Trade bud/exploit

MG Mighty

Stalker
Society
Miners' Guild
I have warned all of my friends online and wish to do so with those which I didn't contacted and for other people in general.

Currently there is an exploit that allows certain immoral people to perform a trade where you won't get what was offered in the trade window and in the trade window pop-up
On such trade you might end up with just a small fraction of what was offered to you as payment.

I have sent a support case with a description on how this could be done

and

I have requested that the servers are shut down immediatly until this problem is fixed so that innocent players aren't scammed out of their wealth and goods ingame.

I wish and hope that this situation is fixed as soon as possible.

[For obvious reasons I won't be giving more details on the procedures required for this to happen]
Besides that it can happen:
Anywhere
Anytime
to anyone who do a trade and the other person decides to use this bug which is fairly easy to implement and can only be seen for its results after the trade is completed.

Last edited:
Thanks again for exposing this trade exploit. I was scammed by using this bug last night. Sold my Ghost and only got 1 PED instead of 360 PED.

I have requested that the servers are shut down immediatly until this problem is fixed so that innocent players are scammed out of their wealth and goods ingame.

think you mean AREN'T :)

Thanks MG Mighty again for exposing this trade exploit.
I was scammed by using this bug last night. Sold my Beast Amp and only got 1 PED instead of 216 PED

I hope MA fixes this asap for no one else gets scammed by this shity exploit.

Interesting exploir, i shall be careful until this is fixed!

Well, the servers are going down in 10 mins... so maybe?

And maybe we get our missing ores back, maybe return will be better...maybe...

Nice scam bug. I think it will be fixed now, servers are down.

think you mean AREN'T :)

Yes, I meant "aren't scammed"
Sorry I've to hurry since I have some class to attend

fortunatly because I read the forums I was able to find out about this without being scammed.

I know for a fact that MA rewards very well this kind of bug reports.

Last time I and some friends reported one bug to which MA prize was
you choose a item with TT value below 1000 PEDs and we'll give it to you (I was only on the helping my friends filling the support message box so that they read it as soon as possible]
Next day servers went down to fix the bug (which could potentially make MA loose thousands of PEDs per day).

So yes I'm hoping that this situation gets solved very fast and hopefully that I get a Mod FAP has reward (I can provide Mindark prove that I'm attending the 5th year of Medicine at University so that is what I think would be the best reward they could give me, and I don't care that they make it avatar bound, since I would never for obvious reasons trade it, besides the personnal reasons that would attach my feeling to such item and my future personnal life.)

I surely hope everyone will get their items/peds back, since this is MA's fault, not the users' fault

Looks like the servers are shut down...hope it will be fixed soon and the server will be on.

hmmmm bud exploit you say .... :kos:

:D

lets hope MA is maybe fixing this bug

What's sad

What's really sad about this is I know of 2 people this happened to just yesterday afternoon (one of which has declared that he'll be leaving the game). I sure hope MA gets this fixed so there arn't anymore unfortunate losses.

@ eula. THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS". THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IS NOT WARRANTED BY MINDARK TO BE ERROR OR BUG FREE.

Anyway i hope this bug is gonna fixed and ma return ppl stuff & money back.

This should be considered every time you notice a very serious bug:

1. Call Mindark directly. http://mindark.com/kontakt_e.html
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 260 Fax:
+46 (0)31 136 016
2. Consider talking to an ingame guide if you don't like to pay for a long-distance call. These guides can usually be found in the Port Atlantis newbie landing area (around the clock), and are in direct connection to the entropia support department. You can tell them your Support case ID and they can get off their chair and go tell someone in the Support that they should put it ontop of the list. Note that if you want a private chat with a guide, then they have to initiate it. You can invite them to a team chat, though.

:wise:

@ eula. THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS". THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IS NOT WARRANTED BY MINDARK TO BE ERROR OR BUG FREE.

It also says you own nothing, and Mindark can do whatever they want to (including lock one or all accounts for no reason at all). So I wouldn't worry that they "can't" do anyting. It's more of a "rather wouldn't" that I'm afraid of. ;)

just thinking

Well if u arent one of the scammed ppl and report it and do get a mod fap arent u exploiting thoose who got!?

