The sea....

8EyeSi

Old
What happens if you swim away from entropia? are there sharks? or what

If you swim too far you fall off the edge of the digital world.

Ghandi said:
If you swim too far you fall off the edge of the digital world.
Indeed, I heard someone suggest the other day that if you swam far enough you would end up back at Eudoria suggesting that the world is actually round lol. I think he was strung up by the neck for being a heretic trouble maker. Im mean seriously .....

We all know the world is flat!!! :wise:

Reactions: Ona
:rofl:
I love all the answers so far. :laugh: Since the best have been taken, I guess I'll be honest. I know I've tried to swim as far as I could from Eudoria and didn't really encounter anything. After swimming for quite awhile, the water suddenly turned to what looked like sand closer to the edge of the map, even though I was still swimming. It just went on and on and on and on and I finally gave up, deciding that there was most probably nothing there of interest.

Sorry to be the downer of the party. :duh: Maybe things have changed from that VU though. ;)

Hmm I once posted a theory about a mystical corridor of the sea that leads to another land. Can't remember where though.

Maybe one day when I'm REALLY bored I'll go on a swimming expedition. It would help if I had a boat to be honest :D

somone did work out that eudoria was south of Amethera or something though by mining and changing continents. The arrow still pointed to the deposit...

Maybe you could swim to another continent

Maybe there is a new continent already somewhere waiting to be discovered....

8EyeSi said:
What happens if you swim away from entropia? are there sharks? or what
:wave:

<sings>

"Farewell and adieu to you fine Spanish ladies ... farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain ... "

duuuun dun ...duuun dun ...dun dun ... dun dun ... dun dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN DUN

DERDERDER!!!

:scared:

Last edited:
Yeah what is at the edge? I always just assumed that after a while of
swimming you would get the message:

"the server in this area is currently unavailable"

SOMEONE must have swam TP'd to the edge? What is there? :wise:

VV

I'm just guessing you just can't go any further ...

Imo this is not really worth starting a post about but ... 'live and let live' :dunce:

Vince Vaughn said:
"the server in this area is currently unavailable"
VV

Isnt this still the message you get when your out of server range? But read the message carefully "the server in this area is currently unavailable". This means that the area exists but there is no server atm? So what is an area which is not controlled by a server? There is only one answer, IRL. It reminds me a little of "In the head of John Malkovich". The visitors in John Malkovich head got spit out after a while, and landed naked beside a high-way.

Maybe if you swim a while in the area which is not currently controlled by a server, you will also end up naked somewhere irl :wise:

That is my theory

Lomo said:
Maybe if you swim a while in the area which is not currently controlled by a server, you will also end up naked somewhere irl :wise:

:laugh:
Thats similar to my theory on the loot pool.. but it still doesn't answer the question! I want proof!

VV

it says about that thingie with server not currently available... if i will ever be again so bored to swim there, i will post a screenie

Well I guess you could always click that auto-run movement feature, face to the sea and leave your computer on for a few hours or overnight. Even if theres nothing, theres the good old 't' key. :)

I've seen the sea turn to sand (where the water graphics end). Its really wierd - as if you're swining through the air a few meters above a desert. I'm guessing this will be continuous forever. There will probably be some code in the game that (when you reach the "end" of the map) will keep the graphics moving and such to give you the impression your character is swimming, but in reality you're stationary (if that makes sense). The onl way I can describe it would be like bieng on a treadmill - you're moving but not physically moving any further from the continent. :S

That may not be correct, but its the only way I can see it being done when the end is reached. *shrugs*

EDIT: Well, I know thats not correct now....since people posted as I was typing. Meh. It was worth an educated guess. ;)

In the ancient times swimming to far out got you litterally stuck. In the Air no less. The water vanished and you were floating in mid air.

Many a fool hardy adventurer got stuck that way, and some never returned for weeks till support (or Fluffy the server Hamster) got around to moving them.

hmmmm :scratch: when I first started there was a somewhat secret island I explored it was like three mounds of dirt and nothing to loot or mine but I thought that was way out in the ocean near the end of the server border but it did not show up on the maps. Is it still there this VU? I can't remember the coords I am at work and they are in my notes at home somewhere. To bad there arent sharks or sea monsters out in the deep it would make the oceans fun. MA could add a whole new element to the game when they eventually add vehicles they could include boats and subs :whistle:

Reactions: Ona
Arokh said:
Even if theres nothing, theres the good old 't' key. :)

Not always. I once swam from Twin Peaks beach to the outpost
SW of pvp2 and when I was directly South of the outpost, tried
to press T. And the message was something like "There are no
revivals on the active area, move until you reach an area
with a revival" or something like that. I swam N sometimes
and tried to T and soon managed to get to the revival. This
happened on 2004 I guess.

Try it out some day.

Sirhc said:
MA could add a whole new element to the game when they eventually add vehicles they could include boats and subs :whistle:

:D Or diving gear. Find some minerals laying on the ocean bed and such. Perhaps even a crashed ship with treasure - like the robot ship only a deep sea version that can only be reached with the right equipment. As for sea monsters....perhaps further out in the sea. The water tends to be a safe refuge and a great (if long) way to get around without being hassled by mobs when exploring or doing teleporter runs. Although....I did get fished to death once by those little fish things. Guess I made some good bait. =P

Back