Unfortunate Changes to "Uber" Clothing

Skyrider

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Norak Skyrider Dominion
Hello everyone,

I finally decided to log in after some time off from PE and was horrified at what I saw.

centurion8pp.jpg

It appears as if the centurion (I don't know about the other older style coats) has changed quite a bit. Unfortunately, instead of improving, it seems as if it has transformed into the looks of a crafted coat. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, but part of the reason people want these coats and similar rare clothes is due to their unique look. This is one of the many reasons I have held onto my coat for so long, as it will be a true reminder of the past in PE a year down the road. However, with this reskinning, the coat has lost that special look and feel that has always made me feel proud when I log into PE.

Their presence in the game is something special that shouldn't be able to be replaced by crafted clothes. I hate to use an analogy like this, but this is like suddenly changing the stats on a very rare item like a mod fap. It would be great to allow us old timers in PE to keep the sentimental items that we have specially held for so long. I hope that MindArk will consider changing back the rarer clothing that was unfortunately reskinned. It's important that these clothes keep their looks.

If you aren't the owner of older clothes like these coats, I'm sure you can relate in many different ways. Looks are important to many in PE, and completely changing the style of pieces of clothing just laughs at all the work you have done to present yourself in our ever-changing world of PE.

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to reading other views on this matter, so please post if you have any comments!

Last edited:
HERE HERE!
Change it back MA! :mad:

I agree with you thoughts. One thing I might add is that at least you know the Name will always be unique. Noone can replace that and I beleive it will hold value due to it rarity.

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
I agree with you thoughts. One thing I might add is that at least you know the Name will always be unique. Noone can replace that and I beleive it will hold value due to it rarity.

DD

Unfortunately, the name doesn't mean much if someone can buy the SAME exact coat crafted. As far as I'm concerned, the majority of people in PE buy clothing based on looks. I think that the name would only interest a truly dedicated collector. I'm sure other owners of these old style coats feel the same way I do. There unique look is something that needs to be kept.

Skyrider said:
Unfortunately, the name doesn't mean much if someone can buy the SAME exact coat crafted. As far as I'm concerned, the majority of people in PE buy clothing based on looks. I think that the name would only interest a truly dedicated collector. I'm sure other owners of these old style coats feel the same way I do. There unique look is something that needs to be kept.

would it be possible now or in the future to duplicate the colors though?? :confused:

I agree that they shouldn't have made a change to it. Tho, I do not see that drastic of a difference in your pics.

It was a bit inevidible that black and red looted clothes would become obsolete with the introduction of Black and Red paint though. Think of the Storm Coat, DD Underwear and Skirt, black boots, etc...

For sometime now I have beleived the only reason to have looted clothes is of a status symbol, and I beleive that more and more as the game progresses.

No matter what MA does to the way your coat looks it is still your coat that has seen you through the years. There is something to be said for that.

DD

Svetlana said:
would it be possible now or in the future to duplicate the colors though?? :confused:

Judging by Sarah's pictures of her crafted clothes, this new style of the centurion would be easy to copy. This is essentially the whole point of my post. It's very important to me that the older clothes have something that sets them apart; otherwise their uniqueness is degraded significantly.

MA changed a few of the coats much to peoples horror but hey life sucks, live with it. MA certianly wont change it - but wait. If its the BIG depositers who whine then maybe they will ;)

I completely agree with you. I bought my business suit a year and a half ago. Everyone recognizes me in it. I had a custom tailored flame shirt to go underneath it and Starman (Awesome Dude!!!) gave me a Bowler hat and i bought a pair of ambi bono's from him. Its all about the looks. I wouldn't give up my business suit for anything...well almost anything... as it's sorta become my trademark. though lately i've been hunting alot so i've adorned my vigi set more often than not, but underneath i'm still representin' the biz Blazer and pants. Hey skyrider just be glad that only your coat ingame has changed ;)

Many ppl had that kind of problem , including me :( (although I don't have pics)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=920

And this is the letter I sent to support and their response:

Since 7.2 VU my radar jacket have suffered a pretty drastic change in it's appearence. I know it's not the only , but I'm here to talk about mine.

Before 7.2 the jacket had a certain patern and color on it's sleeves and upper torso , and in the lower torso (maybe more than half of the torso) it got darker, so most of the jacket was black.

But now all that black has dissapeared and replaced by the colors that are in the rest of the jacket (sleeves and upper torso). Basicly I now find myself with a jacket very very diferent than the one I bought , and I can't say I like it I much prefered it like it was before. It looks very diferent now , I even found some things about my jacket patern that I didn't know, like on the sides under the arms has a diferent color than the one on front and back

You (MA) just decided to completly change an item owned by a player. The sole porpuse of a piece of clothing are it's looks , that's why you buy it , because you like the way it looks and it does well it's job (to look cool ). And then you just go and change all that without inform us or getting our consent. You just completly changed and item modifying it's porpuse and way it works. A jacket's only and single junction is the way it looks, and you went and changed all that. I bought that jacket because I liked the way it was , now I don't. This would be the equivalent of you going and changing a weapon's range, damage and decay. That wasn't correct of you.

I understand the objective, to make the crafted clothes better to match pants and such , for them to get the full pattern etc. But that isn't the point. The intentions were good , the way that it as been done is teerrible. You just completly changed something from my inventory!

If I may make a sugestion it would actually be very simple. You would put the jackets (and other pieces that were changed) the way they were, and then you could put an announcement (in Client Loader for example) saying from now on that all clothes crafted and/or colored was going to be like this. So for who prefered it this new way , they would just have to recolor the clothes , for the ones who prefered it the way it was they wouldn't do anything and just leave it as it is.

Basicly I think it was a very wrong thing to change something that belong to a player that completly altered it's porpuse and the reason why we bought it.

