This is how hunting looks like currently in entropiauniverse for avg player.

Just for the people saying TT returns are not important. You’re wrong.
TT return of 80%
TT return of 85%. This return is easier to break even using MU..

Loot return is based on TT
Eff based on tt
looter based on tt

You have to max use your TT returns before focusing on MU.

mayhem you’ll always get lower TT due to the points you gain. I believe they are factored into loot returns. If I get more points my TT returns falls. Less points then my TT is higher
Your not wrong in the first part, but you should focus tt returns and MU at the same time instead of tt first.

Sure, you are right, thats why I stopped depositing and bought ticket to Canada to visit my family for the money I had prepare for next depos to cover the losses. No more depo to the game, quess who will loose on that long term. Me or the game? :)
50k in 4months that is way too much for the fun eu is giving you.

So you learned something?

Don't worry about the game. There are others, enough others.

Last 2 days shows me a real face of this game:

index.php

Always been dedicated to this game but what is going on lately its out of my financial reach.

From end of hallo mayhem till the begin of easter hallo I cycled in total 579 658,92 peds and gets in return 542 933,62 peds. On christmas I was using all the time bc-60+armatrix 42P amps. Outside Event unl BC-30 with Beast/armatrix 17p or without any amps. Hunting alwasy small mobs up to 1200hp 99% of the time and on Mayhems cat 3-5.
Looter animal lvl 50, mutant 47, robot 43
Total loss, 36,7k

Easter Mayhem. Using adj ml-35+mayhem alpha amps. Already cycled 137 394,44peds in cat 4,5,6,7. And today I just reach great milesone, lost already over 11k peds tt even not finishing redulite. Im not getting any multis or compensations for loosing almost 50k peds in bit more than 4 months. Anyone thinks that this is normal? How many people can allow for such losses? Is there any chance to recover or I just sell my stuff and get out of this game. Any tips are welcome ;)

I think your mistake was using expensive limited equipment on Mayhem. Should have stuck with the Unlimited BC-30 Modified and been patient on the low level categories. You obviously are not comfortable with 50k swings, so I think the BC-30 is the way to go in the future.

With a cost of living crisis and rampant inflation it is certainly wise of you to consider your future in Entropia.

Last edited:
idk how you guys are all crying and losing... im using Limited weapons and still profiting, most people see the game in days or weeks of returns. entropia is a long term investment. of time and money. you wont get a payout every day or every week. but long term itll happen. just keep shooting. and trust in the systum that has worked for me and many others.

us people who see green from playing the game every month are not just lucky. we play smart and understand the game and its system.
and you dont see people winning crying on forums when we are at a -20k ped for a month... just keep shooting/dropping probs. itll come but it wont come if your on forums talking about it.

TT will always be at a loss the more you play the more you lose to TT it should never be your focus. Get your looter as high as you can and efficiency as high as you can and after that TT is nothing, because it's fixed by those two inputs and will over enough time trend towards them. This mayhem especially will be rough if you focus on TT because not only is it high volatility but it's also robots so almost everyone is going to take an additional 1-3% tt loss here due to lower robot looter levels.
But all stuff like focus on markup and forget about TT is easier said than done even for someone who has seen it/done it/believes it for a decent amount of time there are days or even weeks where it is still a bit of a mind fuck to get bent over so hard on a hunt to hunt basis so I can definitely relate and understand that for a casual player or someone that plays on a budget or with mediocre skills and gear it's even worse because even after all the misery when it finally does 'correct' and put them close to expected they are still at a loss but it's a very hard problem to fix given it's a 0 sum game with rake someone will always be losing it's just about them finding the most palatable way to feed you that loss.

i would carefully reevaluate your play style. It’s already been said but L equip with 140% markup is one of the fastest ways to amplify your losses. Why you would shoot a BC60 L when u have a 30 UL blows my mind. Stop trying to compete with the big dawgs and camp your butt in cat 1 and just shoot unenhanced. You will stop hemorrhaging ped and might even get lucky enough to pop a big one.

if you play dumb expect to get dumb results. Don’t measure yourself against guys who are shooting guns that are more expensive than a car. This game is all about markup not TT. So don’t focus on tt return as much as MU.

Sometimes you have to sustain consistent losses for 6+ months before getting a kickback. It's nice to have a chance at a big hof, but things are too volatile these days for the average player.
And for some it takes 6+ years before getting a kickback.
And for some, it never comes at all.

Anyone thinks that this is normal?
"Normal" is a matter of perspective but it's definitely a common case. Like a few others have said, better safe than sorry, if bankroll is small so BC30 would have been my choice too if I would have seen heavy losses.