I'm sure any online bank also covers themselves in their "EULA" like this, but if u receive a bank transfer of 1000$ and your balance is only increased by 1$ because of an error in the bank's software, i am sure they will add the 999$, unless its a scamming bank.

A friend of mine, and I were doing a test on this just yesterday, as he lost 400ped on some transaction. One thing I did notice, and only noticed this once, was that the ped amount the other person offered, showed as 1 ped, instead of the ped it should have been. Saw this on the screen for about a minute, then it flashed over to the correct amount. So not sure if that was the bug or what, he stated he put the correct amount in the trade window, but the trade window only showed 1 ped. Not sure if both sides would have been affected by this or not, if we both would have accepted that amount. I know it wasnt him trying to cheat me, as I trust him, and have had many business deals with him.

Hello,

I am not familiar with the details of the trade bug, however, if the bug can not reasonably be triggered by accident then all trades that have exploited the bug should result in a permanent ban of the offending ava.

I am not usually one to propose drastic or extreme reactions but I believe that MA needs to be seen to be doing "the right thing" so that the player base can feel assured that some form of justice does exist in EU.

It should be possible for MA to review the trade logs to facilitate an investigation (even if only of those ava that complain).

Grounder

A friend of mine, and I were doing a test on this just yesterday, as he lost 400ped on some transaction. One thing I did notice, and only noticed this once, was that the ped amount the other person offered, showed as 1 ped, instead of the ped it should have been. Saw this on the screen for about a minute, then it flashed over to the correct amount. So not sure if that was the bug or what, he stated he put the correct amount in the trade window, but the trade window only showed 1 ped. Not sure if both sides would have been affected by this or not, if we both would have accepted that amount. I know it wasnt him trying to cheat me, as I trust him, and have had many business deals with him.

This is possible, too. These people could be making trades and not know that anything is wrong. Did he lose the peds as well?

Well if u arent one of the scammed ppl and report it and do get a mod fap arent u exploiting thoose who got!?

#1, he never said he even got a reward.
#2, he never said any of them got a reward
#3, If he did get a reward (never said either way), he never said his friends never got one.

Your post Is labled "just thinking", but not enough obviously. Also, why are you being so hostile towards him? Thanks to him, people have been saved. God knows some uber could have been given 1 ped for a Mod FAP! He reports this and warns the community & your picking holes In his post? :rolleyes:

Anyway. BIG +rep for reporting this to MA, and to us. Thankfully the servers are down (Never said that before lol), hopefully It will be fixed, and the offenders punished.

Hello,

I am not familiar with the details of the trade bug, however, if the bug can not reasonably be triggered by accident then all trades that have exploited the bug should result in a permanent ban of the offending ava.

I am not usually one to propose drastic or extreme reactions but I believe that MA needs to be seen to be doing "the right thing" so that the player base can feel assured that some form of justice does exist in EU.

It should be possible for MA to review the trade logs to facilitate an investigation (even if only of those ava that complain).

Grounder

Hear! Hear!

I heard this mentioned in Twin this morning re a set of Ghost. If as you say, it is a deliberate act and must be done deliberately, then it is so blindingly obvious why it was done that there is no excuse not to ban the offender(s).

It is possible for MA to check the trade logs - and they do - and I feel that it's important that justice must be seen to be done.

EU is back online ;)

correction : a mini update is available, server 100 ù but you cannot log in :(

#1, he never said he even got a reward.
#2, he never said any of them got a reward
#3, If he did get a reward (never said either way), he never said his friends never got one.

Your post Is labled "just thinking", but not enough obviously. Also, why are you being so hostile towards him? Thanks to him, people have been saved. God knows some uber could have been given 1 ped for a Mod FAP! He reports this and warns the community & your picking holes In his post? :rolleyes:

Anyway. BIG +rep for reporting this to MA, and to us. Thankfully the servers are down (Never said that before lol), hopefully It will be fixed, and the offenders punished.

Thank you for this answer.

Yes, I don't even know what actually the person who got the reward wished for, he was friend of my friend, you see,it came to my knowledge through him and they only reported because they are nice people otherwise they could exploit it for say a month and bought several Mod FAPs out of it at that time. And MA took 1 day to understand what it was all about, first answers probably were only from a support employe and not from actual develop team

About my request of reward

Well it doesn't hurt that I wish for the best virtual item in what will be my future real life line of work. I believe that I had to ask, I wouldn't feel right with myself if I didn't ask for it.

