Trapping - Word from MA

Status
skill'em while you got them lol ...well its back to dacabas for all of yous. So does this mean the looting will get better on the mobs since they will be harder to get. OH not to mention will there be invicable glitches with the mob...Ya this ought to be interesting. Can see groups of forty peeps in dome four against 1 mob lol. And out of cuiousity. Why have boxes sitting there knowing the mob will get stuck in them.

This is just my opinion. but as a hunter in real life. ya i am a girl who hunts. My father trapped animals all the time. And the biggest thing about using traps it to use you enviroment. Most peeps wouldnt understand that. So Maybe someone should look at that also. I have seen some pretty good way peeps have trapped a mob. What are we really worried about. That someone might actually make a kill on a mob a little bigger then them? And you just mad cause you didnt think of it?

I know this probly isnt a popular opinion. But the unexpected is what makes this game fun for me. And when it starts getting to predictable? That when ill move on. I personally dont trap. But if some little new guy who cant deposit finds a way to make ped letting mobs chase him to atrape and gets a couple sweat out of it.. then i say go job for thinking of how to survive in the game. It would be one thing to change game code... but really dont see the big deal about what someone else does with the mob they have.

Not trying to upset or offend just throwing my thoughts in there with the rest:D

Last edited:
mjukis said:
I understood it as they actually can break free.

Yes, it could be good if they f.ex could break a fence, etc or start to move around corner after some seconds.

/Kjetil :cool:

I am looking forward to this update :)

Anyhow, just think of the trapping frenzy after the update! Everyone wants to see what is happening :laugh:

Everman said:
I am looking forward to this update :)

Anyhow, just think of the trapping frenzy after the update! Everyone wants to see what is happening :laugh:
I forsee a huge bug where nothing can move and every mob is stuck ;)

Faustian said:
I forsee a huge bug where nothing can move and every mob is stuck ;)

or all the mobs suddenly become "immune to damage"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet something wont work anyway ;)

this will be funny mob running through the streets cause the turrents wont kill them lol

Ok so this means that MA is ok for trapping to gather sweat but not for killing. Thats good cause i was realy wondering what to tell newbs. Cause sweating without trapping is just insane and would only cause the price of sweat to rise. I would like to see it more that like the "sweat farm" south of nyph where you got a sort of cage to put them in even instead of ppl trying to trap in a tp or something stupid like that.

I realy hope they made mobs smarter in a more logical way. I'm still waiting to see a army style line of troops of robots attack a city or mutants to for that matter.

RexDameon said:
Ok so this means that MA is ok for trapping to gather sweat but not for killing. Thats good cause i was realy wondering what to tell newbs. Cause sweating without trapping is just insane and would only cause the price of sweat to rise. I would like to see it more that like the "sweat farm" south of nyph where you got a sort of cage to put them in even instead of ppl trying to trap in a tp or something stupid like that.

I realy hope they made mobs smarter in a more logical way. I'm still waiting to see a army style line of troops of robots attack a city or mutants to for that matter.
Where did they say that? :confused:

I think what rex mean to say is that just because they cant take dmg doesnt mean they cant be sweated

the way I read it they will try to make the AI good enough so that they'll break free if they are trapped. But if it takes too long they'll become immune to damage until they're free.
So in no way do I see it as they want to keep trapping of any kind, even for sweating.
Could be wrong though, maybe Marco can give some clarification?

Guess we'll find out :D

I am wondering if you might be able to trap the animal long enough to sweat it b4 its AI kicks into gear....
They might make it so that the trap works for, say, 5 or 10 seconds, b4 stopping.
In any event, thx marco for this news :girl:

maybe they will make all of the mobs fly. :eek:

I was just up in space. Me and Xpl0jd hunted in dome 4. then we teamed up with Sibz0r in dome 3. And I cant stop myself from being so pissed of. There was one guy trapping in dome 4 when we came. So me and Xpl0jd in a nice way told him that he should watch out cause people recently have been banned for doing so and that MA in a support case clearly said that all trapping is forbidden. The guy said, "Oh didnt know that..." and stuff... Later, I went to hunt some in dome 2. Guess who changed dome? And then when I took it up with him again, turns out knew very well about the threads and what was going on. He also thought that he could trap, cause I had angel armor. So what?? I payed for that you f*cking idiot. So either you pay 15k for armor, then decay like hell? Or you pay 0 for both and trap? Well anyways as the discussion came to its end 2 of the 3 trap noobs got a global each and I got pissed of and logged out. Man I cant wait for VU 7.2. Until then I'll be in space decoying free trapped mobs. :mad:

Yeah I know I'm a real whiner :)

Maybe mobs will seek a new target if they remain trapped for a while?

Or they could just make them flee if they don't get damage after a certain time period :wise:

DD
:evilking:

Knoop said:
Man I cant wait for VU 7.2. Until then I'll be in space decoying free trapped mobs. :mad:

You dont have to use decoys,just "bump" into them by "mistake" ;)
One of my favorite space hobbies :laugh:

Why dont you report him? It sounds like a lame sucker

Knuckles said:
You dont have to use decoys,just "bump" into them by "mistake" ;)
One of my favorite space hobbies :laugh:

Why dont you report him? It sounds like a lame sucker

Nah, I dont wanna be the one who tells. Maybe someday I do something wrong then I would get really pissed if someone told on me :)

It should be the other way around too - if we lag and are being eaten by a mob unfairly, we should 'become immune to damage' as well.

Right.

Rain Man said:
It should be the other way around too - if we lag and are being eaten by a mob unfairly, we should 'become immune to damage' as well.

Right.

Good point

like when you CTD and when you log back in your dead that really sux

They're not making them invincible when they lag, but when they're trapped, so I don't really see your point.
If they were to make it "fair" by making us immune to damage when we're trapped they'd have to give our avatars artificial intelligence to break lose as well or people would abuse it.

Rain Man said:

Right.
If you ever skilled you will notice that you take, some times, negetive damage, which is pretty much what you reffer to.

Status
Back