VirtualTycoon

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

How much would it cost to get this app remade?

It's archaic and barely works.

Just tell us what is needed and I'm sure the community could pull together to get it done!

Cheers,
The Great Adventurer

I would love to see a functional app like Virtual Tycoon.

Sometimes, I don't want to, or can't, log in on my PC to manage and watch my auctions. Since Crafting is mostly AFK stuff I can see a use case for that.

Additional use cases for a mobile app:
  • Society Chat / Management
  • Buying and opening Strongboxes.
  • Depositing / Withdrawing
  • Purchasing Advertising
  • LA Management ( messages, events, tax rates. Not DNA, Fertilizer. that makes sense it needs to be done by your avatar )

Somewhat off topic, I'd love an in game way to view auctions and place bids without being at an auctioneer. I'm not suggesting you can get items delivered when you are in the field; you'd still have to visit an auctioneer to pick it up. Just that IRL, I can place an order via my phone anywhere on the planet. But in EU, and spacefaring society that has colonized multiple planets with warp drive technology can only place an auction order face to face with an auctioneer is silly! Create a portable auction terminal, like TT and Repair.

With Unreal Engine 5, there is easily achievable potential to have the full Entropia experience on your smartphone.

I think overhauling the VirtualTycoon app will likely be a waste of time since the UE5 announcement.

With Unreal Engine 5, there is easily achievable potential to have the full Entropia experience on your smartphone.

I think overhauling the VirtualTycoon app will likely be a waste of time since the UE5 announcement.
That would be interesting.

hunting simulator hell yea, put in ped and simulate 50 hour hunt xD

How much would it cost to get this app remade?

It's archaic and barely works.

Just tell us what is needed and I'm sure the community could pull together to get it done!

Cheers,
The Great Adventurer

I think a better idea would be to put out an API instead. Then the community can make their own light weight Entropia apps and MA don't have to spend time or resources on making/maintaining one.

If you give me 50 PED, I'll give you back 40. Simulation complete. Meet at twins.
That's the funniest Entropia Joke I've heard since my soc mate described a miner as "you see? look how it runs... then drops a ped on the floor... then runs again... and drops another ped on the floor.... it is indeed a strange creature"

Yeah the virtual tycoon app should be awesome but it just is not a polished product and is very tricky to use. Some slight improvements and I think it could be truely epic. Hopefully UE5 brings some much needed love to this unpolished gem.

This is a tricky subject to raise... since it's technically not allowed.... I've not used Virtual Tycoon for a while so not sure how well it works at the moment or what the issues are... but, if they are minor, I wonder if a player with appropriate android skills could fix it up? Save MA the trouble.

Back