Question: Unreal Engine 5 platform

ProActive Mango

Stalker
This is more to the dev team at Mindark.

I was wondering if you could share some cool pictures from the development of the UE5 project? It does not have to contain anything that spoils the release but more of what we can look forward to.

I think we all are eager to see some cool stuff!

This thread? --

Honestly I have no clue what's the plan for MAs visit to the current LAN in Gothenburg, but have a look
and you might get what you ask for later today I think..

looks like they drinking beer and playing entropia...

Until they take it more seriously and not throw out the equivalent of a 1 person project spitting out AI generated concept art to keep carrot/roping people into a "scam" (used for illustration), as far as I am concerned, they are not doing anything with this project and is just another deeptoken and compet.

This is their most important project and dictates their future. Keeping people updated with teasers, discussion with devs, etc is at the VERY least they could do. If they need funds for it, there is so much they can do - instead of just (not even) half assing it.

The fact this went silent, almost a year in from the announcement is absolutely astounding, even when there wasn't much communication to date.

Until they take it more seriously and not throw out the equivalent of a 1 person project spitting out AI generated concept art to keep carrot/roping people into a "scam" (used for illustration), as far as I am concerned, they are not doing anything with this project and is just another deeptoken and compet.

This is their most important project and dictates their future. Keeping people updated with teasers, discussion with devs, etc is at the VERY least they could do. If they need funds for it, there is so much they can do - instead of just (not even) half assing it.

The fact this went silent, almost a year in from the announcement is absolutely astounding, even when there wasn't much communication to date.
Agree.
I think too many ppl where bashing their pictures and what they had done and they took it personaly and are now angry and refuse to show stuff :D
Atleast thats what i think has happened with the eu5 project, so now they want to punish us with not showing anything instead.

This is more to the dev team at Mindark.

I was wondering if you could share some cool pictures from the development of the UE5 project? It does not have to contain anything that spoils the release but more of what we can look forward to.

I think we all are eager to see some cool stuff!
They posted some screenshots of a desert scene and some mob concept art on their instagram. However, instagram is a closed platform owned by facebook/meta and as such you can't click on the images to see them in full size or scroll down too far without an account.

I think Entropia Planets forum has been downloading and hosting the images for public viewing without any need to sign up for something though if you prefer to look there.

Agree.
I think too many ppl where bashing their pictures and what they had done and they took it personaly and are now angry and refuse to show stuff :D
Atleast thats what i think has happened with the eu5 project, so now they want to punish us with not showing anything instead.
If this is the case, then the project is doomed. Have to take feedback and manage expectations.

Full radio silence and then spin up 1 million unreal tokens can be seen nothing other than a money grab - and I don't want it to be that.

Do better.

Yep at this stage I think we are in desperate need of some actual proof work has been done, maby a 5 minute video of some in engine footage would be good. With how long ago it was announced and knowing what a single person can churn out in EU5 in a short time, there should be some cool stuff to show off by now?? Providing they are on the right track, it's the most important thing for The future if EU in over a decade.

Is there even anybody with Mandella effect beliefs that development is coming along nicely?
Mobs should at least be spawning and wandering, with avatars able to hunt some of them (developed weap movements, mob damage and death sequencies). Loads of work that is graphics related, but embedded behind that should be a whole lot easier... unless workings are really new too in many places, but why risk that?

Is there even anybody with Mandella effect beliefs that development is coming along nicely?
Mobs should at least be spawning and wandering, with avatars able to hunt some of them (developed weap movements, mob damage and death sequencies). Loads of work that is graphics related, but embedded behind that should be a whole lot easier... unless workings are really new too in many places, but why risk that?
A lot can be accomplished in 2 years....

Walked off a landing craft in PA in 2006 , and the sky was falling.

TBH I'm not concerned. MA have always been quiet and they got worse as time went on. Every comms officer starts off all "this time it will be different" and soon goes dark. Dev blogs always start ok then fall silent. This is just MA's way. The exit of staff discussed elsewhere is concerning but generally I assume they are just getting on with things that are hard to show off, networking, infrastructure code porting and re-writing etc. Possibly they'll be more of a "art drive" later where there will be more things to show off that are actually visible.

Hi,
Here you can see how the ingame grafik will look like.

Greetings
Luckyw3as3l

These lot do not have the competency to utilize an engine to no where even near its 50% capability...look at the mess they created with CryEngine...That was no CryEngine.

Look at the state of returns, the active player base, Things become a joke.

I also think you need look no further than the new user interface. There are texts that overlap, texts that go offscreen even though most windows refuse to (except auction), sometimes even more than just the shortest of info requires scrolling, scrolling bars are often of poor width, some title texts are huge and thus waste space needlessly, etc.. Colours are a matter of taste but I think they are horribly pastel: it's all under relatively simple dev control to not be so poor and nothing to do with the engine itself, yet we have gone through several patches without this and much more actual functionality having been restored.
The good core programming is mostly two decades old and is still what makes this game special: the loot engine and dynamics economically. Agreed, lots of people dislike the waves, but we live with them.
There has even been great stuff such as mothership damage inside ships with explosions and all under cryengine, but they were quickly cancelled again. The most I hope for in UE5 is a decent look and feel and certainly nothing great, but then again, I'm so old school I can remember when gaming graphics were little more than wire meshes and yet playability could be really great if well implemented. Give me playability and I'll be happier than with awesome reflections and textures any day.

I also think you need look no further than the new user interface. There are texts that overlap, texts that go offscreen even though most windows refuse to (except auction), sometimes even more than just the shortest of info requires scrolling, scrolling bars are often of poor width, some title texts are huge and thus waste space needlessly, etc.. Colours are a matter of taste but I think they are horribly pastel: it's all under relatively simple dev control to not be so poor and nothing to do with the engine itself, yet we have gone through several patches without this and much more actual functionality having been restored.
The good core programming is mostly two decades old and is still what makes this game special: the loot engine and dynamics economically. Agreed, lots of people dislike the waves, but we live with them.
There has even been great stuff such as mothership damage inside ships with explosions and all under cryengine, but they were quickly cancelled again. The most I hope for in UE5 is a decent look and feel and certainly nothing great, but then again, I'm so old school I can remember when gaming graphics were little more than wire meshes and yet playability could be really great if well implemented. Give me playability and I'll be happier than with awesome reflections and textures any day.
Well said! 👍👍👍

Back