Version Update 9.0 Preview II - NEW Screenshots!!

Well i'm looking forward to the new vu so the trade offers start coming in :)

Hello everyone, long time since I have played this game and posted in the forum!

It seems every time I want to get back into PE, there's a new VU that has been released/announced. Out of all the updates, this one might actually keep me playing. :yay: But, to get to my point.. I have two questions:

1.) Is there an estimated date that the update will be here?
- I'm aware this might get asked 100 times a day, but I've searched the forum and their site and have found nothing.
- If there is no 'official' release date, when do you think it'll be released?

2.) Will the 'enhancements' only be for the avatars? Or will everything be enhanced.. weapons, enemies, terrain, buildings, etc..
- I also couldn't find anything, except SS's of avatars

1.) Is there an estimated date that the update will be here?
- I'm aware this might get asked 100 times a day, but I've searched the forum and their site and have found nothing.

2.) Will the 'enhancements' only be for the avatars? Or will everything be enhanced.. weapons, enemies, terrain, buildings, etc..
- I also couldn't find anything, except SS's of avatars

1) not only asked 100 times, but 100 times answered too in this thread :) end of September - early October

2) only avatars, armors and clothes

1) not only asked 100 times, but 100 times answered too in this thread :) end of September - early October

2) only avatars, armors and clothes

That's funny, :D I must be losing my mind or the search function isn't working for me. As I searched quite a few times, but oh well.. you answered it, which I thank you for it! Thanks!

Wooo Hooo

I like... Hope more changes and interesting ones too. :yay:

James
Guardians of Valhalla

This update is gonna get update more then just visual it will be to little VU if only visuals.. I mean think of all the other VU.. there are huge lists big bugs fixed and stuff... new weapons and armors perhaps?? I hope they make some in world updates too.. :yay:

LOL looks good but WHERE IS THE CONTENT ????
Eye candy is good - but leave it until the Cry Engine is introduced...
What the $&*@# happened to the mindforce or taming update we were promised ???
I hate it when MA keep changing their mind about what they will "update"
I would honestly prefer even a small bugfix VU instead of the eye candy ....
:(

Really interesting this will be =) what an good idea i had when i decided yo upgrade my hardware in the comp in october =) and so remember all that your graphic card must support pixelshader 3.0 and them pix are ofcourse with best possible graphics..

Graphics are looking very promising but the best thing about the update in my mind is being able to have 100's of avas in the same place at the same time and maintaining a decent fps. This should make for a better game with some awesome events in the future.

And I personally hope masks stay as masks and do not get get dumped and replaced by helmets. Hats and hair styles are visible with masks.

soundboy

Graphics are looking very promising but the best thing about the update in my mind is being able to have 100's of avas in the same place at the same time and maintaining a decent fps. This should make for a better game with some awesome events in the future.

And I personally hope masks stay as masks and do not get get dumped and replaced by helmets. Hats and hair styles are visible with masks.

soundboy

I don't agreed... I mean masks with this VU.. it won't look good and it will be to hard for ma to do. So they must replace it will helmets instead.
It will look better that way, btw CAN't wait to see how my ghost set will look like with helmet!;)

I don't agreed... I mean masks with this VU.. it won't look good and it will be to hard for ma to do. So they must replace it will helmets instead.
It will look better that way, btw CAN't wait to see how my ghost set will look like with helmet!;)

That's ok m8, if we all agreed the world would be a very boring place :) But I fail to see how it is more difficult to re-do masks than to swap them for helmets?? It's not like all helmets use the same model atm so there would need to be different models no matter if masks stay or morph into helmets. Designers would need to design something either way.

But if it makes everybody wearing Ghost feel uber by having a helmet then so be it. Also, why are you so sure masks will not look good or even better than they do atm? Do you have inside info at MA or is your opinion of what looks good better than an ava that says it doesn't?

