Suggestion: Use Old Concept to Streamline Interplanetary Travel Without Screwing Over Warp Ship Operators

Would you like faster interplanetary travel for 7 PED?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm wondering a bit what limitations we currently have that will open up not just in theory with UE5.
I believe the insides of ships and spacestations are all instances - and I used to believe that is why we couldn't access event instances from space. But it occurs to me that the ship tps to the SS are from instance to instance, so it's doable. Then again, hopping to an instance event would be a way of escaping pirates with presumably even less activation time than logging off.
I thus further wonder how many limitations are based on the scenarios MA has implemented (lootable pvp) and not actually technical. Someone else mentioned a whole space package having been developed (and I've seen posters with more ships designed than what we currently have that was printed years ago).
The cargo missions development was also seemingly so close to finished that it was even firmly announced.

How much of a changed space environment might actually make sense in a future implementation, such that pilots get points for piloting and not just from being hit? Will there be entry restrictions potentially, for ships, their pilots' levels of skill etc etc?

When it finally happens, I hope the changes are massive, fair, FUN and provide opportunities!
One limitation we have today is the polycount of objects. With Nanite they can create way bigger objects
but still have the game playable without choking it. ;)
There are some WIP for space for other games, how to handle vast space games in UE5, but nothing to
show atm I guess since they are just that, WIP. If I see something I'll link to it.

I almost hate starting to think about potentials, because my mind begins to run a bit 'loose' ;).
Our current setup in space is with fixed locations. Would procedural generation be any good for a space whose goal it is to be explored, while keeping all of the planetary stuff on its own servers, as we have now?
Do any WIPs go any further and have gravity and motion at work? There's one that aims to keep destructions and alterations stored, I believe, so that mining out or tunneling etc can stay permanent for resource depletion, hideouts etc. Is that far too wishful thinking for any developer yet, let alone ones that don't want to risk the balances of their RCE?

Mod Mercs were once the cost of a MS (or close i think) and now what are they worth? Did MA compensate them. Its kind of silly at this point how people keep thinking that MA should compensate people for failed promises. convert pirate skills to ped at MU then, and that is more than fair. there are lots of people in game that spent tons on a skills for it to go to not - coloring, hair stylists etc.. who compensated them? I know others have been (stable deeds? prior space ship owners) but many other have not- what about Banks that was like $200K. If i recall it was 1M ped for the license and 1M for inventory or to lend ? Motherships have been making money for several years, several of the players are unbearable, so why should the rest of the community pay for them again when MA removes PVP space?

Mod Mercs were once the cost of a MS (or close i think) and now what are they worth? Did MA compensate them. Its kind of silly at this point how people keep thinking that MA should compensate people for failed promises. convert pirate skills to ped at MU then, and that is more than fair. there are lots of people in game that spent tons on a skills for it to go to not - coloring, hair stylists etc.. who compensated them? I know others have been (stable deeds? prior space ship owners) but many other have not- what about Banks that was like $200K. If i recall it was 1M ped for the license and 1M for inventory or to lend ? Motherships have been making money for several years, several of the players are unbearable, so why should the rest of the community pay for them again when MA removes PVP space?

Yet another brand new account on PCF spewing nonsense and hate of MS owners,
But for the sake of others that may read and believe if this is not addressed....here goes.

Using a mod merc as a comparator is frankly frivolous. Firstly unlike the Mod Mercs we have not paid a single purchase price for a high end item, that has later been superseded by a better model, at least that would show MA was developing space.
A ship is not an item generally used by one player for their own skilling and bragging rights. The majority of ships offer services to other players, if they didn't then this thread would not exist.
Banks, Colourers and hairstylists still exist as do stables and while MA have probably been as much a hindrance as a help, we have not got the playerbase calling for their destruction, so I am not sure of the relevance
We have not asked for compensation, that was suggested by the person that wants to use a TP and avoid space. Can you imagine the outcry from LA owners if MA suddenly improved the non-LA portions of Caly and made them truly tax free and thereby discouraged people from using the player owned LAs ?

A well run ship needs to be developed. The vast majority of them are far more than the undeveloped hulk that was originally sold by MA. Which incidentally is why the price has risen over the years.. not rarity but improvements
Warp ships offer not just speed but also protection for travellers. Owners have spent a lot of ped upgrading the SI for passenger protection, buying upgraded armament devices etc They also spent time gathering and training crews to assist with gunnery and repairs, in order to supplement that protection.

We cannot force people to use us, bullying would be totally negative and drive them away. You all have the choice of how to cross space, in a sleipnir, quad, equus, privateer or MS service, or to stay at home.
Those that use the services offered can choose from a range of options and prices, fixed scheduled warps, flexible schedules, VIP etc
Prices vary and customers can choose the price, the time, the method that suits them.

Your personal likes and dislikes of owners frankly has no relevance to the decisions of others, and should never influence MA.

