Forum Beaver
Society
Entropia Directory
Andone mrproper Andrei
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

VU 8.6 Content List
ENTROPIA UNIVERSE VERSION UPDATE 8.6
2006-09-18

*** PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT! ***

VERSION UPDATE FEATURES

New Physics Engine
As part of the ongoing enhancement of the Entropia Universe, MindArk are proud to announce the implementation of the 'PhysX' physics engine by AGEIA. The AGEIA PhysX engine delivers the computing horsepower necessary to enable true, advanced physics in the Entropia Universe.

This first implementation stage will allow MindArk to greatly enhance the Entropia Universe with exciting new features during the coming seasons.

New Oxford
Excavations have continued under the Hjorten building in New Oxford. Archeologists and mining teams have found ancient artifacts that may suggest prehistoric inhabitants in this area. A range of new shops and boutiques have been installed in what is now known as Thorkell's Tomb. Excavations in these underground regions will continue and are sure to involve more surprises.

Creature AI
Creature AI has been boosted to now include animal herding behaviors and enhanced interactions between creatures and their surroundings.

Graphics
Avatars clothing and armor have been adjusted to reduce small glitches and missing textures.

Plastic Surgery
A number of new face types have been added to the plastic surgeon profession.

Mining
The ingredients needed for the mining amp blueprints OA-101 and MA-101, bought from the technician, have been adjusted to make the recipe slightly easier and the resulting items of a better condition.

Advertising
A range of new background images have been added for participant created advertisements.

New Items
Many new items have been added to the Entropia Universe.

New Actions
Two new actions: Rotate Left and Rotate Right, have been added to the Action Library.

Shops
Bags and Shopkeepers can now be repaired without having to empty their contents.

Team
The Team Interface can now be moved.

Teleporters
The teleporter list no longer opens automatically when you walk onto the teleporter. Simply click the operate action when on the teleporter to activate the list now.

Hangars
The door between the control room and the space ship hangar now opens automatically.

Old HUD Icons
Old HUD Icons have been removed from the Cybernetics and Small Items categories of the Inventory.

Stables
Stables that were to close to Fort Argus and Fort Zeus have been moved to reduce animals fear at being stabled.

Other Enhancements
  • The PvP zone has been removed from around New Oxford.
  • Distracting messages, received by pressing movement keys while using certain terminals or viewing items info, have been corrected.
  • The difficult stairs up to NeverDies VIP bar on the asteroid have been fixed.
  • The Options Icon has been changed.
  • An auctioneer has been placed in the Shinook Jungle outpost.
  • The cannon towers have been upgraded with a new design.
  • The jukebox in Fort Fury is working properly again.
Entropia Directory - VU Sneak Preview (and updates)

-------------------------
Edit notes:

- Mobs now cuddle a bit in the form of stringed groups and it may happen for big atrox to group toghether so when you go over the hill and see one, charging, you notice the others are charging too!

- As above, if you use too much time killing a mob, the surrounding mobs will get closer to the one you are attacking and may charge you

- When hit, mobs stop moving for an instant. When turning they stop moving. This helps hunting allot. - fixed

- When mobs change direction, they don't "sling the curve" anymore. They turn and run to you in a perfect straight line, wich actually makes them easier to hit, this is because...

- The position of your avatars and mobs are stored on the server and sent to the clients. Your client will only send movemement vectors. This means you may lag in movememnt, but not in position. Actual lag is now visible as the client gets the position from the server and can't supply it's own. What you see is everybody else sees!

- Due to the above, now hitting a tp under lag is hard, since you have to operate them, and your avatar may go on ahead after the tp and sling back with the new physics.

- Turrets and NPCs follow you around and are sometimes bugged.

- /emotes now work again! Even inline text ones like lol and afk

- Jumping after this VU cumplements the last VU running upgrade, turning any avatar into a sissy

- Many of Amethera's lands have been terraformed with palm trees instead of the tall trees and specific terrains.

- Stackable ammo/mines from the TT doesn't stack properly, max 2 piles stacked toghether (eg. 2k ammo if bought 1k stacks, 2 probes if bought 1 probes stacks..).

- Several old bugs have returned, such as sliding bugs, MF bugs, equipment bugs, PM chat windows. - partially fixed

- Hides now take up 6 squares in the inventory, literraly expanding and popping my items around the storage.

- The Storage Facility, Repair Terminal and Trade Terminal lost their loading progress bar and associated useless Cancel button, you now have to guess if it's loading or not and just wait.

