Unamped tower still possible?

I am curious if it is possible to find a drill tower unamped anymore. I know you could several years ago but with the changes that went into mining sometime in my hiatus 2014-2021 I am no longer sure. Anyone know if it is still possible or does the multiplier for mining no longer go that high without an amp?
Has anyone personally found a drill tower unamped within the last year?

I know a guy who hit a 1K PED enmatter claim unamped, this must've been a ~x2K multiplier.

I have unamped 3.9k ore hof one year ago

The system feels very rigged now. The tt loss you would need to build up dropping unamped, in order to trigger a tower-sized hof, would take a looooongggg time.

I think u can't anymore, no

I am curious if it is possible to find a drill tower unamped anymore. I know you could several years ago but with the changes that went into mining sometime in my hiatus 2014-2021 I am no longer sure. Anyone know if it is still possible or does the multiplier for mining no longer go that high without an amp?
Has anyone personally found a drill tower unamped within the last year?
I've never scored a tower...period.

I don't use amps or enhancers. For some unknown reason large XII deposits are a rarity for me. I find more abundants and substantials than large.

I had 7 towers between 2006-2008 but none since.
Mindark deffo changed the mining returns... think way too many people found the right way to mine back then... :laugh:

u can. friend of mine had one unamped double drop on shinook.
No pre amp

Friend of me had a unamped ore 4.6K tower a few weeks ago with a F- finder
He had another unamped 1-2 years ago, he was close @ 10K then. When he has time, he mines for like 100-200 drops a few times / week and that's it, so cycling doesn't matter.
As Scudd says ... it's the way of mining and now we both mine in the same way but I'm only going for enm for now so dunno if that is still possible :sneaky:

EDIT : he was down 97% in TT return and I'm having problems getting under 100% TT return for now. :p
You don't have to loose much before getting a tower, that's just a fairytale
We both are around lvl 30 miner so skills do not matter at all.

IMO it's all about availability, or why do you think most towers are from fillers with low %

Last edited:
Back