Suggestion: The NR1 thing that makes ppl not deposit, or deposit less...

The boring shit that gives you no progress is generally what makes you money, the fun stuff doesn’t. That’s pretty much how most game economies work. Take RuneScape, it’s either XP, or Coin, generally not both. Players that want to be free donate their time, and players that want entertainment donate their money.
How many of these profitable vixens you hunted in the last 12 months?
I remember the red herring of the golden times, the oil rig, where noobs that did not deposited could go and spend their time to be able to make some "profit" while being "smart". My lousy point stands, 85% returns in hunting for those not willing to give their future away to this gambling company is the reason i don't deposit or deposit a lot less lately.

The boring shit that gives you no progress is generally what makes you money, the fun stuff doesn’t. That’s pretty much how most game economies work. Take RuneScape, it’s either XP, or Coin, generally not both. Players that want to be free donate their time, and players that want entertainment donate their money.
But for runescape the fun activities are the profitable ones, not the boring activities. Although vixen hunting/taming/healing take more "effort" than what ubers are doing to be fair. (Excluding RDI)

Can't wait to see how you profit with TT weapon, pls share with us your "smart" knowlege...
I thought it was common knowledge that profiting with TT weapons is easy in this game. Whether or not the amount of profit is worth the time investment or if its fun or not is an entirely different story.

I remember the red herring of the golden times, the oil rig, where noobs that did not deposited could go and spend their time to be able to make some "profit" while being "smart". My lousy point stands, 85% returns in hunting for those not willing to give their future away to this gambling company is the reason i don't deposit or deposit a lot less lately.
Like 309k, they are still good

What am I missing here? Why would any 2.0 weapon owner need to deposit if your uber gear makes you profit? :unsure:

That's an interesting question. I don't have a 2.0 weapon so my motivation is to find a way to get one but I don't want to break the bank to do so. Other than that the gear I have is ok for the amount of time I have to play. It can always be better but there is a threshold to how much I will spend on a game. I would think if you have a 2.0 weapon with high efficiency then uber grinding seems to be the key to profit so even those who have gotten a 2.0 early on or looted in some way may still find themselves depositing but probably not as much. Ahhh well to each there own.

Let me count the ways.

1. Long withdrawals
2. Disingenuous players with alts pulling items out of vendors, artificially keeping prices high with fake sales or mystical offers
3. lack of trust with system implementations (space missions, land plots, etc to name a few) - where did the money go? Far as I am concerned to this point, it was stolen. (although I think it was said it was used to fund tier upgrader esis)
4. mindark's lack of understanding to balance an economy with artificial waves and time sink gates (not the farmable kind) vs. more interesting upgrade or consumable schemes to increase demand. We could have had twen versions of items where you take old versions + twen tokens = twen version - but nooooo.
5. to profit or for a chance at fun - we need box-o-palooza. (See #4)
6. last but absolutely not least - their lack of understanding with communication and support that is equivalent to either a) a hobby team just keeping the lights on and not giving it their all or b) just pure ignorance

The OP somewhat cleverly asked for the NR1 thing, but I was also tempted to add at least a second popular reason. Still, we've gathered quite a list, most of which is down to our relationship with MA, although maybe a third relates to RL.

Normally I disagree with at least one point out of any 5 or 6 listed, but the last bunch by atomic is pretty consistent. If I push myself I can disagree with point 5 a bit - the profit or fun one. My style is to be patient and find fun also from variety as the mood takes me. However, sticking to break-even play because losses wouldn't be more fun in this world is indeed partly a reason for not depositing I guess, but has at least as much to do with me as MA. Still, they could at least be aiming to tempt me ... ;p

Last edited:
The OP somewhat cleverly asked for the NR1 thing, but I was also tempted to add at least a second popular reason. Still, we've gathered quite a list, most of which is down to our relationship with MA, although maybe a third relates to RL.
I guess I would find myself somewhere in the middle. I don't depo when I have more interesting things to spend money on, which is both the game and RL's fault :D

Last edited:
My #1 reason is because I just don't feel I get value for the money anymore. Either you go all-in with EU being your whole existence or you lose money at a variable pace. Even a return of 98% means you eventually lose it all. A lot more gaming/entertainment options have come into existence since 2003 that don't cost remotely as much so I find I'm more often comparing - do I deposit $100 in EU which can be gone in a few minutes to a few hours of mindlessly pressing F? ...Or do I spent $100 and get a few new indie games and a Netflix subscription that can last a few months?

