Tracker: No Screenshots Anymore?

Major Force

Mature
Society
Synergen
Major Gravity Force
Tracker is no longer saving Screenshots to the specified folder. :confused:

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, I have asked another EU'er if they had the same problem :(, they have Windows 7 and also do have the same issue.

:scratch2:

I have tried the following scenario's... :wise:

Pressing "Print Screen" button on Keyboard:
> Works (Saves screenshots to selected location with "Create new folder for images each day" selected) :yay:
> Works (Saves screenshots to selected location without "Create new folder for images each day" selected) :yay:

Tested for Globals in Window Mode and Full Screen, but same problem. :scratch2:

:wise:
The odd thing is, Tracker DOES upload the Hall of Fame Screenshots to my EL profile but not save anything to my computer anymore.

I have 3 globals screenshots captured by tracker today. Am using windows 7 64 bit, client 64 bit with appropriate compatibilty settings (desktop composition) on the clientloader and client exes.

I have 3 globals screenshots captured by tracker today. Am using windows 7 64 bit, client 64 bit with appropriate compatibilty settings (desktop composition) on the clientloader and client exes.

Desktop Composition is not available in Windows 8/8.1 and I really don't think this is the problem I am having, as the "Print Screen" screenshots and HOF uploads are not blank in either windowed mode nor full screen mode.

I already have the compatibility mode on both Entropia.exe for x86 and x64 set to Windows 7.

All screenshots are working right (no blank screenshots), but nothing is saving to the selected "Screenshot Folder" on my system.

Tracker is no longer saving Screenshots to the specified folder.
[...]
The odd thing is, Tracker DOES upload the Hall of Fame Screenshots to my EL profile but not save anything to my computer anymore.
Isn't there a debuglog.txt or something produced by the tracker software? Can it be enabled by a /debug command line switch? If not, that sucks and should be fixed.

While I haven't myself used the software, as a software developer I couldn't imagine someone doing two compressions on one image, saving one to disk and sending a different one to the site, I'd have to suspect the error is in filesystem permissions - this is where proper logging would have come in handy.

You could, only for testing, grab a copy of Process Explorer (former sysinternals/winternals, now hosted by Microsoft themselves) and log file(-system attempt) access. You'd have to apply some filtering (like not logging any access to the %WINDIR% or the Entropia directory). Chances are you'd see a failure when the tracker software tries to create the image file in the designated directory, and a reason.

At least it could give you an idea of what may be wrong; missing directory, missing permissions, ...

++luck;

Might be worth trying to re-specify the folder location. Also recheck that the "take screenshots of my globals" box is ticked.

The bolded part is the bit people keep missing. You have to change the client loader settings as well as the entropia.exe ones.

I think your problem may be something different though, usually the problem people have before changing the settings is black screenshots.

(Resolved) Tracker: No Screenshots Anymore?

Isn't there a debuglog.txt or something produced by the tracker software? Can it be enabled by a /debug command line switch? If not, that sucks and should be fixed.

While I haven't myself used the software, as a software developer I couldn't imagine someone doing two compressions on one image, saving one to disk and sending a different one to the site, I'd have to suspect the error is in filesystem permissions - this is where proper logging would have come in handy.

You could, only for testing, grab a copy of Process Explorer (former sysinternals/winternals, now hosted by Microsoft themselves) and log file(-system attempt) access. You'd have to apply some filtering (like not logging any access to the %WINDIR% or the Entropia directory). Chances are you'd see a failure when the tracker software tries to create the image file in the designated directory, and a reason.

At least it could give you an idea of what may be wrong; missing directory, missing permissions, ...

++luck;

Unfortunately it's made as a deployment manifest(appref-ms) app which checks for updates before loading the application, so there is no error log files.

The bolded part is the bit people keep missing. You have to change the client loader settings as well as the entropia.exe ones.

I think your problem may be something different though, usually the problem people have before changing the settings is black screenshots.

Yeah it is different, since Windows 8 and 8.1 do not have the Desktop Composition checkbox option.

Also recheck that the "take screenshots of my globals" box is ticked.

LoL, Thanks Kijkki

Resolved... I feel sooo dumb now :duh: oh well I guess it was my sleepy side of the night. :laugh:

so the problem was just that is was unchecked? I swear I have always checked that, but the tracker never takes screenies of my globals. I will have to check it again..

Back