The pointlessness of the Rare Items board

Eli

Prowler
Elissia Eli Talor
So today I got curious about when the last EP IV bp was found. I assume this would be considered a rare item find. A look at the ATH Rare Items board told me nothing. In fact it told me very little about anything rare. I was given a list of rare items ever found sorted not by their rarity, but by TT value. The two are not at all related. An item can be extremely rare but with low TT value.

For example, I would have expected to see the unique rings from strong boxes on the rare items ATH, but because the minimum TT value to be on that board is 203PED, that is not going to happen. So leads to the topic... the board is totally useless for what it's title implies it's supposed to do. One of two things I can think of: 1) Someone at MA got REALLY lazy 2) someone at MA doesn't want to reveal any kind of data on the rarity of an item based on other rare items....:scratch2:

So today I got curious about when the last EP IV bp was found. I assume this would be considered a rare item find. A look at the ATH Rare Items board told me nothing. In fact it told me very little about anything rare. I was given a list of rare items ever found sorted not by their rarity, but by TT value. The two are not at all related. An item can be extremely rare but with low TT value.

For example, I would have expected to see the unique rings from strong boxes on the rare items ATH, but because the minimum TT value to be on that board is 203PED, that is not going to happen. So leads to the topic... the board is totally useless for what it's title implies it's supposed to do. One of two things I can think of: 1) Someone at MA got REALLY lazy 2) someone at MA doesn't want to reveal any kind of data on the rarity of an item based on other rare items....:scratch2:

It's #1. Just a lazy design.

The rare item HOFs already served their sole intended purpose, to get more people addicted to the glory of swirly lights and HoF sounds. Same as with the new global thresholds. Love getting spammed with 20 PED Kerb globals and 5 PED Shoggoth globals... Super awesome! :dunce:

I would love to see a database for every item letting you know how many are in existence in the game. A lotta people who find something or own something rare seem awful fond of using the word unique which is misleading.

I would love to see a database for every item letting you know how many are in existence in the game. A lotta people who find something or own something rare seem awful fond of using the word unique which is misleading.

The unique rings are unique, 99.9% of everything else has a cousin or brother.

As far as I'm aware the Improved LR32 is unique though. :)

what is more useless is the Tiering ATH list, has duplicates for everything and is based on value of the tiering returns not who has gotten the highest tier on an item...

what is more useless is the Tiering ATH list, has duplicates for everything and is based on value of the tiering returns not who has gotten the highest tier on an item...

That would still make it useless

It's just lazy design... they used the same ranking system for all "HOF" boards, as the one used for hunting. So once the "trigger" is matched (rarity, value etc) it is then just ranked by TT value.

They are reduced? Since when?

Once upon a time a global was 50 ped.

Didn't matter if you were hunting punies or proterons. As far as I know it's still that was for crafting and mining, too.

Maybe we need multiplier-based globals for mining and crafting as well.

:wtg: how many 2 ped EP I globals can we have in a day :wtg:

Once upon a time a global was 50 ped.

Didn't matter if you were hunting punies or proterons. As far as I know it's still that was for crafting and mining, too.

Maybe we need multiplier-based globals for mining and crafting as well.

:wtg: how many 2 ped EP I globals can we have in a day :wtg:

Agree, I want a rare item HOF for Rugaritz etc!!! :dunce:

http://entropialife.com/rareloot.aspx
You can use this, just type desired item in the box and see how many results there are.
This works only for few years back. Because rare items were hidden before certain update, you won't find dozens of shadow and supremacy parts that Star and other ubers looted back in the good days of this game :)

It's #1. Just a lazy design.

The rare item HOFs already served their sole intended purpose, to get more people addicted to the glory of swirly lights and HoF sounds. Same as with the new global thresholds. Love getting spammed with 20 PED Kerb globals and 5 PED Shoggoth globals... Super awesome! :dunce:

I for one would like lower global limits, especially in mining. hitting around 45 ped of oil with the tt finder!!! and not getting any swirls was a fucking joke. not everybody is a high roller...:rolleyes:

same with my recent 12 ped crafting drop. that was at least 5 times higher than what I've ever gotten before (can only imagine what I would've gotten on quality setting there with that multiplier). if it's that rare, it might as well be a global. global should be based on relation to the average drop, not solely based on the # of PED

I for one would like lower global limits, especially in mining. hitting around 45 ped of oil with the tt finder!!! and not getting any swirls was a fucking joke. not everybody is a high roller...:rolleyes:

same with my recent 12 ped crafting drop. that was at least 5 times higher than what I've ever gotten before (can only imagine what I would've gotten on quality setting there with that multiplier). if it's that rare, it might as well be a global. global should be based on relation to the average drop, not solely based on the # of PED

I could care less if they add this, but should be an option to filter based on PED so we don't get spammed.

lol rarity,,,, is there such a thin in EU

most things have been found or crafted soo many times there isnt much rare about this game besides smuggler guns faps and esi and shopkeeper pads... other then that not really any need to know rarity atleast impo, usability,,,, thats the key

The unique rings are unique, 99.9% of everything else has a cousin or brother.

As far as I'm aware the Improved LR32 is unique though. :)

I remember times when unique items got a "unique" in their name (not sure about the rings) but:

Unique Terminator
Unique Ram Purifier
Unique Legendary Waraxe

For me, as long there is no unique in the name, I would give a shit about someone claiming it is the only one existing, as two more or even more could drop the next day.

Simple solution:

Each item in game shall have in description 2 new position : 1 "Number of item existing" and 2 "Still drop/ no longer drop"

Rare Items is the only page of the Hall of Fame that I normally bother to read. It's the only interesting one.

Following that logic, why not just have a global for EVERYTHING that happens > 10 PEDs? :hammer:

When you've played the game for many years, you'll realize how insipid and irrelevant globals become when they occur far too often. Non-stop global messages and swirlies happening every hour (or even minutes for some) just kill the excitement, just like that candy bar tastes so great, but after you've eaten 10 in an hour, you're ready to puke. 10 chocolate bars spread out over a few months, not so bad.

The lame globals were introduced to maintain interest and activity for n00bs and help with new player retention. If I was a n00b, I'd probably enjoy it too (for a while), but I went from working my ass off to get even a single global in many hours of hunting, to ONLY getting globals when shooting small shit mobs...and it peeves me off now. Now every time I get one of those "n00bals", I resist the urge to facepalm myself.

Last edited:
Really talking about globals they should just trigger when a high multiplier is hit and not by the value alone. It's much more interesting to see a global where someone got lucky then from seeing them from people that dump a ton of ped into something just to get a "global".

When you see the same person getting hit after hit on EP or anything else for that matter it takes the fun out of the game when you can't break even most times.

Dat my bad. I sometimes get bored and start browsing topics lower in the list, and forget to pay attention to the last post date. :ahh:

Back