The Good Run that was Almost Great

Fsteckler

Alpha
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Angus Mac Macalisdair
AKA The Spaceship that got away
So there I was running along just starting my mining run. First bomb, IV Narc, 3rd bomb III Gazz and the fifth bomb...

A XIII Gazzurdite Stone 52 ped Global :wtg:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Now thats the way to start out a mining run. I continued on and was getting claims every 6 bombs or so, then about 20 bombs in

STRANGE SIGNAL!!!!! :yay:

Hot Damn!! 2nd Spaceship in less than 3 weeks!! ( and that was an adventure in itself Read about it here! ) I hoped it was a beacon this time!! As I headed towards the signal I started to get concerned. The finder was pointing to an area I side stepped around do to a large population of Argonaut Hunters. As I approached more and more red dots filled my radar. I moved as close as I could to geta good look to see if I could spot the Spaceship. I got to the point where I saw the 3 drones......surrounded by Argo Hunters
I tried cirling around and finally got sight of the ship. But as luck would have it (and thats bad luck) The button was on the opposite side from me. On the other side of the ship was about 5 hunters.
Shit!
I circled around again too look for a hole in but found none. I was low on ammo and didnt have the right plates on to defend against these hunters...this was bad.
Sooooo.....I went for it.....and didnt make it!!! :(

I revived at a station far away from where I was. I healed up and started to TP back when I noticed I only had enough ME for 2 jumps. Off I went, after the 2 jumps I just started running (dropping bombs along the way of course) Along the way I found a IX Cumbriz and a nice V Gold. I kept watching the chat lines to see if anyone had looted a spaceship (and one did). As I approached where it was I found the group that had assassinated me still huddled together. This was good I circled around back to where I original made my run and headed in again.
The ship was getting closer and closer, the drones started shooting, but I was dodging them well, I ran into a wall of hunters and pushed my way through, they started tearing at my armor...and flesh!! I stumbled past them, tripped right in front of the big red button, reached up to press it.......

and died again!!!!! @$%@!$@%#@

Now I am back at the stupid revival far away from my ship and now I had no ME to jump. So I started running. I took a diferent route to try and find some more good claims along the way. Took about 15 minutes to get back up there and as I got closer I started to get worried as I saw another looting of a spaceship in the global chats followed by a Argonaut Hunter Global..not good.
As I finally made it and came around the mountainside, an errie silence filled the are. No grunting or shuffling, just the stench of death in the air. Nothing living was showing on the radar (this is really not good)
I came over a small rise and was greated by.....absolutely nothing!!

NOOOOooooooooooooo!

It was GONE!!!

I checked the chat logs and saw that the last person to loot a spaceship was Mista Jagwarr Flayer (as seen below)

If that was you Mista, I hope it had a beacon cause I know it must have been one heck of a fight to kill all the Hunters.

Well the good news was, I did global, had an adventure, and still amde a 30 ped profit on the run.

I just wonder what will happen on the next Strange Signal?

Cheers!!

Colonal Angus Mac MacAlisdair
Councilman of the Knights of Calypso

Reactions: Mel
Grats :yay:

and sorry for the lost spaceship

Yeah, that does suck bad.
Gratz on the nice run though! :yay:

Gratz, sorry about the spaceship... but nice story to read!

i love yoru stories they are always interesting to read

Back