It's hard for sure, the competition is much higher (mainly because most players see themselves pulling items from vendor) and the bankroll management thingy experienced players keep shouting about is an actual thing without you cannot get to sustainability levels, not mention profitting.

You need to also get mentally prepared not jsut financially, if at average level your losses are at that level, at high levels and much higher turnovers, swings can be much more brutal. I'm seeing 4-5k ped losses daily for 4-5 days in a row when things get bad.

Good bankroll, high activity and commitment means you can count your looted MTokens at 2 ped per, if you manage to pull smth from vendor. Getting amps also yields good price / token; sellign boxes few months after mayhem also increases the profit chance; at these rates even using lower eff but high dps can give good results in long run.

Never ever did the game compensate someone for their losses from previous day. Cycles are too big and it takes months even years until someone can get to their payback period.

I don't like this high volatility MA chose since last Halloween Mayhem, but since the majority of players play for the swirlies and for the big hits, that's what MA did, answered the community's wishes.

Smart play will make the HOFs irrelevant in med term and in the end. Going high eff and looter, converting shrapnel means tt profit at a certain level. You don't need people to prove you the possible MU. You need to figure it out and especially if it's worth it to you... but you also need a good idea of what's possible and how end game looks like, which is also very hard when the forum is mostly full of people that didn't manage to get decent results.

You don't cycle enough
You dont play enough
Believe in yourself
Increase your looter to 200
You don't have enough eff
Try to change things
Do something else
Years is not enoug, come back after 20 years grind
Too small sample
Have you tried hunting naked ?
Must be your uneco fap
You are in the wrong cat
Buuuut don't chase the hof !
You're doing something wrong
Learn to play noob
Play the game, live the game, learn the game
You are not smart enough

Allright, you are protected against the bullshit now as i already said it

Sadly after 10 years you didn't learn anything :)

I can say one thing. There were lots of complains saying the game is boring (because of the 300/1000 multi max) like a while ago and MA increased volatility and now we can get 2k multis again.

I can say one thing. There were lots of complains saying the game is boring (because of the 300/1000 multi max) like a while ago and MA increased volatility and now we can get 2k multis again.
and it didn't work.
It's still boring as hell because most still don't get those 2k muiltis.

Welcome to the new entropia. I guess this is what they wanted with the changes they put in place last year. I don't know how anyone thought this would sustain players.

It is not to sustain ordinary players. It is to ensure deposits from the addicted that cycle big without caring about losses or create new addicts through lost cost fallacy.

The new event structure, loot system and gameplay is all about lost cost fallacy and the main mayhem events are a good example of that:
Extreme high variance loot and prizes that requires immense amount of gameplay and bankroll. Either you feel the lost cost fallacy by waiting for the 10k+ kickback hof or you are sitting on 50k+ mayhem tokens and are desperately shooting or opening loot boxes to gain your rare tokens to extract your prize.

Did you get lucky looting a rare token early on? Well then you need to grind away at 80% RTP so that you can get enough mayhem tokens to make usage of the rare token (lost cost fallacy again).

As some has pointed out in recent threads is the question if this loot algorithm and gameplay are in line with what is considered gambling or not. One thing is for sure: It is not healthy for Cat 1-3 which are for low level players in mayhem to require looting a 10k kickback hof to recover losses and the only markup you loot is lootboxes which tempt you to try to deposit for loot box keys to loot a high markup item or a rare token.
That is pure gambling mechanism if you ask me.

The game right now, as in @pril 2022, is really really boring. Not as exciting as before. It's fun to jump in with friends, but MA wants you to sit on a chair for 5 hours and just shoot. I had that patience almost 20 years ago but not today. There is nothing thrilling about wishing big loot anymore. Everything is over priced and alot of people with inflation in their own heads. The new engine will surely give back some kind of spark that's for sure.

Last edited:
i would carefully reevaluate your play style. It’s already been said but L equip with 140% markup is one of the fastest ways to amplify your losses. Why you would shoot a BC60 L when u have a 30 UL blows my mind. Stop trying to compete with the big dawgs and camp your butt in cat 1 and just shoot unenhanced. You will stop hemorrhaging ped and might even get lucky enough to pop a big one.

if you play dumb expect to get dumb results. Don’t measure yourself against guys who are shooting guns that are more expensive than a car. This game is all about markup not TT. So don’t focus on tt return as much as MU.
I was shooting bc-60+arm 42p because Im making them by my own so gun+amp cost me probably aroung 115% to be on 0 crafting those. I was ready to loose the mu on gun+amps as I was sure that I can easy cover that from boxes and other stuff mu on mayhems, I just was not prepared that in one event I can loose 20k ped tt and that was a amount of peds I lost due to christmas mayhem. Outside Im always using my bc-30 even without amp and just slow boating. This slow boats gives me monthly up to 7k ped tt loss on that gun.

