The inventory calculator (incredible new tool) [Now abandoned]

Status
Heh now the eye oil is 117%. These numbers are just not reliable for tracking down run results :(
The auction trackers should filter anomalies in the first place, but you can do stuff to fix it as well.
In any case, the summary on top is not updated when we manually change the price :(
hello
when i was writing this (7hours after your post) the price of animal oil is far away of 290% like you said:
DC

Last month muscle price was wrong, now eye 110%, tomorrow something else. Cant use it for hunt if it always give wrong results. Can you pls fix it, we pay you ped if you want.

Last month muscle price was wrong, now eye 110%, tomorrow something else. Cant use it for hunt if it always give wrong results. Can you pls fix it, we pay you ped if you want.

They cant fix it, as it does not take into account BuyOuts, there is no way to do this

Rgds

Ace

I disagree. They can fix this in multiple ways
  1. Filter out anomalies, like some trades 500% when usual is 102%
  2. Allow us to define prices for all / some items and save them for calculations.
Sorry to say, but the guys maintaining these tools lack the resources or the will to fix important stuff, these problems and suggested solutions are there for months.
If it's a matter of lacking budget for the development, I am willing to contribute significantly, as long as my priorities are addressed first, in order of subjective importance
  1. Filter the abnormalities in prices
  2. Option to calculate complete carried inventory
  3. Save and apply user defined prices for items.
They cant fix it, as it does not take into account BuyOuts, there is no way to do this

Rgds

Ace

I disagree. They can fix this in multiple ways
  1. Filter out anomalies, like some trades 500% when usual is 102%
  2. Allow us to define prices for all / some items and save them for calculations.
Sorry to say, but the guys maintaining these tools lack the resources or the will to fix important stuff, these problems and suggested solutions are there for months.
If it's a matter of lacking budget for the development, I am willing to contribute significantly, as long as my priorities are addressed first, in order of subjective importance
  1. Filter the abnormalities in prices
  2. Option to calculate complete carried inventory
  3. Save and apply user defined prices for items.

pls can you help me answering to those question?
If you have an item in a shop, where is it located in your item list??? storage? or?
and if you have an item in shopkeeper?
and if is in your vtlo/quad/mothership/privater/car/helycopter,boat?????

thx

Unfortunately I don't have a shop, but typically it is ESTATE if in a property
Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) or so if in vehicle

pls can you help me answering to those question?
If you have an item in a shop, where is it located in your item list??? storage? or?
and if you have an item in shopkeeper?
and if is in your vtlo/quad/mothership/privater/car/helycopter,boat?????

thx

Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) or so if in vehicle

Doesn't it simply show the id of the vehicle, just like when in a storage box or BP book?

No idea about shops though.

Correct the id is always there, in parenthesis - like this Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) (1117)
Any code should be based on the ids for sure.
My wish was to have an option to calculate the real location of the item, say you have a laser on gun which is in carried, that the laser would be listed as carried.
Doesn't it simply show the id of the vehicle, just like when in a storage box or BP book?

No idea about shops though.

Correct the id is always there, in parenthesis - like this Sleipnir Mk1 (C,L) (1117)
Any code should be based on the ids for sure.
My wish was to have an option to calculate the real location of the item, say you have a laser on gun which is in carried, that the laser would be listed as carried.

we are just finished some (we are testing it, look at the inventory calculator now and try to found out it)
and now we are working at this relocate all option. From here my question.

Looking forward to it, should be great - tired of un-equipping / re-equipping all before/after run. I would love if you had a paypal account, to show some appreciation when it's done :)
we are just finished some (we are testing it, look at the inventory calculator now and try to found out it)
and now we are working at this relocate all option. From here my question.

Looking forward to it, should be great - tired of un-equipping / re-equipping all before/after run. I would love if you had a paypal account, to show some appreciation when it's done :)

pls help with this....that is necessary to be performed before the re location option

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?223008-Where-are-our-items

and thx for the Paypal but Entropiabay is and always will be a free to use no donation no freaking activation fee no damn gold silver platinum subscription or pay to use advanced features.

If you really want to pay there are plenty of other tools out there that wish to get you money

ehy but thx for the offer :)

08 Feb 2012

Hello
you can found now the Save Log Option

whatver you are using the storage calculator or the compare function you can export the results in excel, with all the generated info iside like name, tt value, MV and location.
Pls let me know if you found any bug in using it.

Note: before to press the option Save Log, give some second to the software to generate the full item list.

Last edited:
hello
Are there any way to make you fix USEFULL things before adding something new?
We need to calculate run PROPERLY, with right prices and all items, even attachments.
Ok you dont want ped, but PLEASE fix it.

10 Feb 2012 filter containers

Hello since now you "should" be able to calculate the location of your items and then selected deselect any location (dunno why but the picture is bad, click on it pls)

it s also build to show next island, cyrene and any new locating possible.

Next update: detach all!!!!

