FYI: To those that think PvPers have it good

Windzor

Provider
Calyphox Frost Durrango
Well, I had been reading the forums about the debates on who has it better, the PvPer or the miner. I had some extra peds to spend so i decided to see what it was all about. I am not a PvPer yet since I dont have the equipment for it so I decided to mine there. I was there for about 4 hours. Most of that time I never saw a single gd at all. I was all alone.

Twice though I did encounter a gd. Both times the gd on the radar immediately attacked me. I had made sure that wherever i mined I was always close to trees/large plants or big rocks. The first gd hit me for 80 hps on the first shot. I ran for cover instantly and TPed away. The second time I got hit for 40 hps and again ran for cover and TPed away.

If you plan on mining there, play it smart and always stay close to cover and odds are very much in your favor to get way. This was my first time there and had no trouble getting away. I kinda felt bad ( in a sorta sadistic way ) for the PvPers since it was very easy to get away.

So for those that think that the PvPers have it easy, think again. The only time they have it easy is if someone plays it stupid. In which case they deserve to lose.

My 2 pecs,

Windzor

Haha, I see you have not been introduced to the marber tango yet my friend.

Most times you will get hit with one of those and never even SEE a GD.

Play with fire plan to be burned. I advise if you do mine out there do not keep anything more then 20 or so ped in resourses or you WILL wake up broke sore and sticky one day.

Yes I know. I only went there because I had some extra ped to spend ( meaning I didnt mind if I lost them ). I know full well that if i continue to mine there I will definately end up PKed. I just wanted to share how I was able to avoid the 2 attempts on my avatar life. Trees, large plants and big rocks are most definately your friend. The odds of surviving are still in the miner's favor if they play it smart.

Windzor

Trust me. you have NOT met the big boyz yet. the ones that shot you for what 49 you said were using pea shooters. I am dead serious you will NOT even see a green dot when you get pk'd by a real pk'er.

Haha, I see you have not been introduced to the marber tango yet my friend.

Most times you will get hit with one of those and never even SEE a GD.

Play with fire plan to be burned. I advise if you do mine out there do not keep anything more then 20 or so ped in resourses or you WILL wake up broke sore and sticky one day.

Ya because there are so many pkers actively prowling the zone with tango's LOL.. Out of all that even own tangos hardly any ever pk in pvp4. Even with tango i often miss or can't get a off a good shot, and even if you get a hit it is no guarantee you will knock the person down. If you miss or don't kill in first shot than you are super screwed especially with tping as it is now.

Pvp & mining that combo can be fun. You just have to rember not to get upset when some one shoots you, most times I go out there I don't see any gd's at all and if you do a little shoot out :handgun: can be rather fun.

:cowboy:

LOL yea I know that. I was lucky. But how often do those "big boys/girls" hunt there? The area on Calypso is huge. True that since I stayed there for about 4 hours, I was VERY lucky not to meet up with a big nasty Player. But for those that go in, drop a few bombs and leave, they have a good chance of surviving......sure I am talking out of my ass, since I have only been there once.

Windzor

You didn't miss me the last encounter I had out there with you Zippo :laugh: :) .

OK, I went there with this in mind.....

1) I am spending peds I can afford to lose
2) Any gd I see will try to kill me, so TRY TO GET AWAY
3) If I encounter and uber player, kiss my ass goodbye as well as all my loot
4) If you get away with loot in your inventory, YOU WIN!!!

3 out of 4 is great :yay:

EDIT: well of course if you dont count #3)

You didn't miss me the last encounter I had out there with you Zippo :laugh: :) .

Hehe sorry Jesse! :p Appreciate the good attitude you have about it though ;P Sometimes of course the pker gets his target but it is not easy by any means.

I recommend more people go in there and give it a go to see how easy it really is to get away these days.. Lots of good minerals in there including some uniques. Just be watchful and alert, it will be very hard for a pk to get you.

Hehe sorry Jesse! :p Appreciate the good attitude you have about it though ;P Sometimes of course the pker gets his target but it is not easy by any means.

I recommend more people go in there and give it a go to see how easy it really is to get away these days.. Lots of good minerals in there including some uniques. Just be watchful and alert, it will be very hard for a pk to get you.

About the good attitude you speak of. It is good to see people have one when they get PKed and have thier loot taken, since no one is putting a gun to thier heads forcing them to go to an area where they can have it happen.
I went there expecting it to happen, and well.......it didnt LOL. I am happy I got away but would not hold a grudge against the person that took my loot.

That's only at the rig..

PvP1,3, and 4 are still working though.

Yeah, if they did the radar like PVP2 (oilrig) in the lootable areas, miners would be screwed. (ofc it would do interesting things to medical compress/ himi MU lol)

Trust me. you have NOT met the big boyz yet. the ones that shot you for what 49 you said were using pea shooters. I am dead serious you will NOT even see a green dot when you get pk'd by a real pk'er.

If you don't see the GD of the PKer, then the PKer didn't see your GD either and won't know where to aim :rolleyes:

If you don't see the GD of the PKer, then the PKer didn't see your GD either and won't know where to aim :rolleyes:

Well, I am thinking with very long range guns and a nice scope, they can scan an area outside of radar range?

Well, I am thinking with very long range guns and a nice scope, they can scan an area outside of radar range?

Nope. You can't scope onto an ava that is not yet on you radar.

Same goes for a TP too. If it's not on your radar, scoping won't find it. You may see the service center miles away, but the TP (nor GDs) isn't registered yet.

However, it may be possible for a GD to see you on radar, scope, fire a single kill shot and run away before you notice them. The problem in this case lies in your not paying attention to your radar.

thanks for the info, I learn something new every day :yay:

In other words: please, please oh please come to pvp 4 :D

Jokes aside...I was never able to act nice when killed, isn't it a lil bit the dead dude's final possible act to lie there and swear loudly?
(or go oOOooOOOo as it were)

Back