- The refiner is now operating "properly" in the matter of not needing a CLEAR before a new refine job.

Last edited:
Entropia Universe Version Update 8.6
18 Sep 2006

The Entropia Universe servers will be temporarily unavailable while we implement VU 8.6 between:

2006.09.18 07:30 and 2006.09.18 11:30 UTC

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

weeee new VU coming :p but still 4h is a looong time :O

Warewolf said:
18 Sep 2006

The Entropia Universe servers will be temporarily unavailable while we implement VU 8.6 between:

4 Hours could mean it's a big one, or it could mean they are serious in wanting to make sure it goes in properly.

Well, in that case, I better go and do some work, so I can try it out later, or i'll feel bad, if I just hang around for 4 hours not working. :(

Wee :) Good I cannot hunt untill monday then :) But still fun to see another VU comming up :)

Warewolf said:
18 Sep 2006

Ingame Time: 7:28 now... how about that, right on time... maybe we can get in in less than half an hour... anyway, keep this topic only for content listing, there is a new one about the VU here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38347

I hope they fix the loud ass music that plays while you entering your gold card# :wise:

Hopefully they fix the lootpool again lol last days mining only was urghhhh :tongue2:

what the hell was the point of this post ? there's no list out...

e-lite said:

Patience grasshoper!

I just wanted to be topicstarter before anyone starts more stupid threads...

mrproper said:
Patience grasshoper!

You mean you wanted to be the first to post the info! (when it comes out) :D

mrproper said:
Patience grasshoper!

So with "more" you are saing this also is a stupid thread :laugh:

mrproper said:
Patience grasshoper!

Why would a empty thread with spam only be betetr than one with content matches the topic?
get a life and stop spamming the forum.

hoooray! time to get some hunting stuff together :)

Oh why, dear why do I have to be outside in the freakin' sun when the new VU comes? Seems I have a job interview just the same time the servers will go up again. :(

Maybe I should stay home and blast some snables as soon as it's possible? :rolleyes:

Hrafninn said:
Oh why, dear why do I have to be outside in the freakin' sun when the new VU comes? Seems I have a job interview just the same time the servers will go up again. :(

Maybe I should stay home and blast some snables as soon as it's possible? :rolleyes:

Nah, see what marcus said above, I need a life, so I'll be on driving to my job now, you should go to that interview, the VU will probably suck anyway for most of us...

e-lite said:

i agree anoyed me to see this with no info, there's always been a race to get the list up after vu (part of fun lol) but good god a race to get the placeholder thread 1st thats just SAD :rolleyes:

Sad

Too bad I have to bee at school when the VU goes online :(

mrproper said:
Patience grasshoper!

grasshoppers.jpg

mrproper said:
Can't rep you anymore... ROFLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get wierd when I am on the caffeine trip :(

e-lite said:
I get wierd when I am on the caffeine trip :(

Dont we all!

Bit disapointed was hoping for info too. Perhaps not the best way to do it, but live and learn.

Sonya Heart said:
Dont we all!

Bit disapointed was hoping for info too. Perhaps not the best way to do it, but live and learn.

MA keeps us in the dark, what do you expect me to write :)

mrproper said:
MA keeps us in the dark, what do you expect me to write :)

I guess wait for them to actually realease the patch notes, However we would have all figured them out for ourselves by then...:)

Sonya Heart said:
I guess wait for them to actually realease the patch notes, However we would have all figured them out for ourselves by then...:)

My apologies, however as you can see there are no extra topics now, and hopefully I will be online to include all the needed information to bring any reader of the first post up to date with the new VU.

So all is not lost, especially when hundreds of users now know where the information will first be available and copiled.

mrproper said:
My apologies, however as you can see there are no extra topics now, and hopefully I will be online to include all the needed information to bring any reader of the first post up to date with the new VU.

So all is not lost, especially when hundreds of users now know where the information will first be available and copiled.

Fair enough. I give it 1 hour until the first "Anyone seen any patch notes" thread appears though :D

Sonya Heart said:
Fair enough. I give it 1 hour until the first "Anyone seen any patch notes" thread appears though :D

and several "i cannot login" threads :)

okay let me reveal one of the main contents of the VU marco told me while our daily meeting to discuss and distribute the loots for the day:

a new clientloader.exe and pe.exe :wise:

steffel said:
and several "i cannot login" threads :)

okay let me reveal one of the main contents of the VU marco told me while our daily meeting to discuss and distribute the loots for the day:

a new clientloader.exe and pe.exe :wise:

Added to the list...

Back