Tiers: FAQ (Questions and Answers)

Major update:

Q: Upgrading unlimited items: Do I need a second item to upgrade mine?
A: MAJOR update: It seems no. There is a possibility to upgrade even unique items. Links:
Frank|FPC: [...]

Check first post in topic for link.

Last edited:
...?

What is the actual permalink? That one has ... in it which makes it not work.

Interesting that the answer makes it seem it is already possible. But indeed the link is broken ;).

Check starting post, sry, will take it out in the reply.

Fast qustion: Why upgrade to a tier. When you can use it and get the tier with no risk of loosing anything ?. I have 2,4tier on my 41-militery. Why try to upgrade to tier 3. I will get it soon or later if I just use it?

Sorry if i did miss somthing. But I dont know any thing about this yet :D

Unlimited items need to be upgraded manually.
Limited items upgrade automatically.

Fast qustion: Why upgrade to a tier. When you can use it and get the tier with no risk of loosing anything ?. I have 2,4tier on my 41-militery. Why try to upgrade to tier 3. I will get it soon or later if I just use it?

U get tiers by just using it? Do you have a 41-military(L) ??? :scratch2:

Your EP-41 has reached tier 2.4 without manually upgrading it? That should be impossible, it should stick at tier 0.9. Unless this is the exploit that is hinted at in this thread....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/177033-skill-gain-bug.html

If so I wish I had found how to do it! :rolleyes:

Now that the tier system has been around a while, could someone please make a detailed guide on how it works. I rarely play and only use limited items but, i'm still curious how the whole thing works.

I have read quite a bit about tiers, I can think of two questions at the moment.

1. Is the speed of unlocking tiers influenced entirely by the TIR, or can you speed it up more by having a higher level in a certain profession?

2. From what I can tell, the damage enhancers have no effect on economy, however there are enhancers that increase critical hit rate and "economy". What kind of effect do these have on a gun's damage per pec? Also how much skill do you gain from the skill modification enhancers?

Reached tier 0.9 on a TT enmatter finder.
To upgrade it to tier 1, it will need 1 Ju10, 184 Animal muscle oils, 18 Simple I conductors, 1 Pile of garnets, 148 Blazar fragments, 73 Tier I components.
And there's only a 50% Success rate and 95% salvage rate.
Not sure if I want to upgrade it anymore :laugh:

You know, I did that upgrade, and what I got was;
Upgraded TT matterfinder
Salvaged TT matterfinder
and about 30.xx PED worth of metal residu

Unlimited items need to be upgraded manually.
Limited items upgrade automatically.

I think you should put this one in the main topic .. I know I'm a bit stupid tho :eyecrazy: but I've spent two hours in reading all the post without realizing that .. and I was wondering :confused: why my UL 0.9 FAP wasn't upgrading more after 2 weeks of extreme use! :laugh:

Thanks for the useful FAQ aw !!! :yay: :yay:

Elijah

OK, I watched the video of the ML-35 failing in the upgrade process. As a user of an UL rifle, I'm very hesitant to go through with any process that would even have a chance of consuming my weapon while doing so.

I've read this entire thread, and although there was some mention of the original item "never" being consumed or lost, the video showed otherwise. So, where would I get clarification on this question? Would taking my UL weapons up in tiers run the risk of failing/losing said weapons in the process?

Since the update of the tier system in the beggining of november you dont need a second item to tier your item, you only need the materials and your item cant be lost, but with higher skills you get more materials back, you also have the chance of getting up to 0.4 tier levels when upgrading
Auktuma upgraded my EK-2600 fap from tier 1.9 and with his high skills he got my fap to tier 2.3 so skills really matter alot there, i have done som upgrades myself and always end up at .0 or in best case 0.1 over.

I've read this entire thread, and although there was some mention of the original item "never" being consumed or lost, the video showed otherwise. So, where would I get clarification on this question? Would taking my UL weapons up in tiers run the risk of failing/losing said weapons in the process?

It's stated in the release notes for 11.4.0 that an upgrade always succeeds (if you have the ingredients needed) now.

Hi!

how long does it take to tier UL weapon?

I had bought UL cb19 with tier 3.4, tier rate 62.

atm spend ~1500ped in repeairs which is ~50k shots.
tier is still 3.4 (

looks like it takes ages to reach 4.0 ))

The higher the tier is, the slower the tiering process is. But 50k shots sounds really low to me.

Questions about tiering with new system

Thinking about tiering some T0.9 items taking dust in storage.

But I have some questions:
1) Most of them are low conditions, is it recommended/mandatory to repair them to full condition before tiering?
2) Does the "11.70% percentage" mean that all (or apart of?) material can be saved, thus tiering for free?
3) Also is it worth doing it myself (Tier Upgrader = level 5.64) or better ask a professional?

Thinking about tiering some T0.9 items taking dust in storage.

But I have some questions:
1) Most of them are low conditions, is it recommended/mandatory to repair them to full condition before tiering?
Yes. The reason for this is that repairing has 0% MU, while residue has got MU. The residue's tt-value is either put into the tiered up item (if it's not full tt) or into your inventory.

2) Does the "11.70% percentage" mean that all (or apart of?) material can be saved, thus tiering for free?
Part of, and no.
3) Also is it worth doing it myself (Tier Upgrader = level 5.64) or better ask a professional?
Depends on cost involved, but I'd myself let someone more skilled do it due to the increased chance of both getting back more materials/residue and getting the tiered item closer to x.3 instead of x.0.

Yes. The reason for this is that repairing has 0% MU, while residue has got MU. The residue's tt-value is either put into the tiered up item (if it's not full tt) or into your inventory.

Part of, and no.

Depends on cost involved, but I'd myself let someone more skilled do it due to the increased chance of both getting back more materials/residue and getting the tiered item closer to x.3 instead of x.0.

Thanks for the answers. ;)

Now waiting for 18:00 to go to Aloode.

There has been lots of change since that thread was made.Maybe time for some big update or something...

Thanks to all contributors, it's hard as hell to find even basic info on this ..MA have nothing ingame worth a damn.
Necro it may be, but so am I :)

Back