I hope something is made to correct that.

Best reggards

2005-04-07 MindArk Support:
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We will forward this to our design team.

Regards

Very helpfull as always :D

Hi and Welcome, blah blah ;)

My support case:

I recently logged in after vu 7.2 had been applied, and I was shocked to find that my Spiral Street Silent Shade jacket (M) had changed drastically. I paid a lot for the jacket because I liked the design, and quite frankly I dislike the new design.

Why change an item that looks good?

I thought MA's policy was to not change items that are already ingame unless they needed to be changed. I don't think it is fair, that MA change an item that I have already paid for.

Does MA plan to refund the peds that I paid for a jacket that I now consider to be worth much less than what I paid for it?

I severely hope that MA realize that this is an unwanted change and change it back to how it was

Yours sincerely,

Hellfire

2005-04-08 MindArk Support:
Hi,
There are no compensations being payed for adjustments mage in PE as stated in the conditions of use. However I will forward your stand regarding the change to our designers and maybe they will change it more back they way it where.
/Regards

I agree and I forsaw this coming when I saw the first of the crafted coats. That's why I sold all by my Jade coat before prices started to fall. But with the last VU even it looks worse.

It's not so much that they changed but they just don't look as good.

what i would like to see is that they could change the coats back and name them ORIGINAL Centurion Coat. And make coats lootable on a rare basis that look like the coats at the moment.

I have the Brigader model of this coat myself, and that too has changed into looking a bit off the original. I'm with skyrider, they dont have the same hot look anymore.

and maybe they will change it more back they way it where.

OK its confirmed... they do have 8 year old guys to answear support :laugh:

anyway.. I must say I love the new look on my jacket.. its a spiral street feral force jacket.

Though I think that for those who wants the old look back should have it... on the other hand, you still dont own anything in PE its all MA´s stuff.. so they could do whatever they want..
But on the moral side its very wrong.

I have been discussing this with the art department this morning, and the reason for the change was another change in how shadows was applied to the clothes. The alteration was a bit too drastic and in the future more shadow will be added to the affected clothes. I apologize for any frustration this have caused.

Great that you bring it up as an issue, so we have a chance to fix it. =)

Sounds good marco :)
Dont be scared that we WONT take up issues. :silly2:

The coats now look like they are made of a material we call "filt" in norwegian. Its a soft textile you got to play with alot when you were little in kindergarden and childrens school.

I personally reported the crafted coats/jacket being too dark. They obviously were since you couldn't even get a color even close to white with white paint, only slightly lighter grey and completely black areas where the darker shadows should be.

Apparently the support listened, but not closely enough. They also changed the looted clothes, which I personally think was a huge loss. The looted clothes all look worse now, while the tailored look great.

Though I see no point in why old looted clothes should look any different from the tailored ones. In-gameish the looted clothes are also tailored at some point... The tailored clothes replace the looted completely, and they should look the same. I personally think its time to implement a color mixing tool. Many of the colors on looted clothes are not available, even with skin. And personally I think skinned clothes looks really bad due to the textures being awful.

If you are talking to the graphics people Marco you should also point out that many clothes are still bugged (though the last VU should fix). Beach shorts have huge holes on the back on thin avatars, same problem with queen boots. My office blazer has miscolored patches that mimic the color of the hat I am wearing... etc.

Skyrider said:
reminder of the past in PE a year down the road. However, with this reskinning, the coat has lost that special look and feel that has always made me feel proud when I log into PE.

Well, Skyrider..

Have you ever thougth that it's something other then the clothes that's wrong?

As you said, you have'nt been online for a while, and I guess that after the TP-chips was introduced you have'nt been running so much.....

Soo, maybe you should sell your coat and look for another one in size XXL, by the look of the pics you are getting a bit 'fluffier' , exercise or visit the Genesis Pain-gym in Hadesheim...

b.t.w. you maybe should consider a haircut whle you're at it. those straws are getting long and grey ... you oldie.

;=)

((((seriously, yes I agree to your post, I just had to bark at the moon a lil' bit, meaaaoow))))

Good job atleast you know marco will try to get it fixed with the next vu or something

Thanks Marco :)

I sure hope my Tantillion Jacket with a Demon face on the back gets its old looks back,right now there is some grey freaking textures through the "face" on it. I hate it :rolleyes:

roulette said:
Well, Skyrider..

Have you ever thougth that it's something other then the clothes that's wrong?

As you said, you have'nt been online for a while, and I guess that after the TP-chips was introduced you have'nt been running so much.....

Soo, maybe you should sell your coat and look for another one in size XXL, by the look of the pics you are getting a bit 'fluffier' , exercise or visit the Genesis Pain-gym in Hadesheim...

b.t.w. you maybe should consider a haircut whle you're at it. those straws are getting long and grey ... you oldie.

;=)

((((seriously, yes I agree to your post, I just had to bark at the moon a lil' bit, meaaaoow))))

I know I'm getting rather fat aren't I? :laugh: I need to buy myself a treadmill or something ...

Thanks for the post Marco! Glad to see this issue is being looked into! :D Adding shadows back to all the clothes will help to make everything look better again.

Skyrider said:
I know I'm getting rather fat aren't I? :laugh: I need to buy myself a treadmill or something ...
You can borrow my late hampsters little wheel? :)

Marco|MindArk said:
I have been discussing this with the art department this morning, and the reason for the change was another change in how shadows was applied to the clothes. The alteration was a bit too drastic and in the future more shadow will be added to the affected clothes. I apologize for any frustration this have caused.

Great that you bring it up as an issue, so we have a chance to fix it. =)

While they're at it, make mine black and red pretty please :D

all 1 color coats look retarded now.. like jade lime and verdent... they smoothed them over...

Back