With the cost of everything through the roof these days the choice is pretty clear.

People don't deposit more because they don't afford. For example I don't have any money left, all I have is in ingame.If I need some I take out.If i want to deposit I withdraw and deposit again.I use the game as my bank with the fact that the money in my bank doesn't generate more money.Here it does.
Good luck with that! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing my entire net worth was tied up with this company.

Last edited:
Good luck with that! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing my entire net worth was tied up with this company.
This is why I don't rely primarely on what I feel but based on history.

I don’t hunt any vixen, I hate profit.
But for runescape the fun activities are the profitable ones, not the boring activities. Although vixen hunting/taming/healing take more "effort" than what ubers are doing to be fair. (Excluding RDI)
I said it applies to most things, skilling etc. High level PVM is of course different.

If you are smart you can profit with tt weapon and not everyone deposit for PEDS . Personally i would buy keys to open my looted boxes to get best value for my boxes but many have different reasons to depo ..
Dude, if you're smart you can profit without ever firing a single shot.
Hell, that would even be the smartest way to profit with the least amount of trouble.
Just buy stuff and sell for more.
Rinse and repeat.
And in the meantime, play a game with an actual story and loads of adventure and action.

But, ah well, each his own, I guess.

Dont even need to be smart for that, tt weapon on Vixen is profit.
No, it's not. Unless your life isnt worth shit.
It's pennies for your time.
And let's be honest, shooting vixen 8 hours per day, 5 days per week is a recipe for getting a mental illness.

That's not profit. It's just killing your time.

No, it's not. Unless your life isnt worth shit.
It's pennies for your time.
And let's be honest, shooting vixen 8 hours per day, 5 days per week is a recipe for getting a mental illness.

That's not profit. It's just killing your time.

Just giving an example of how you can make profit with tt item, not something i would do myself. But if you miss the ability to see the context i can't help it.

Just giving an example of how you can make profit with tt item, not something i would do myself. But if you miss the ability to see the context i can't help it.
Did I miss the context?
Maybe read my post again to understand my context as well?

I don't consider it profit if the cost to run my PC costs more than I make on shooting vixen.
I just see it as a way to kill time.
Also, vixen is a horrible example in this context as for hunting vixen you dont really need to deposit anyways (apart form a few bucks to start with).

Dude, if you're smart you can profit without ever firing a single shot.
Hell, that would even be the smartest way to profit with the least amount of trouble.
Just buy stuff and sell for more.
Rinse and repeat.
And in the meantime, play a game with an actual story and loads of adventure and action.

But, ah well, each his own, I guess.
🍿🍿🍿🍿

The NR1 thing that makes ppl not deposit, or deposit less...

What is it for you? A spouse? Taxes? Something else?

For me it is ....slow withdrawals...

P.S. I understand some checks must be in place to avoid money laundering etc. But tbh I don't know any other service, game or ... well... anything, where it takes 2 months to make a withdrawal.

edit:
wow this thread derailed a bit, perhaps I should have chosen a different title.
In today's age when I do a withdrawal of ANY service, I get the transfer done in minutes, rather then hours.
Entropia withdrawals however...

I would think the strong USD is a big problem for a lot of ppl. For me i'm to stupid to let that stop me :D

for me NR1 is indeed the long withdrawal process.
tbh i dont think EU is good enough as a game that can survive till now without its RCE element...
and the long withdrawal process made me feel the RCE element itself became a bit less valuable, its very influencing my consideration about how much money worth to be deposited into this game.