Last edited:
26march2012

new update (super requested by our users): DETACH ALL option
make it simple:

whatever you use our inventory calculator or compare analysis you normally have many items attached like those ones (red bar)

now after the analysis you can select the "Detach All" option and all the items will be re analyzed and the correct location will be show (red bar and arrow)

this option will be very useful to locate each single item in the universe and to calculate each hunting, mining or whatever ingame run at a new precision level.
(moreover if we well know MA, how they copied entropiabay introducing the search option in the in game auction, probably in the future they will copy this too, and it will be a good news for all)

First, thanks for the update. Appreciate the function a lot. However, there are a couple of shortcomings.
0. The whole calculation has become MUCH SLOWER, might be a server problem or so.
1. We should have an option to use Detach all by a parameter, e.g. http://www.entropiabay.com/invcalc.asp?detachall=true and not recalculate all. With the recalculation speed it is not useful at all.
2. Even when Detach all is not checked, you could do a sum per item with all of its attached items.
Example, you show
carried tt=14000 MV=15000
-imk2 tt=1000 MV=3000
-scope tt=200 MV=250
-laser tt=100 MV=150
-scope tt=200 MV=250
it would be very useful to show also a sum of the item prices + attached prices, like
carried tt=14000 MV=15000 (sum tt=15500, sum MV=18650)
-imk2 tt=1000 MV=3000 (sum tt=1500, sum MV=3650)
-scope tt=200 MV=250 (sum tt=300, sum MV=400)
-laser tt=100 MV=150
-scope tt=200 MV=250

I tried to use DETACH ALL yesterday, i clicked it and calculate 4 times!, took 10 mins and i didnt get right number. Why cant we just paste list of items, press Calculate and see number? Now its just waste of time.

I tried to use DETACH ALL yesterday, i clicked it and calculate 4 times!, took 10 mins and i didnt get right number. Why cant we just paste list of items, press Calculate and see number? Now its just waste of time.

i tested my self the tool yesterday and everything worked fine.
Normally it take between 5 to 11 sec to make an operation. This mean you press calculate or compare and u wait 5-7 sec, you press detach all....another 5-11 seconds.
Maybe this has to do with your report?

we already have tested a new upgrade that will increase the speed calculation, we should upgrade it the end of the week.

dc

I paste list of items, press detach all to remove V, takes over 2 mins. Then i press detach all again to get result. Wait over 2 mins again. No need to click Calculate then, i learned it today. Maybe my list of items abit longer than yours?

I paste list of items, press detach all to remove V, takes over 2 mins. Then i press detach all again to get result. Wait over 2 mins again. No need to click Calculate then, i learned it today. Maybe my list of items abit longer than yours?

luckily yes in effect is a couple of years that i m not super active (why i should?)
in any case like i said this week end we will have a mini update that should speed up of 50% the analysis. Still no the perfect solution..... but hey, we are not microsoft! we do what we can ! :)

After discussion with Adel, we came to a conclusion if you implement 0. and 2. from the list will solve all performance issues. As for run calculations whats really important is the sum of all items (the summary on top of the page).
If you could implement it for next release, that would be great!
0. The whole calculation has become MUCH SLOWER, might be a server problem or so.
1. We should have an option to use Detach all by a parameter, e.g. http://www.entropiabay.com/invcalc.asp?detachall=true and not recalculate all. With the recalculation speed it is not useful at all.
2. Even when Detach all is not checked, you could do a sum per item with all of its attached items.
Example, you show
carried tt=14000 MV=15000
-imk2 tt=1000 MV=3000
-scope tt=200 MV=250
-laser tt=100 MV=150
-scope tt=200 MV=250
it would be very useful to show also a sum of the item prices + attached prices, like
carried tt=14000 MV=15000 (sum tt=15500, sum MV=18650)
-imk2 tt=1000 MV=3000 (sum tt=1500, sum MV=3650)
-scope tt=200 MV=250 (sum tt=300, sum MV=400)
-laser tt=100 MV=150
-scope tt=200 MV=250

After discussion with Adel, we came to a conclusion if you implement 0. and 2. from the list will solve all performance issues. As for run calculations whats really important is the sum of all items (the summary on top of the page).
If you could implement it for next release, that would be great!

i just got a message from my coder, half of the job (on the detach) is done, do you want to test it girtsn? you have the link.
dc

it looks less than half :) instead of detach all check-box there is an empty one now which doesn't do anything when clicked. I'm happy if speed improvements + summary showing sum of tt/MV of all sub-items of main containers (top part) is implemented.
i just got a message from my coder, half of the job (on the detach) is done, do you want to test it girtsn? you have the link.
dc

it looks less than half :) instead of detach all check-box there is an empty one now which doesn't do anything when clicked. I'm happy if speed improvements + summary showing sum of tt/MV of all sub-items of main containers (top part) is implemented.

well, we are working about........ in the mean time Happy Easter.

DC

Status
Back