Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
@Ludvig|MindArk

Looks good so far. Game is a lot more smoother. (y)

Is there a option to remove loot from appearing on chat?

Edit: Also, you guys forgot the banks dialogue boxes. They remain in the old fashion style. :D

Last edited:
We are planning on releasing a patch soon which will increase chat opacity, as well as fix the bugs related to auction listing visibility and residue checks.

This will be a client patch, so the servers will not restart, but you will have to log out and back in to apply the patch. There will be a message in the game when this happens.
This should be an immediate hotfix in my opinion. I am very disappointed in this UI release. I am all for change and was greatly looking forward to this. I honestly expected you guys to nail it this time. We (your customers) told you we wanted our action library icons to be able to remain on the screen, and you completely ignored us. Then you stick us with this chat transparency nonsense and the auction...my god...did you guys even look at it ? Most of us are older lads and ladies. We already wear glasses to see. "Soon" is too vague. Hotfix please.

index.php

Awesome work MA :) Some fix here and there is needed. But overall very good (y)

I know we are all working to report items we might have a problem with or something that needs to be fixed, etc. but I would like to mention some positives that I really appreciate with this new UI.

1. Performance seems to be a lot better in general for me and i am having a much smoother experience with gameplay on both my gaming rig and my laptop
2. I love that I can see codex on other planets now
3. The extra space within containers/storage/inventory is just wonderful (would be super helpful in shopkeepers also!)
4. A larger radar is very nice to see mobs/targets further out and for the long range rifles it really helps quite a bit when hunting
5. Having a day off to hunt since I cannot craft any weapons or amps until the residue bug is fixed :)

So a thank you to the team for the positive changes implemented and looking forward to the patch!

Feedback
  • Inventory window is too big
Description:
  • While mining I need the inventory to remain open to organize and bookmark claims on-the-fly.
  • An inventory that can be sized small, medium and large (like the map). The whole window and all the icons would re-size to fit the selected size. Small or medium for while I'm doing mining, large for in AH.
  • I prefer window mode rather than full screen, as mining is a back-screen function.
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

I hate that i cannot bind up/down in my vehicles to ctrl or shift by itself.
You can if you disable the option for modifiers. Options - Interface, scroll down to last check.

figured it out

Last edited:
rename friend option

is empty get name back in field that you can change and not get a empty field like now so much bugs as i said in first post only tranparent that hundret other saidnchanged rest bugs still there

Feedback
  • Title: New chat background more readable, but ugly
Description:
  • Current: The new chat window background is more readable, but ugly. It is like a dirt color.
  • Suggested: Make it like the pre VU color, there was nothing wrong with that.
  • Reason: Updated chat background is ugly.

There is no contacts button either.

So suggestion. Add a contact button currently we have to press U on the keyboard to open contact list.

Other than that I love the new UI and that other issue I posted in page 1 I hope gets fixed as well.

At the end of the day the negative comments are actually annoying to read. Seriously do people want a game that looks like it is from 2010 or a game that looks like it is from 2024? The new UI gives a fresh modern look to the whole game now and it is smoother and nicer on the eyes I am sure the patches they will roll out in the coming weeks will make it much better. Hopefully they make it so the windows and UI elements like radar can be resizable as well. Keep up the great work MA

Feedback
  • Title: Equipped item display - previous feature request obsolete
Description:
  • Current: Equipped item display now shows shots left also for melee weapons as well as all tools that don't use ammo. Big thanks!
  • Suggested: Disregard previous feature request to color-code item repair status (#80 in this thread).
  • Reason: Superseded.

Feedback
Title: make item link and avatar link different color
Description:
Current: They are same in chat atm
Suggested: Make Ava link and item link different color (may be let us pick color)
Reason: to make chat more readable and less confusing

Screenshot:
Screenshot_20240222-131712.png

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Writing too many characters in a message
Description:
  • Current: You can write as long a message as you'd like, but you cant send it.
  • Suggested: Ideal would be there was no cap on it but if there's some... limitation, for whatever reason, at least just revert to not being able to type more characters in, like before.
  • Reason: Because this isn't Twitter... sorry, X

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Loadout items list
Description:
  • Current: The list of items in a loadout does not show items which aren't in carried inventory.
  • Suggested: Include all items belonging to a loadout in the list when shown, only indicate which are not carried (e.g. in grey font colour or parentheses).
  • Reason: Reduces confusion.

Feedback
  • Title: Chat widget tab headers width
Description:
  • Current: Tab headers in the chat widget all are equally wide.
  • Suggested: It would be cool if tab headers could shrink in width to fit the name, use the current width only as maximum if a name is longer.
  • Reason: One could use abbreviations to pack more tabs before overflow occurs.

