The Penalty's In Mining

Von

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Roy Von Rogers
There is something thats been bothering me when mining, and maybe Marco may want to comment on it, or whomever may have a reasonable answer.

It seems that it doesnt take long when mining, to accumulate enough weight to realy slow things down. Slowing us down by a large weight penalty serves no purpose to the game or us. If things get too slow one has to go to a storage area to unload in order to keep mining. It also keeps us from dropping probes or bombs faster, therfore reducing MA's income. I take along refiners as to reduce weight so I can mine a bit longer, but it doesnt take long before it gets so slow that it becomes boring. Now at times I just "T" out, but that is not always and option due to ending up in an outpost area. Also why is there no storage in an outpost.

Not to mention getting a mining hof, what a pita that is. Sitting there and hitting the mouse button hundreds of times seems stupid and a waste of game time, not to mention MA claims using an autoclicker against policy. I can tell you from personal experience that my mouse clicking finger is still hurting from my last mining hof of 501 ped Lyst. I dont see hunters having to spend time pulling peds, pecs, or items out in batches, you just right click once and get it all.

Why not let us miners do it in one click and give the tool the same amount of wear. Or at least do it with a higher batch amount, lets say 100 and let the tool wear equaly. Ma needs to realize that the less time we spend playing the game, the less money MA gets.

Von

You are right. Mouse clicking is time consuming. There should be some official tools that reduce the needed time

Btw I would never want to have a 501 PED Lyst HOF too. That is really annoying :silly2: ergo MA should limit the lyst HOFs to 50 PEDs or so ?

p.S. the last two line are not very serious

I can perfectly understand how you feel, as I have had a massive of Lysterium and a huge of Crude Oil myself and not using autoclickers because I'm paranoid :scared:

The problem is : if MindArk allowed the players to extract their claims in one click, some randow newbie hitting an enormous of Lysterium would gain 300 levels in a mouseclick...

...which is unfair compared to the average hunter's skillgain rate.

Franck said:
I can perfectly understand how you feel, as I have had a massive of Lysterium and a huge of Crude Oil myself and not using autoclickers because I'm paranoid :scared:

The problem is : if MindArk allowed the players to extract their claims in one click, some randow newbie hitting an enormous of Lysterium would gain 300 levels in a mouseclick...

yep, had a massive lyst... took 3 hours to pull up... *cradles button finger*

i hate autoclickers with a passion. totally cheating, no matter what the case.

just refine your ores, you can usually make it back to storage with no problems on a normal mining run. if you are still overweight after refining, count yourself lucky to get that much on one run.

its all part of the strategy...

also rememeber that claims have an expiration time that will expire and therefore force miners to stay where they are. MA would never take decay out of the extractors since it is money for them... its a MA conspiracy to tkae your money... the weight thing, its sucks, but it also makes it more realistic. No one can really take a massive amount of ore and just walk home with it. They should have a wheel barrow or cargo holder that you can either pruchase or rent to help carry your load.

I would love to see MA introduce an autoclicking option for both mining and crafting.

The way it works now, is that you click to craft/mine and there comes certain amount of seconds before you can perform the action again (click/wait/click).

The way i would like it to be (something like this):
---
*click*
*menu pops up*
choose between:
10 clicks
50 clicks
X clicks
---
But with some milliseconds penalty between each autoclick.

Im not saying that the regular click/wait/click event should be removed, i just want some options to choose between :)

I dont consider using a autoclicker on a mining hof as cheating. If someone at MA would have tought about it, it wouldnt have been hard to make a mousebutton hold down the extractor procedure, without the repetitive injury causing proceedure as is. Just so you all know, I have a dislike with games becoming mouse monkey devices. As far as I'm concerned we should have a choice of a mouse or a joystick. Joysticks today have so many more ways of operating a game then a mouse. Especially since many sticks have a twist action which perfectly mimmics a body turning, and with hat switches that are used for views etc. And with a throttle quadrant one has many buttons available without having to look at a keyboard, looking for a proper keys. All it takes is writing the drivers for it.

Also as for noobs getting too much skill just doesnt hold true. When you click x amount you get x amount of skills, what difference would it make what the batch amounts would be, if you give a higher batch amount with less clicking, give the equal amount you would with more clicks. Same with tool decay, its just a matter of changing the sofware routine.

My whole point is that we spend way too much time doing things at are not productive for either the players or MA. Many people have a limited amount of time they can spend on a game, why does this game insist we waste so much time doing things that are unrewarding for all. Im all for a certain amount of realism, but spending five hours getting a mining hof is idiotic, not too mention if realism one wants, then it should also applied to hunting...it takes time to de-hide a beast or to plunder it if realism is the consideration.