Anyway in terms of loss it wouldn't be much, would it;
I wouldn't sell it and I probably won't have time to use it all that often after next summer and for the rest of my life (6th year is very demanding and at the end of it there is an exam that determines what kind of practice the medical students are allowed to follow, there is limited supply of post graduate (medical specialities) so some kind of selection had to be implemented and if I wish to follow some in particular I must have a grade higher than the other medical licensed or go abroad and pay premium for such degree)

Thank you for this answer.

Yes, I don't even know what actually the person who got the reward wished for, he was friend of my friend, you see,it came to my knowledge through him and they only reported because they are nice people otherwise they could exploit it for say a month and bought several Mod FAPs out of it at that time. And MA took 1 day to understand what it was all about, first answers probably were only from a support employe and not from actual develop team

About my request of reward

Well it doesn't hurt that I wish for the best virtual item in what will be my future real life line of work. I believe that I had to ask, I wouldn't feel right with myself if I didn't ask for it.

Anyway in terms of loss it wouldn't be much, would it;
I wouldn't sell it and I probably won't have time to use it all that often after next summer and for the rest of my life (6th year is very demanding and at the end of it there is an exam that determines what kind of practice the medical students are allowed to follow, there is limited supply of post graduate (medical specialities) so some kind of selection had to be implemented and if I wish to follow some in particular I must have a grade higher than the other medical licensed or go abroad and pay premium for such degree)

Well very good of you that you reported it, but it was already 'common' knowledge because of the other thread. I don't think MA should give away uber items. It still is worth 300k, so that would be giving away 30k dollar..
Maybe a nice rocketlauncher :D

Woot i'm fucking glad that my internet connection was down tonight, could have happend to me as to any entropian :eek:

Trade bug contemplation

I have not experianced this bug as such in the trade window because I haven't traded since VU, but I do believe these incidences are linked with other issues to do with invent. As such I believe the problem is not with trade window but an invent bug.

My theory is that the invent bug is only allowing certain things to leave invent, while showing at first that they actually have. My problem was with my harness I would put my armor on and when I got where I was going (pvp) I got killed instantly (one shot wearing phantom I don't think so) that's right when I revived I wasn't wearing my harness, this kept happening. A couple of times I had to relog to see harness in invent at all. Other avi's have had similar problems with invent and trade is maybe another thing affected by the invent bug only allowing you to access certain things.

I believe the same is happening with the one ped problem with trade window, the invent looks like it has the right amount of ped in it but when the window is closed the invent will only allow one ped because a trade happened in the first place but the rest is returned to invent.

You will probably find that the first few times this happened the paying avatar's didn't know until they relogged or logged back in the next time.
Once this bug was discovered of course, there were people who were willing to exploit it to their advantage until MA fixes the problem.

MA if you can't find the problem being in the trade window please look at the invent for the problem, I believe you will most likely find it there.

Warm regards
Rayne
Senior Hunter (The Drow)

Well very good of you that you reported it, but it was already 'common' knowledge because of the other thread. I don't think MA should give away uber items. It still is worth 300k, so that would be giving away 30k dollar..
Maybe a nice rocketlauncher :D

Yes,
it was starting to be common knowledge that the bug existed,
But,
I don't think that it was common knowledge how the exploit was implemented

Well when I ask for a gift I will always aim at the best :ahh:
And they have given away things worth more than 300K in market value (I value the Terminator at higher)
But I only asked for that (otherwise I wouldn't) because of the previous example that I had knowledge of it, a player reported a very harmful and important bug and has reward was offered to choose from any item with TT less than 1000 PEDs or so was I told (I didn't read the support case answer myself); and in that situation I would request a Mod FAP and most of you would also do that or request an Imp Mk2, which by coincedence has a total maximum TT value of 1000 PEDs, the ancient version would be even better, at that time they weren't yet "ancient")

Anyway the exploit seems to be corrected after this latest update
At least the procedure that I reported now gives the following message:

The negotiation was terminated due to an internal error

Last edited:
Back