"Tracked Missions" Tab stuck?

binfordw

Prowler
A few months ago, I noticed my tracked missions tab stayed on my screen even when all missions were closed out. I have found no way of getting rid of this tab, its always on the screen. My wife does not have this problem, leading me to believe its a function I'm overlooking, or a bug. Admittedly, I have not spent tons of time trying to figure it out, but it is annoying at times.

Anyone had this happen, or know how to fix it?

My better half has this problem, I myself do not.

We've both looked at it but haven't figured out a way to get rid of it.

Wife swap is out of question.

My better half has this problem, I myself do not.

We've both looked at it but haven't figured out a way to get rid of it.

Wife swap is out of question.
Suppose it depends if you have the mojo (possible inside joke)

Have the same, also notices there is a invisible block underneath it which blocks anything below it, which is quite annoying

I used to have this problem, caused by one of the Mayhem missions.

If you look in your missions list I think you'll find you have one or more of the obsolete Mayhem missions still in the list. If you abandon those, hopefully you'll be all good.

If you look in your missions list I think you'll find you have one or more of the obsolete Mayhem missions still in the list. If you abandon those, hopefully you'll be all good.

Ahh, interesting, I'll be trying that as soon as I get home, thanks

Which are the obsolete Mayhem missions? I only have the daily ones but they don't reset every year right? So would just be bad to abandon?

Which are the obsolete Mayhem missions? I only have the daily ones but they don't reset every year right? So would just be bad to abandon?

I don't know any more detail than what I posted above, but yeah the daily ones should be OK. If you've had one for a long time then perhaps completing and restarting it would have the same effect. All I'm certain about is that it was Mayhem missions that caused the problem, and I no longer have the problem, despite having all the current Mayhem missions open.

Well, I deleted all the mayhem crap, it’s still there currently.

I do have a codex “star” showing, think I left Toulan without getting a reward/s. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Might have to swing back over there and clear it soon.

I am so happy, I though I was the only one that had this issue, no one else I talked to did. I even reinstalled the OS on the PC and reinstalled EU but it did not solve the problem. When I get home I will try what Oleg suggested to see if that works. I will report back what I find. I noticed that if you click the cursor to make it sideways instead of down the invisible block disappears but the tracked missions tab does not, so you can at least move it out of view, until ofc you jump in the pit or open a daily mission

Hmm, perhaps there are some other bugged missions then. Not sure what else to suggest.

Actually I was just thinking the same Oleg. As a lot of the missions are now superseded by the Codex, there are not that many remaining now that the Codex is in operation. I will have a good look at all the ones I have in my list this evening. I know there are a few that I have never finished. Time for a clean up. !!

I have the same problem, but I think it's due to the "invisible missions" from the other planets that are in the list of this tracker, but because they are not available to another planet they are not visible.

I play from a laptop and there are definitely a lot more bugs than a normal desktop computer. Тhe advantage is that I can be more mobile at home, so I'm still resigned to the MA's inability to fix simple elementary bugs for years.

My family is still not helping me in the game, but they are determined to take the initiative. For now, they are only deterred by my determination to play fair, but if in the next version MA does not solve the problem with one account through which many people force the family to play EU inactively, I think I will break down.

Anyway... Can anyone in Sweden confirm that MA is a private organization and not a primary school for primary programming that uses the EU for educational purposes?

All these basic problems could be solved by a junior programmer in a day. And the lack of solving these basic problems for months/years prompts me that this game is used for educational purposes. So if anyone from Sweden is familiar, please share.

I only have the daily Mayhem missions, not a lot of other missions other than the mining ones. I also have not been to a different planet for a very long time before this issue occured to me.
Can't really remember when this started but it's honestly not that long ago, maybe a couple of months or so.
Also thanks for letting me know the Hide/Show missions removes the invisible box, will check this out which will help with the most annoying part of it all..

These problems are prevalent and caused by issues in the UI systems for Entropia Universe which (as far as I can tell) are planned to be thankfully revamped in the near future.

These problems are prevalent and caused by issues in the UI systems for Entropia Universe which (as far as I can tell) are planned to be thankfully revamped in the near future.

This is good to hear. A revamp will surely cause more issues and bugs, which hopefully will be bad enough that MA fixes it.

As for now, I still have that annoying tab on my screen!

Well this weekend, I went through all my missions and deleted as many as I felt comfortable doing but to no avail. Nothing seemed to get rid of the tracked missions tab. Lets hope this gets fixed in the future

Well this weekend, I went through all my missions and deleted as many as I felt comfortable doing but to no avail. Nothing seemed to get rid of the tracked missions tab. Lets hope this gets fixed in the future

Well, the problem came with Meta, so my guess was related to that. A poorly thought-out overload method that uses the class for this menu. I'm willing to pay for fuel if you feel misled.. and thanks for sharing that.

Is it possible that you had tracked one of the old iron challenge missions that got removed a few months ago?