Von

Von said:
It seems that it doesnt take long when mining, to accumulate enough weight to realy slow things down. Slowing us down by a large weight penalty serves no purpose to the game or us. If things get too slow one has to go to a storage area to unload in order to keep mining.

Simply dont close loot window - dont push "take it all" till you get back from mining. U can hide it below chat window so it dont cover your screen.

And clicking is really stupid - if i ever get hof in oil for example - ill turn autoclicker on. I am even considering installing "autofire" on my mouse if autoclickers are illegal.

Omg...Whining Alert... :rolleyes:

How often did you get overloaded(lots of ore/enmatter)...?

Leave a bit in the claim press "T"...return to claim.(bomb the hell out of surrounding area or not)... problem solved.. :D

Drilled a plentyful oil(113ped) once ...when mobs spawned right next to my claim.. :dunce:
Had to repair my drill twice and went to storage once even relogged couple of times because of lag..but loved every second of it.. :D

Gimme a imense/huge/plentyfull lyst and/or oil any time.. :tongue2:
Peez..
Ciao a tutti.. :cool:

Smoking Holland said:

Leave a bit in the claim press "T"...return to claim.(bomb the hell out of surrounding area or not)... problem solved.. :D

Drilled a plentyful oil(113ped) once ...when mobs spawned right next to my claim.. :dunce:
Had to repair my drill twice and went to storage once even relogged couple of times because of lag..but loved every second of it.. :D

Peez..
Ciao a tutti.. :cool:

i second the motion. next time you get a massive lyst or oil, be sure and call me up, ill have no problem taking care of that for you. whining about getting an hof?! what planet are you from?

and even tho you dont care about autoclickers, i can assure you MA does. have fun using it, with your ped stuck ingame, while im busy withdrawing...

Ateush said:
Simply dont close loot window - dont push "take it all" till you get back from mining. U can hide it below chat window so it dont cover your screen.

And clicking is really stupid - if i ever get hof in oil for example - ill turn autoclicker on. I am even considering installing "autofire" on my mouse if autoclickers are illegal.

I think that would be the same thing really. I think you should have an ON/OFF button on the extractor and crafting machines. You put what ore you want in, and when it's used, it stops.

Good tip about mining though. I didn't know if you left the window open you don't have the weight added. I've been trapped MILES away and had to "WALK" my way back to a TP.

Also, I think they should have a Trick Knee skill. Then we could buy braces and Bengay at the tt...

Smoking Holland said:

Leave a bit in the claim press "T"...return to claim.(bomb the hell out of surrounding area or not)... problem solved..

Peez..
Agreed. Part of the fun is in the clicking, as dumb as it may sound. When I mined my first (and so far only) hof I had to be quick since the claim got an expiration time in the past and two robots where closing in! That was a memorable moment. :) It would not have been as exciting if I could have extracted it in one click...

Well, I also get a little frustrated with the weight we can carry. When taking 200 bombs, 200 probes, and sometimes 200 ped ammo (depending on the mining area), you can get overweight very quickly. The main offender is Sweetstuff and Nexus since you can't refine it.

Leaving my loot window open for more than an hour isn't really an option, since I have the world's worst ISP, and I'm guaranteed to get disconnected every time my loot window is nice and full. In fact, I often hold Stack parties. Open invite.

Avery said:
since I have the world's worst ISP, and I'm guaranteed to get disconnected every time my loot window is nice and full
I'm sorry but you don't :( No matter how incompetent you may think your ISP is , mine is just gonna put him to shame :wise: :mad:

Oh , and on the subject , the strength combined with some other skills should count in determaning how much a player can carry ...

If you don't like the time it takes too pull up a large amount of lyst / oil then get a fast OM and/or an autolicker.
I use an autoclicker too mine IF i hit a large or higher, of oil, melchi, lyst, etc.

Mr Claude said:
I'm sorry but you don't :( No matter how incompetent you may think your ISP is , mine is just gonna put him to shame :wise: :mad:

Hehe sounds really really bad. And I think it's going to be a close call.

I have 512kbps ADSL that costs $150/month. I have a 3GB cap per month, and my connection is "shaped", so that priority is given to HTTP, SMTP, POP, etc. and as a consequence any gaming is frightfully slow with huge packet loss, except after about 10pm at night :)

Also, they disconnect me a couple times per day intentionally, and I get disconnected numerous other times due to their incompetence.