Little to no economy when it comes to resource's, majority of materials on all planets wind up in the TT bin ,

Why invest in an economy if there is lack of one

We have 3 classes we can play and yet 2 of them are literally redundant in my opinion

The exchange rate for the norwegian krone (NOK):

We used to get 14 PEDS for 10NOK, now its more like 9PED for 10NOK.

I depoed quite a bit the first few years of play and try to stay afloat with the initial depos. Now and then I try 50-100 seasonal boxes for the off chance of a 20k ring. There are obvious reasons not to depo alot:

- Limited time to play for casual (i.e. me) players, meaning the full time 24/7 metahuman grinders will take all opportunities available and casual players will always be left out and tangle along sub-par.
- Limited play time also makes a 200k gun purchase too risky due to price fluctiations
- I consider macro cheating until MA makes an official macro we can all use. Some players take advantage of MA being greedy and not caring about EULA, and leech on the rest of us.
- I don't play to earn, but play for fun, and consider my depos lost money, so I don't depo more than I'm willing to lose.
- UE5 coming. Who do you think will pay for it? ;)

Withdrawal time is a downside, but not really an issue for me as long as the withdrawal go through. If someone need money that desperately, they shouldn't depo in the first place.

I depoed quite a bit the first few years of play and try to stay afloat with the initial depos. Now and then I try 50-100 seasonal boxes for the off chance of a 20k ring. There are obvious reasons not to depo alot:

- Limited time to play for casual (i.e. me) players, meaning the full time 24/7 metahuman grinders will take all opportunities available and casual players will always be left out and tangle along sub-par.
- Limited play time also makes a 200k gun purchase too risky due to price fluctiations
- I consider macro cheating until MA makes an official macro we can all use. Some players take advantage of MA being greedy and not caring about EULA, and leech on the rest of us.
- I don't play to earn, but play for fun, and consider my depos lost money, so I don't depo more than I'm willing to lose.
- UE5 coming. Who do you think will pay for it? ;)

Withdrawal time is a downside, but not really an issue for me as long as the withdrawal go through. If someone need money that desperately, they shouldn't depo in the first place.
The EULA says no 3rd party programs, first party hardware macro is allowed by ALL definitions and interpretation by the EULA.

Don’t bring up the terms of service if you don’t understand them…

Don’t bitch about macro, just do it like everyone else does. It’s your loss by not understanding the EULA then getting mad at those who do…

you know what pays MA? Decay.
You know who decays a lot? Macro users hunting 24/7

who do you think pays for this game?
Users who hunt 1 hour and complain about others hunting 24/7? Or those that decay and pay into the system 24 hours a day?

who do you think pays for this game?
Users who hunt 1 hour and complain about others hunting 24/7? Or those that decay and pay into the system 24 hours a day?

Those who deposit?

Who do you think ruins the economic system the game is built upon? The bots or the human players?

The EULA says no 3rd party programs, first party hardware macro is allowed by ALL definitions and interpretation by the EULA.
Third party programs is any software created by any party that is not MindArk. There is no such thing as a "hardware macro" and there certainly is no such thing as a first party hardware macro.

A so-called hardware macro is a piece of software running on-board on the keyboard. Read that again. Software. That is not created by MindArk. Third party software.

Furthermore, most of what is being used is the macro feature in peripherals software hub. This is even further from being a "hardware macro"
Don’t bring up the terms of service if you don’t understand them…

Don’t bitch about macro, just do it like everyone else does. It’s your loss by not understanding the EULA then getting mad at those who do…

Don't talk about a domain in which you have no knowledge, especially not to shit on others despite being completely wrong.

All "Hardware macros" are third party software, and as such are covered by the EULA. Anyone automating their gameplay COULD be banned on these grounds.

...snip...
This is what I picture when people say "hardware macro"

532788e629883faa8d28b86bae84c3b6b1f0de18.gif

This is what I picture when people say "hardware macro"

532788e629883faa8d28b86bae84c3b6b1f0de18.gif
Where can I buy that i think i just need that and leave Eu for good .
Start hiaching in osrs and will be so rich🤣🤣🤣

Back