Again, I hope masks stay and I hope we can agree to disagree :)

That's ok m8, if we all agreed the world would be a very boring place :) But I fail to see how it is more difficult to re-do masks than to swap them for helmets?? It's not like all helmets use the same model atm so there would need to be different models no matter if masks stay or morph into helmets. Designers would need to design something either way.

I think the problem with masks is that atm they just attach to your face. With new and better graphics it would look wierd with masks that just sit on your face, with no visual means of helping it stay in place. Of course that could be redesigned with something going around your head.

But if it makes everybody wearing Ghost feel uber by having a helmet then so be it. Also, why are you so sure masks will not look good or even better than they do atm? Do you have inside info at MA or is your opinion of what looks good better than an ava that says it doesn't?

Actually, to be a bit more fair, it would be more right to point fingers at everyone who refused to wear ghost armor because it did not have a helmet. In my opinion it was the people who were smarter that used ghost and the vain those used nemesis or other equally hyped helmet armors. ;)

Again, I hope masks stay and I hope we can agree to disagree :)
Well if I put it this way.. The masks atm is cartoonish.. How are they suppost to make the armor look just like the mask without cartoonish? and the cartoonish eyes.. and mouth?? They must change it to helmets.. That will be alot more better/easier
and if they don't... The update will look half done. unless they make really nice masks.. without cartoonish colour, mouth, face, and eyes.

way cool cant w8 for update!

Well I hope they don't change all masks to helmets.

Some people have faces to keep hidden which haven't been seen in 4 years, you know...

Nice post :D Anyone knows how pixie going to look=? would be nice to know:)

i BET IT WILL BE GOLD :):wtg: and black:) stripes with helmet;):D

HeHe;) Then it would look lite an Uber armor and maby het an nice Markup :p

I must say I'm really glad with the prospects of the new VU. With better graphics I'm sure a lot more people will be interested and although I would gladly see quite some other things fixed, I'm always happy with a result that will attract a larger player base.

Make it nice MA! ;)

Everyone get your hands on the ugly clothes, because u know when they look awesome the prices are going to go up... (Hobb Jackets)

wonder if newcomers will have a different sort of clothes when they start:)

I think the problem with masks is that atm they just attach to your face. With new and better graphics it would look wierd with masks that just sit on your face, with no visual means of helping it stay in place. Of course that could be redesigned with something going around your head.

Actually, to be a bit more fair, it would be more right to point fingers at everyone who refused to wear ghost armor because it did not have a helmet. In my opinion it was the people who were smarter that used ghost and the vain those used nemesis or other equally hyped helmet armors. ;)

lol they just add a rubberband to the facemask with 2 holes so you can strap it round your head :)

as for the nemesis vs ghost, ghost has far more decay than nemesis, some think not but I know it does. (due to the more total protection, thus the minimal decay what you get is higher)

Last edited:
wonder if newcomers will have a different sort of clothes when they start:)

Sure they will.
Colonist Standard Issue Pleat Coat (orange, of course)
Colonist Standard Issue Malachai Lava shades (orange edition)
etc

Or, more realistic, something like that:

new-oj.jpg

Note that body hair, you'll be able to get the same from Sorg! :silly2:

Sure they will.
etc

new-oj.jpg

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Indeed, But I hope that they do some other colour instead of just orange black xD:wtg:

Sure they will.
etc

new-oj.jpg

Borate's pants in EU -- lol it too mutch.. MA leave grafic lol -- it's good enof now

Ofcourse the standard clothes wont be different, its the whole point that you want to get rid of the ugly noob outfit so you buy good for nothing clothes for your ped instead of hunting and get the globals.

I think the new models will just look like the basic pattern pants and shirt, only still orange and black.

Sure they will.
etc

new-oj.jpg

...No comment...and I can't give you any more rep...it must be spread!

Reactions: RR1
Does any one know when will be available for download?

Or if will it be a totally new download or just an upgrade?
:cool:

Back