If + volatility = + real loot and - fillers/shrapnel thats a good thing. And makes the game a lot more interesting to play.

Low volatility has many downfalls to the game´s health. It becomes very boring, very predictable and above all to easy to solve. This goes exactly against what we need for a game that is tied up to the mechanics we have. We need some excitement and a lot of question marks about ways to solve the game.

We still get the 95% back long run!

Now MA needs to create some basic interplanetary supply chain for players to trade fillers at some MU. That creates a pillow to soften those long run losses as it did before the 2014 fuckup.

Life moves on and we need to find new solution for problems at hand:

Dune and the "spice" that was harvested as life supply comes to mind. What if every player in game worked to "serve" the EP lords? It would create a big demand for the "spice" all around the universe <- interplanetary commerce, a sink for fillers in hunting/mining <- MU pillow to soften losses (better than TT right?). As well as providing players with a much more trustworthy economy to play on (it´s not hard to understand why we trade at 102% av. MU) it would also work as a tool for MA to measure a lot of stuff about the economy.

In my opinion MA need to go to step two. A weebit more of volatility aint hurting noone long run... loggers will still report those 95% long run here in forum.

Heck I was reporting 90/95% in 6months span since I came back about 8 months ago. Only thing I complained about in forum was it was boring, there is not enough MU and to many fillers.

To OP:

The only thing in common with winning hunters is that they all use unL gear. Do what you want with this info and the answers from them above.

May lootius be with you in this time of need m8

If you are going to park your 2.0 weapon in storage during the biggest turnover events then you might as well sell it to somebody that will utilise it properly and keep the peds.

Also don’t fall into the fallacy of thinking that just because you craft your own armatrix that they don’t cost you the markup. Because you can always turn around and sell them for retail price on auction. It’s an opportunity loss and it costs you just the same.

I would drop the category down to lower your volatility on your bankroll, use the BC-30 to nurse your TT% the best you can and ride it out. Hope you get a nice hof soon.

The game right now, as in @pril 2022, is really really boring. Not as exciting as before. It's fun to jump in with friends, but MA wants you to sit on a chair for 5 hours and just shoot. I had that patience almost 20 years ago but not today. There is nothing thrilling about wishing big loot anymore. Everything is over priced and alot of people with inflation in their own heads. The new engine will surely give back some kind of spark that's for sure.
Yes, this is also a good point that you mention.
I can remember the time when a 1k+ hof was amazing! Let alone a 5k hof!!
You could actually buy something cool with that, especially with 5k.
People would actually place it on PCF to show off.
Now, 6k is nothing.
Won't even buy you the simplest UL rifle.
Now it's just a few more days shooting and that's about it.

I had same or worse results. This mayhem was awful. I did level up some skills, so I guess I just paid for that. This is the one of the highest codex I have and 39 globals on record, that is crap. I did bronze and have nearly 12k points and my largest loot was 167. Ive never lost this much this quickly- although this is not unlike other mayhems. I'll keep it short and say I had the same result as you and they should no longer call it Merry Mayhem... its depressing Give Us Your Money as Quick As Possible event.

This should be the first piece of advice people give to disciples.
yup, then for sure you know they will be totally disillusioned after 6 months.
Except that one special disciple with a huge credit limit and 20 hours per day available to play.
But let's be honest, that's not the average player.

Also don’t fall into the fallacy of thinking that just because you craft your own armatrix that they don’t cost you the markup. Because you can always turn around and sell them for retail price on auction. It’s an opportunity loss and it costs you just the same.

If you're paying markup for the materials to craft/tier, yes.

If you're collecting the materials on your own, the only losses you incur are system losses.

There are exceptions but it's generally better to collect and craft/tier for yourself.

If you're paying markup for the materials to craft/tier, yes.

If you're collecting the materials on your own, the only losses you incur are system losses.

There are exceptions but generally it's better to collect and craft for yourself.
Looting your own materials doesn’t protect you from opportunity cost.

You save the difference in auction fees and the flexibility to manage your stack size easier, but that’s it.

Looting your own materials doesn’t protect you from opportunity cost.

You save the difference in auction fees and the flexibility to manage your stack size easier, but that’s it.
Thats why I bought adj ml-35 to cut mu I had to pay on L guns. Halloween mayhem+Christmas mayhem cost me approx 5,5k ped in mu for guns and amps. that over is 1/3 of a price of ml-35 I bought.

We still get the 95% back long run!
A lot of people do not have a large gaming budget and can't survive heavy losses for many months or years until the big loot comes. This causes players to consider the game too expensive and quit before getting the loot that brings the tt return back to an acceptable level. High volatility is bad if you want to increase the player base.

Back