Since they were removed you can no longer "un-track" it, but there's also nothing to display on the mission tracking panel.

Just a guess, I think only support will be able to help you at this point :confused: ... Sorry.

Thanks for the responses. I will raise a support ticket

So, I raised a support ticket yesterday, no response so far but I will keep this thread up to date with any response I receive.

Support Ticket

"2021-03-08 17:49 You wrote:

The tracked missions tab is always open on my screen even when I am not tracking any missions. I have been through my mission list and deleted as many as I feel comfortable doing but the problem still persists. I believe this has been going on for a couple of months"

I also attached a screen shot of the offending tab

Ok, so I received a response from support about this

2021-03-09 22:27 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi moondog,

Thank you for your report,

We will forward all the information to the responsible planet partner, since they might not be able to answer you directly in this case or provide you with more satisfying information about this we would recommend you stay tuned to our news section and feed and keep an eye out for any information about it in future releases.

Please rest assured that they will receive your report and any additional information we might receive in similar reports or issues

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

This would intimate that the issue is with a PP mission that is open on another planet. I was thinking about visiting each planet and deleting all missions that are open, even if they are ones I wish to keep. Old iron style missions I do not mind deleting but if it is a mission like the horns of zadul or any other similar long mission with a nice reward at the end, I would not be happy about deleting these.

Ok, so I received a response from support about this

2021-03-09 22:27 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi moondog,

Thank you for your report,

We will forward all the information to the responsible planet partner, since they might not be able to answer you directly in this case or provide you with more satisfying information about this we would recommend you stay tuned to our news section and feed and keep an eye out for any information about it in future releases.

Please rest assured that they will receive your report and any additional information we might receive in similar reports or issues

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

This would intimate that the issue is with a PP mission that is open on another planet. I was thinking about visiting each planet and deleting all missions that are open, even if they are ones I wish to keep. Old iron style missions I do not mind deleting but if it is a mission like the horns of zadul or any other similar long mission with a nice reward at the end, I would not be happy about deleting these.

Untrack!
The problem looks is in the tracker not in the missions.
Do not abandoned any of these missions, except if you are not sure thats the only one way to fix it.
My work over the last month has been busy and I don't have time to play to check it out personal. But the topic is interesting to me because, as I said, I have the same problem.

Ok looks like I have misunderstood this then. Thinking back, I do recall going to another planet (I think it was Arkadia) and having 2 missions under the mission log coming up as ??? and not the mission name. So maybe flying to Arkadia and maybe other planets I have visited in the last few months to make sure all missions are untracked.

Ok looks like I have misunderstood this then. Thinking back, I do recall going to another planet (I think it was Arkadia) and having 2 missions under the mission log coming up as ??? and not the mission name. So maybe flying to Arkadia and maybe other planets I have visited in the last few months to make sure all missions are untracked.

This is my guess about the problem, I'm not sure if there will be a result. But since there are people who don't have such a problem, logic makes me think that's the problem... it came with Meta that can also be tracked.

I thought of going around the planets, but I was expecting the new UI much sooner, and that's why I didn't. And lately I don't have time to play, I'm just adjusting my watch through the forum.

I wouldn't want to let you down to lose 3 hours orbiting the planets, I'm just expressing my logic on the problem. But for sure do not abandon any of these missions, except if they are at begin stage..

ppr..
If you still do something, don't forget that there is AG in NI... Underground in Ark... etc.

Over the last few days I have been dealing with this issue. I finally figured out how to get it to go away if anyone is curious. Follow these steps:

1.) Go through your Mission Log and Codex (both challenges and meta) and make sure no missions are marked as tracked. (You should see only the Tracked Missions bar that's "stuck" on your screen.)
2.) Close both the Mission Log and Codex windows if either are open.
3.) Open the Codex window again.
4.) Click Meta (click nothing else).
5.) Click Challenges (again, click nothing else).
6.) You should now see no creatures displayed on the right hand side of the window. Just your creature list on the left hand side.
7.) At the top right, you should see a "Track" button. Click it.
8.) Tada, the Tracked Missions bar goes away and is no longer stuck on your screen.

This is what worked for me.

Over the last few days I have been dealing with this issue. I finally figured out how to get it to go away if anyone is curious. Follow these steps:

1.) Go through your Mission Log and Codex (both challenges and meta) and make sure no missions are marked as tracked. (You should see only the Tracked Missions bar that's "stuck" on your screen.)
6.) You should now see no creatures displayed on the right hand side of the window. Just your creature list on the left hand side.
8.) Tada, the Tracked Missions bar goes away and is no longer stuck on your screen.

Yep - this also worked for me

This!!! Thank you very much good sir!
At first it didn't show the track button but just had to close and reopen the codex thingy and it's finally gone!

Holy necro Batman!

The stuck tracker was still there after 1.5 years. However...

...if, upon arriving on a planet, you open the codex and click 'Untrack' before any mob is selected, it goes away.

Back