Visa Gift card Depo?

kingjehu

Prowler
Society
Skillin Villans
Jehu Da King
Does anyone know if you can deposit using a Visa gift card through the regular credit card deposit system in EU?

thanks

Sure can!

You can also use paypals generated prepaid credit card things too!

I use greendotonline prepaid credit cards, just make sure u dont get the walmart card one, it wont work!

One (important) query about these I've had for a while...
Is the deposit limit still in effect with these cards? On my normal cards (visa/mastercard) iirc there was a deposit limit of 500 or 200ped per month until I entered the code displayed on my statement.
Will this limit be in effect if I were to switch to using pre-payed VISA's? Or now that I've entered the code on my other card, is my deposit limit 30k PED for all cards past, present and future (as it is on my currently registered credit cards)?

Thanks in advance for any insight! :yay::wtg::broke::eek:

One (important) query about these I've had for a while...
Is the deposit limit still in effect with these cards? On my normal cards (visa/mastercard) iirc there was a deposit limit of 500 or 200ped per month until I entered the code displayed on my statement.
Will this limit be in effect if I were to switch to using pre-payed VISA's? Or now that I've entered the code on my other card, is my deposit limit 30k PED for all cards past, present and future (as it is on my currently registered credit cards)?

Thanks in advance for any insight! :yay::wtg::broke::eek:

For the Vanilla Pre Paid Mastercard, the limit of 200 ped a month is still in effect.
(Had one, and tried it out).

I've used lots of them, visa and mastercard. Depending on how many you use in a month, you might have to use the FPC website to delete the old cards when the max number has been reached. Not sure what the max is, but the dead cards stay until you remove them.

200 dollar limit seems kinda low, my maximum monthly limit says 30k... but then, I've never been in a position to put it to the test :)

For the Vanilla Pre Paid Mastercard, the limit of 200 ped a month is still in effect.
(Had one, and tried it out).

Thanks for the heads up!
Just to clarify - did you have a previously registered card with the usual 30k PED limit open to you, when you tried the gift card?

dont worry about the limit

dont worry about the limit... I got a 50$ card once and couldnt depo more than 200 peds then wait 1 month and depo the rest.. so I made a support.. they upped my limit to 500 peds for this card and I could deposit it all at once

Yes... BUT...

Yes, it does work, BUT you have to get one that is not "Domestic Only" and no green dot... ALSO... Please be aware that the price of using this card will cost you more than a normal deposit will, just in a different way... You get hit with the bank's fees when you purchase the card... and the lower the value of the card the more you pay... so like a 20.00 card ends up costing you 5% up front as you pay for it in the store... and MA's bank will zap another 3.5% for a total loss of about 8.5% BEFORE anything is added to the pedcard! With normal debit cards, it's like 3.5% from both banks for a 6-7% loss...

If you do choose to stick with this method... use higher priced cards... low ones have higher up front fees vs how many dollars it is... so like a low dollar 20.00 one might cost you 5% up front, a 30.00 one might cost you 4.5% up front, a 50.00 one might cost you 4% up front, and a 100.00 one might cost you 3% up front or something like that.

As far as limits go... it usually works, but you might have to enter a code to make it work... Most Visa gift cards let you see the online statement instantly so you can grab the code in like half an hour as soon as you try to enter the card on MA's site.

Thanks mastermesh - I was aware of the costs and the fact I was going to buy a large one was the reason for the questions about the limit.
The way the cards work in our country is that there is a set fee involved.
eg: buy a $20 card for $28.50 or a $2000 card for $2008.50

It's only going to be a one time thing as I'm currently looking at getting a debit card, solely for EU :ahh:

When I created my account, I used two of those prepaid cards to fund it. I made sure that the ones I used had online access, so I was able to get the verification codes. But, realistically, if you have an existing account, I have to believe that they'll wave the limit for you.

Thanks for the heads up!
Just to clarify - did you have a previously registered card with the usual 30k PED limit open to you, when you tried the gift card?

Np! The first time I deposited was with the Vanilla Pre Paid Mastercard. Never deposited before that. So no previously registered card with the usual 30k PED limit.

Back