There is a lootpool !

Bonebr3aker

Guardian
johhny bonebr3kr rotten
Developer Notes #1This Entropia Universe Buzz article is the first in a new series of Developer Notes where the development team at MindArk will share various tips and bits of information about Entropia Universe with our participants. Some Developer Notes will address important issues that we have noticed being discussed on community forums, while others will be prompted by feedback and questions received via support cases. Our goal with the Developer Notes series is to help participants better understand MindArk’s goals for Entropia Universe, and hopefully correct several misconceptions that have arisen within the community that we feel might help participants make more informed decisions for their avatars. We hope that you find the Developer Notes articles interesting and informative.

Independent Lootpools - One concern that we see very often on community forums, especially when a big All Time High is achieved, is that one profession is unfairly “financing” a huge loot in another profession. This misconception often results in one group of participants (i.e. hunters) becoming upset or frustrated that their activity is being used to fund the rewards given to another group of participants (i.e. miners). To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.

REF: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

And Lootius the almighty decides whom will get what and at what time.

oOoOoO! Peds are actually accumulated before part of them are returned (i.e. MA not pre-financing the loot)
Nice they shared it, big news!
And thanks for sharing, nobody noticed I guess! +rep!

What's the surprise here? I don't get it...

isnt this something we have known for years?

its as much news as revealing the fact that loot is not in the mob.

Wow...

All this time, I thought CB5 (L)'s came right out of Chirpy asses. ;)

isnt this something we have known for years?

Or that loot is time based and given at the looting action and not at the mob's death.
Or that it's the avatar's personal conditions that determine a different loot on the mob.
Or that MA controls drop rates and item quantities.

Warning-No-Diving-Sign-S-7068.gif

:p

I don't find the post now, but this was confirmed by Marco|MindArk back in 2005 or something, perhaps even further back on EP forums. Nothing new under the sun.

Of course there is a loot pool - it is the only way MA can automatically control the total quantity of any item type in the game (ofc there are also some rare manual tweaks).

If you just looted 1000 units of green widgets, it means some crafter just used them in the crafting machine.
If you are wondering why your favorite mob doesnt drop green widgets anymore, it means some crafter or market manipulator has a lot of them in his storage and is waiting for their markup to rise.

---
Wow ! The forum remembered what i wrote up to this point, after i had to do an unexpected hard reboot ! :)
---

Continuing:

You kill a mob or drop a probe, the system looks at the mob max hp size or the total value of the probes and amplifiers you used and serves you a loot multiplier number, then it looks at what is in the loot table for the mob or for the area you mined and serves you what it can take from the pool and no more.

Most probably if there is not enough of the correct item type in the pool and your loot multiplier is very high, it gives you general filler items like lysterium or muscle oil - thats why you rarely see very big hofs with very high markup stackable items.

Higher perception skill increases better loot chances...

You really should stop pissing in the lotpool Eve, we do share this you know!!

Higher perception skill increases better loot chances...

Yes and once you have Entropia master level in perc every run will be profit and you will be in the land of milk and honey ( or however it is expressed in English ). No more loss...

psst. Selling perc chips @ balcony

:p

This was posted a while ago. If you actually parse what they say you'll find the only piece of hard information they give is that crafting losses don't fund hunting hofs.

Back