Maybe yours is worse, but I doubt you pay as much as I do for the crap service :p

Back on topic - agreed, bring skills into it to allow us to carry a bit more :)

Hitman said:
If you don't like the time it takes too pull up a large amount of lyst / oil then get a fast OM and/or an autolicker.
I use an autoclicker too mine IF i hit a large or higher, of oil, melchi, lyst, etc.

Please dont encourage such things as they are against the EULA, we already have a "autoclicker" thread for discussion, but encouraging it is not allowed, thanks.

Sorry, giving you bad rep for this....

I like it as it is now.
To extract ore needs to take some time. If not, skills would be to easy to get.
Another thing is the danger from other mobs around the area and definitly from PvP3.

Also overweight can be solluted when vehicles will come ingame. Central storage where you can get access from everyplace should then be removed.
This would open for a new profession, Transportation. :D

/Kjetil :cool:

Avery said:
Hehe sounds really really bad. And I think it's going to be a close call.

I have 512kbps ADSL that costs $150/month.

What country are you in? That's an outrageous price!

Ateush said:

and if you have 500ped of lyst in that window and you CTD.... you are gonna have to relog countless times in order to stack it all as there is not auto-stack button... and its a pain in the ass sometimes ;)

Smoking Holland said:
no kidding...
Smoking Holland said:
id like to know that too...
Franck said:
hmm... iv got to disagree with you on that one bro, though were usually on the same page... for one thing, what are the chances of any noob hittting that? ya, someone always scores a jackpot, but its inevitable. for another, hes going to gain the levels anyway... its just the difference between 60 seconds and 60 minutes.
Joey said:
its a MA conspiracy to tkae your money...
uh... ya... they brainwash you while your asleep... force you to go to your computer... and play their game while in a semi-unconcious state of mind. not to mention that, but neurological implants force your hand to take out your credit card and type in the necessary information...
ri-ight... :handjob: grow up, huh?
Von said:
I dont consider using a autoclicker on a mining hof as cheating. Von
uh huh... and HAVE you read the terms of agreement?

and guys... QUIT WITH THE TALK ABOUT MODS. come ON, its not like marco and god-knows-who-else DONT have a resposibility to take down names... i wouldnt be suprised if you all found yourself strung up by your *toes*.

MindBuster said:
Please dont encourage such things as they are against the EULA, we already have a "autoclicker" thread for discussion, but encouraging it is not allowed, thanks.

Sorry, giving you bad rep for this....

fair enough. point taken

I dont consider autoclicker a cheat. In fact using a autoclicker or using a device like a auto-hammer in the top of my mouse its the same thing. So if i get a kinda of auto-hammer to my mouse is that a autoclicker??? Will MA ever find out? i can click fast with the finger too, alot of RTS xp. :tongue2:

Might sound weird, but the fun in mining, i think, is in the clicking. I am always so excited and ready to do that. :p

Yea, maybe 500 ped lyst would be VERY boring and kind of impossible without a clicker, but believe me, i would do it without the clicker. :p

Ya, i know im totally absurd. but i have got LOTS of free time these days. :)

Im etting a chance to do that from past some days tho, lol.

No way to limit lyst

I want a rich deposit of lyst why else would I have a Imp Exc?

hello i know this posts are old but i decided to post something here

dont u just love the emocion of cliking big deposits and staying like " when will the sound poop up" how much i would get....

in my rich deposit i didnt used autocliker wich i am againts it was like 4 hours or emotion pulling that up from the ground..... knowing thqat i would get a ath... even in vast its a big emotion too be there just cliking and cliking and cliking....

My first hof was 60ped lyst and my first thought was "Damn it's taking a long time to pull stuff." How exactly is MA gonna check for autoclickers? Theres alot of options in those these days. Only one deposite over 200ped ever(2004) so i can't say mining really gives anything(not for me anyway).

i think MA should make extracting in just 1 click or 2 or 3 or 4.. you click once and depending on the size.. a long bar would open and would move slowly and still extract the amount of stones in the same time and still give u skills. just that you would click only once but still get the same results as to clicking a billion times

Slaytin said:
i think MA should make extracting in just 1 click or 2 or 3 or 4.. you click once and depending on the size.. a long bar would open and would move slowly and still extract the amount of stones in the same time and still give u skills. just that you would click only once but still get the same results as to clicking a billion times

I think that is a bad idea, because that will make you get resources up with now work done. Also market will be flooded with ore in no time.

/Kjetil :cool:

Not to mention that if it was alot of ore, you'd have no way to protect yourself if a mob spawned...

Back