There's an expression: two wrongs don't make a right. Treating some investors badly doesn't mean MA should be able to treat all investors badly.
If changes still provide opportunities, even if they are different ones, investors have a chance to sell up if the direction taken is not for them. When whole areas remain below what was promised, that's not ok. It's not a justification that other areas have been treated worse.

On the other hand, there will always be above and below average development - and balancing cycles would ideally focus on improving unfairnesses area by area. In MA's case, there is a lot to chew through, whether it be broad sweeps that mining is neglected in events, down to niche areas such as stables with just a few owners involved.

Space has some big investors, and many people travel through it. I guess it's also complicated in that pps are linked via space, so separation issues are involved too.

Pieces of the pie .... but I can still dream of pie in the sky, can't I? C'mon devs - it's been a promised 'land' for a long time now!

GothenburgNugget said:

Yet another brand new account on PCF spewing nonsense and hate of MS owners,
But for the sake of others that may read and believe if this is not addressed....here goes.

Using a mod merc as a comparator is frankly frivolous. Firstly unlike the Mod Mercs we have not paid a single purchase price for a high end item, that has later been superseded by a better model, at least that would show MA was developing space.
A ship is not an item generally used by one player for their own skilling and bragging rights. The majority of ships offer services to other players, if they didn't then this thread would not exist.
Banks, Colourers and hairstylists still exist as do stables and while MA have probably been as much a hindrance as a help, we have not got the playerbase calling for their destruction, so I am not sure of the relevance
We have not asked for compensation, that was suggested by the person that wants to use a TP and avoid space. Can you imagine the outcry from LA owners if MA suddenly improved the non-LA portions of Caly and made them truly tax free and thereby discouraged people from using the player owned LAs ?

A well run ship needs to be developed. The vast majority of them are far more than the undeveloped hulk that was originally sold by MA. Which incidentally is why the price has risen over the years.. not rarity but improvements
Warp ships offer not just speed but also protection for travellers. Owners have spent a lot of ped upgrading the SI for passenger protection, buying upgraded armament devices etc They also spent time gathering and training crews to assist with gunnery and repairs, in order to supplement that protection.

We cannot force people to use us, bullying would be totally negative and drive them away. You all have the choice of how to cross space, in a sleipnir, quad, equus, privateer or MS service, or to stay at home.
Those that use the services offered can choose from a range of options and prices, fixed scheduled warps, flexible schedules, VIP etc
Prices vary and customers can choose the price, the time, the method that suits them.

Your personal likes and dislikes of owners frankly has no relevance to the decisions of others, and should never influence MA.

And what does it have to do with anything. I've probably played this game longer than you and have more fun things for me than hanging out on a forum. You're obviously biased because you own a motor ship & it's sad to see that you can not keep a good tone.

the day MA removes lootable pvp space they make a great step towrd a larger playerbase

the day MA removes lootable pvp space they make a great step towrd a larger playerbase
The whole game is PVP. we are all working against each other in a financial competition,. Lootable PvPs only difference is that is more direct. And being looted is entirely optional.

The whole game is PVP. we are all working against each other in a financial competition,. Lootable PvPs only difference is that is more direct. And being looted is entirely optional.
Our whole life is PVP. We are all working against each other in a financial competition. Robbery with firearms only difference is that it's more direct. And being looted is entirely optional.

Oh shit...

So after reading all of the posts in this thread I have an idea.

New players get the Valkyrie MK1 vehicle at account creation...why not an ultra-light low tt space ship that is extremely fuel efficient like the Valkyrie?
The ship would have no capacity to carry anything other than the avatar itself as well as a slower speed of travel (slower than a sleipner?).
(Ship would be account bound)

It would also have an initial Space Thruster (L) attached to it and this could be tied to training of how to enter/leave the planet
as well as visit space stations in addition to basic training regarding lootable pvp and pirates.

I think this would go a LONG way for the new player who cannot initially afford warps to become comfortable with, and
even enjoy travelling to other planets. The stigma of space is really over blown unless you have materials to be lost (take an MS!).

imo...most people stay on Caly because they never took the chance to actually travel space. I had to get over the stigma and now it is great!
I cannot believe I ever considered the tt loss of the Thruster on entering/exiting a planet not worth it. (But I did...:D).

Also to throw my two cents in, I 100% support having lootable PVP in space. Not only does it maintain balance economically enforcing a separation
between all planets but it prevents Caly from becoming an even greater trade post than it already is.

I also like the idea of Interplanetary TP chips/wormhole chips, but they should come at extreme cost and skill requirements.
They should also exclude the carrying/transfer of any lootable items during transit.

I think allowing normal TP for even 40ped across the universe makes the game worse...not better.

I also agree that the only failure here is on MA's part to not fulfill past promises, and innovate more value into what is already existing.
It sure seems as though MA expects for us to deal with the lack of depth in the features/functions of meta in this game.
(Hopefully this changes with UE5...going to breath freely while waiting tho)

This games potential is UNLIMITED yet MA chooses to wade through a VERY shallow pool of what is.

Just my opinion...

Last edited:
When the universe starts contracting, get ready for the big crunch... coming soon(TM).

Back