Feedback
  • Title: All UI widgets should be scalable
Description:
  • Current: Most UI widgets except chat and radar are not scalable.
  • Suggested: s. title
  • Reason: This was one of the most requested features for any UI upgrade since a long time. The reasons and motivations are well publicised. Assuming the codebase has improved towards better modularity under the current effort, it seems almost illogical to leave this out. Or are there major obstacles?

Still can't craft with residue.

Feedback
  • Title: Make it easier to release a locked target and stop moving towards it; release target lock function
Description:
  • Current: Once a target is locked and automatic movement towards it started upon interaction requested from a distance, it is difficult to break off in case of error or desire to change in crowded situations. Unequipping held tool does not stop movement, which can still result in unintended interference with another player, e.g. drawing aggro of a mob they are working on. Movement stops when trying to go backward, but only as long as the key remains pressed, releasing it continues drawing you into the target. Initiating teleport to revive (T) and aborting it seems the only way to get out of an initiated interaction.
  • Suggested: Please make it easier, in fact as easy as possible, to abort an initiated interaction. First, unquipping should also stop automatic movement at once. Second, a function/action to release a target lock would be highly desirable.
  • Reason: The current state is a source for unintended, undesired interference with other players. When in error, one is often too slow to remember a workaround. The ability to release target locks existed earlier, iirc before the previous user interface overhaul years ago. Its removal was always a disadvantage and should be reversed now.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have the option "Interact to cancel current action" activated, but apparently it doesn't have the desired effect. Before coming up with "T" I did try the interaction key again among others.

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Client Loader
Description:
  • Current: Looks dated, opens Internet Explorer when clicking on links.
  • Suggested: Make it look like the rest of the UI, and make it use the system default browser instead of forcing it to use Internet Explorer.
  • Reason: Because if anything, the client loader was the most dated part of the UI.

Here's a question for ya how the hell do you change the UI color those yellow letters make your eyes bleed ?
If the baby yellow is not your fancy there are many different colors to choose from.
Baby blue... Baby pink, Baby green or Baby purple and Baby red... i mean orange.
Any color you can think of that fits a toddlers clothing can be chosen for the chat text.
I'm guessing the more mature colors might be added at a later stage... i hope.

accept / confirm / teleport

before all actions in middle now left middle right make no sense

accepting a action now allway on another location not easyer its dificulter

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Display of PED card balance should be optional
Description:
  • Current: There is no option to suppress display of one's PED balance in the equipped item display (which is always on) and the inventory footer. The equipped item display holding financial info has always been illogical in the first place, but since streaming becoming popular it now is an issue.
  • Suggested: Please add an option under the privacy section to suppress the display of one's PED balance both in the equipped item display and the inventory footer.
  • Reason: Privacy of streamers. This has been requested and emphasized as important before the release of the current update. Hopefully this formal entry puts it onto the priority list for development.

My comments after spent 2 hours yesterday :

1) Extended width of Inventory and Storage : I like !

2) Unified skins on (almost) all windows : I understand the need to unify them. I don't like the fact that visual aspect had received priorty on user-friendly. New icons are white on gray, it looks cool on a screenshot but going from 16 M coulors to 256 grey shades is a loss of information. I'll have to relearn, I accept, but they could have been adapted, not needed to change them totally. Same for Options, Radar and other stuffs where all orders were changed. finally, only the skins were changed, but not the functionalities, and there was room for improvement, like on the Map which is still a pain to use.

3) New mapping system. I think the Action Bars are restricting our customizations. Their management is not intuitive. I miss the keyboard view where we could see what key was still available. Not sure if anyone will use the several Pages, maybe was done to replace the old Sets ? Not sure also if the key combinations with Shift/Ctrl will be used, since we have one hand on the mouse, one on the keyboard, and the range of accessible keys from Shift/Ctrl is limited.

4) I didn't detect any change in performances.

5) There was a little lack of testing.

6) It seems an unfinished work : the HOF window was not reworked, and some old icons remain from PE.

I woud have wished :
- MA to ask us to design it, we are the daily Users, and a forum has this purpose.
- Still use the keyboard view, more practical than the Actions where its impossible to remember which key is still available.
- Still allow us to set icons on the screen, but on some invisible grid which becomes visible only in Edit Mode.
- Allow us to groups icons as we want to hide/display them. Not 1x10 but really free, like 3x4, 5x30, whatever.

Quickie......
Previously once I killed a mob, I could right click on it and my Ava would run over and loot it. Now I cant do that, I have to run myself over to the mob.

Where is the setting to change this please?

Status
Back