FYI: Tier rate, community experiment.

Maybe its simply bugged on the mining tools...

Can't make much sense of my results either...
Here is the TIRs and my level:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And heres that screenshot I promised of the double-tir to 0.4 I got on my 7th bomb:

Maybe its simply bugged on the mining tools...

Can't make much sense of my results either...
Here is the TIRs and my level:

And heres that screenshot I promised of the double-tir to 0.4 I got on my 7th bomb:

:scratch2: I guess this is just one of those things... I'll add the results later to the graph.. tbh, it won't effect the curve too much anyway due to the fact that we have more results from lower tiers already, it just makes me think the idea of even having an average to guess how long it's gonna take to tier an item is redundant if the variance is this high.

used an Apis today (and only talk about weapon):

T1 : 115 ; to reach 1.0 it decayed by 23.89 ped
T2 : 390 ; to reach 2.0 it decayed by 14.67 ped
T3 : 312 ; to reach 3.0 it decayed by 28.40 ped
T4 : 112 ; to reach 4.0 it decayed by 116... ped

For T1 i spend around 110-120 ped of ammo. From my society it seem pretty common that a weapon with a T1 of around 100 to spend 100 -120 ped of ammo to reach 0.9-1.0

if we consider each following tier as twice as difficult, we might get a trend.
For T2, would I wanted to spend 100-120 ped of ammo, it would have needed to have a T2 of 200. Since at this time, it is 390, it is half of that.
Following with T3, for 100-120 ped (tier@ ~100) of ammo it would have needed a T of 400. Since it is only 312, I spend a bit more than that (all this is based on decay).

Maybe there is a different rule for further tier (4-5-6 then 7-8-9 and finally 10?)

And I think that tools /armor/weapons work differently

2 nd theory:

instead of doubling the decay for each new tier,, just Xtiply the T by 100 :
you have a base of 100 -120 ped ammo spend for tier 1 with a TIR of 100
for T2,you have to get a TIR of 200 to get the normal rate
for T3 you have to get a TIR of 300 to get the normal rate
for T4 you have to get a TIR of 400 to get the normal rate
with that second theory, the numbers seem to corroborate it (like... 25 ped of decay for a TIR of 100 @ T1) the variation would be due to the randomness.

(close to 5 am... forgive my english)

Last edited:
used an Apis today (and only talk about weapon):

T1 : 115 ; to reach 1.0 it decayed by 23.89 ped
T2 : 390 ; to reach 2.0 it decayed by 14.67 ped
T3 : 312 ; to reach 3.0 it decayed by 28.40 ped
T4 : 112 ; to reach 4.0 it decayed by 116... ped

For T1 i spend around 110-120 ped of ammo. From my society it seem pretty common that a weapon with a T1 of around 100 to spend 100 -120 ped of ammo to reach 0.9-1.0

if we consider each following tier as twice as difficult, we might get a trend.
For T2, would I wanted to spend 100-120 ped of ammo, it would have needed to have a T2 of 200. Since at this time, it is 390, it is half of that.
Following with T3, for 100-120 ped (tier@ ~100) of ammo it would have needed a T of 400. Since it is only 312, I spend a bit more than that (all this is based on decay).

Maybe there is a different rule for further tier (4-5-6 then 7-8-9 and finally 10?)

And I think that tools /armor/weapons work differently

2 nd theory:

instead of doubling the decay for each new tier,, just Xtiply the T by 100 :
you have a base of 100 -120 ped ammo spend for tier 1 with a TIR of 100
for T2,you have to get a TIR of 200 to get the normal rate
for T3 you have to get a TIR of 300 to get the normal rate
for T4 you have to get a TIR of 400 to get the normal rate
with that second theory, the numbers seem to corroborate it (like... 25 ped of decay for a TIR of 100 @ T1) the variation would be due to the randomness.

(close to 5 am... forgive my english)

Ty for your numbers. It is definitely clear from my own experience that further tiers have a different set of rules.. e.g. tier 2 with tier rate 100 will tier slower than tier 1 with tier rate 100.

However, for now I think it is best we focus on figuring out tier 1, then we can move on to tier 2 etc, and perhaps see a trend by tier 3 (like a sequence where each tier slows down by 1/2 or 1/3 etc).

I will add your tier one numbers and upload graphs now.

I think it might be based on how much ped you use...(i think someone else just said that but whatever) and at the same time its very dynamic like everything else in this game.... so you have much better chances of it tiering fast with a high tier rate, but it doesn't mean you will cause you could get unlucky.... a mining finder uses alot of ped per use compared to a gun...(i don't know if it includes amps but if it did it could be doing like 3 ped per bomb,thats the same as 30k ammo when hunting..... see what i mean?) though twice in one use is pretty crazy

I think it might be based on how much ped you use...(i think someone else just said that but whatever) and at the same time its very dynamic like everything else in this game.... so you have much better chances of it tiering fast with a high tier rate, but it doesn't mean you will cause you could get unlucky.... a mining finder uses alot of ped per use compared to a gun...(i don't know if it includes amps but if it did it could be doing like 3 ped per bomb,thats the same as 30k ammo when hunting..... see what i mean?) though twice in one use is pretty crazy

The actual finder only decays a few pec, although I see where your coming from. I actually think it's nothing to do with PED cycled, but more to do with the ammount of times you can use an item per second.

This would mean mining finders (8 uses per minute) would tier up in far fewer uses than a gun (e.g. 39uses per min).

here is another set of value...
normal decay is 2.987 pec (my hunt of 600 pedgot me to 8.2, then to finish my apis, I used an eco enhancer)
with the enhancer it is 3.08 pec (based on 1480 shoot)

tir_over.jpg

Last edited:
Back