silly2:

I reached the goals I wanted to reach and with the RL economy making depositing harder and withdrawing more attractive I sold up and raised a nice few pennies in time for Christmas.

I hope Crytopia improves things for players but I was introduced to another game and in playing that it's made me realise that MA have built a foundation of a game here but basically done nothing with it. It feels like the game's progression has stagnated because no matter how many VU's are released nothing at the core of gameplay improves. Game development is moving further and further ahead but after 6-7 years MA still give the impression they're still working on their foundation and the gameplay "experience" suffers because of it.

When MA attempt to spice things up a bit with robot invasions etc (what, once a year?) it provokes quotes like this
bit disapointed in the loot it gave ......... like a 25% return

That's the sort of thing that ruins the whole notion of a real cash economy for me :(

Well, it looks like 290 voters is all we will get on this poll. So I’m gonna post this now.

This poll was meant to measure how the users feel at this moment in time about playing the game. It is a snapshot, nothing more, nothing less.

It is constructed as a descending (or ascending) measure of satisfaction.

You can be satisfied with something and think that it’s great. However, the moment you think or say the word “but”, a grain of disappointment, however small, entered your thoughts. This may be a bit of frustration because you think that the EU world could be so much better than it is. That means that you have hoped to find something in the game that you couldn’t.

The rest of the categories in the poll represent ever increasing levels of frustration. Again, the causes aren’t that important in this context. The only thing that matters are the feelings they generate, because those feelings will ultimately lead to some action.

IMHO, the way we feel about being inworld is very important. None of us are there because we have to, but because we choose to.

This is ENTERTAINMENT. If you went to a movie and you got bored after 5 minutes, you stand up and leave. It is the job of the entertainer to keep your attention, and keep a smile on your face while it takes your hard earned money.

To answer a question: “normal” in the context of this poll is whatever you personally think that it is normal.

I’m not a professional poller (is that the right word for it?), and I’m first to admit that this poll may lack in many ways. MA could take a look at it and draw their own conclusions if they are willing to do so. So can every one of us.

Personally, I was very surprised by the number of people that in one way or another, expressed strong dissatisfaction. Let’s hope this will change in the future. With that in mind, and with your cooperation, I would like to repeat this poll at the beginning of January… to take another snapshot. It would be interesting to compare the results.

One last thought. Whenever I’m the customer of some company, I am regularly asked to take a poll, so that they can improve the product they are selling me. I personally think that the marketing department at MA should do the same, on a regular basis, don't you?

Green

I am still neutral and I view room for improvement.

I don't want to sound cynical towards your thread, but not everyone will be completely happy. With that said I can understand why many are not.. really more so disappointed. Where there heck is the new planet stuff and cry2 engine? Questions many are asking if not more things. The typical ones like where is loot? etc...

I think some things are easily solved but there are going to always be some unhappy people. I spend alot of time playing eu, but I don't spend much time voicing my negitive or even positive opinions of it. I do however discuss it abit. I hope something gets sorted to the point where maybe 80% or so of eu users are happy. The poll shows a small sample of how people feel. Based on my friends I talk to I would say about 40 to 50% are happy the rest are not. Ofc not scientific opinion :silly2:

I am still neutral and I view room for improvement.

I don't want to sound cynical towards your thread, but not everyone will be completely happy.

Lol… it is all about proportions… If everyone was completely happy, then something would be seriousely wrong… a Stepford wives sort of situation…

Back