Watch out for this

Simon Great

Dominant
Society
Silly Underground Family
Simon Great Great
Hi people,

Was looking for an Isis LC 35 on auction, found this one pretty suspicious..
Average mu for this is arround 6800 %, so 68 ped. This mistake can be made if you're clicking on the lowest / highest BO. I almost clicked it myself, good that I double checked.

+ Really don't think this is made by accident. :wise:
Simon

<removed image showing avatar name and making scam accusation>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty for showing that...you can never be to careful, and all on the forum can never see these enough...

Even people who yell at you for making threads like this sometimes end up getting screwed. There was one in July even :D

This trick I see a lot.

Usually its names we never heard of, but even famous people do it. One famous guy has done at least 10 listings for a BP with a perfect 10000% mu that he keeps trying to sell for +10000 hoping someone accidentally bids...

Always look 5 times!

Before burning the guy did you check the tiers? Even with all at 3000 it seems pricey though :)

Before burning the guy did you check the tiers? Even with all at 3000 it seems pricey though :)

All tiers are under tiernumber 50.. So things are still pointing in one direction :)

Crone doesn't know the seller either, but it could very well be possible he made the same mistake you almost did. In this case it cost him what, 20 ped? Fake auctions are usually with a reasonable start bid, right?

More BS....this guy listing all the ELMs with an extra "0" hoping people auto sort and dont look closely.

<removed images>

This was no mistake!
I saw 4 actions from the same guy, using the same technique.

I thought about making a post here too, but I know everything would get deleted or moded!

This was no mistake!
I saw 4 actions from the same guy, using the same technique.

I thought about making a post here too, but I know everything would get deleted or moded!

Yes I find it immoral to delete posts like this... he made himself public by making a public auction....this is a grey area that PCF needs to clear up....If they are on auction, they can be named!!!!!!

If someone make a mistake that mistake can occur once, twice top if it is "slow".
But this is a serial offence!

PCF should put this on front page NOT delete it! :mad:

To me PCF is like this:

I hear screams of a girl in a park, I come and check, see 100% that she is getting r.aped by some ass, yet, someone comes to me, puts a hand in front of me, and says: We cant be sure so just close your eyes and move along like you saw nothing.

I cant believe that obvious shitheads get protected by this forum...

Im pretty sure that one day I will be banned from this forum cause I just cant take this BS anymore :laugh:
<removed>

r.ape

noun
a plant, Brassica napus, of the mustard family, whose leaves are used for food for hogs, sheep, etc., and whose seeds yield r.ape oil.

r.aped

They even changed the name of that to Canola so it doesn't have the stigma.

And thanks to the OP for posting this,helps to know who not to trade with in future.

Last edited:
This is a scam, and it's publicly out there via in-game auction (all to see). There's the possibility this is an honest mistake, but I put on auction 5 types of weapons, and almost all categories had the same person selling at the same outrageous MU (looks like any other MU with the added zero). This is not a grey area, and should be publicly posted to warn everyone of this SCAM.

You people do understand that this is technically not a scam, right?
You can go sell a nova fragment for a million ped, if some dumb ass buys it, you're in luck, and it would only be his darn problem for not checking the price. There are no rules for what a price of a specific item must be, but people just have to write the same endless BS threads every time someone tries to do so... And it is nothing new :)

Better go play, cycle some ped, maybe returns won't be so terrible.

You people do understand that this is technically not a scam, right?
You can go sell a nova fragment for a million ped, if some dumb ass buys it, you're in luck, and it would only be his darn problem for not checking the price. There are no rules for what a price of a specific item must be, but people just have to write the same endless BS threads every time someone tries to do so... And it is nothing new :)

Better go play, cycle some ped, maybe returns won't be so terrible.

You can go sell a nova fragment for a million ped, if some dumb ass buys it, you're in luck, and it would only be his darn problem for not checking the price.....There are no rules for what a price of a specific item must be,

Look up the definition of "scam". There's something called market value, and within that ballpark is reasonable. Quick sale you go for less, time on your hands, you go for more. Try selling these guns on the forum and you'll get laughed at. By going through the in-game auction, by the way, notorious for mistakes happening, this seller is trying to scheme a stupid amount of ped 10X the market value. You can go into the technical issues, but that's just muddying the waters on the issue and a foolish thing to do (supporting this behavior by defending it?). It's a scam by trying to look like a legitimate asking price (an added zero can be easily overlooked) and hoping someone is suckered into buying it.

I am totally not saying this is pretty, and I don't endorse it, but it's not really against the rules either. Many MANY years ago when percentage based sales was first introduced into Entropia (was this 2005 or 2006?), I used to do this quite a lot on material stacks and made quite a lot of money. I did refund a few people that actually contacted me about it, because I didn't want to be a d1ck about it. But all the ones that didn't contact me, I just went with the flow. Of course, I very soon felt that it was morally wrong and haven't done it since then.

Last edited:
I am totally not saying this is pretty, and I don't endorse it, but it's not really against the rules either. Many MANY years ago when percentage based sales was first introduced into Entropia (was this 2005 or 2006?), I used to do this quite a lot on material stacks and made quite a lot of money. I did refund a few people that actually contacted me about it, because I didn't want to be a d1ck about it. But all the ones that didn't contact me, I just went with the flow. Of course, I very soon felt that it was morally wrong and haven't done it since then.

Hit the nail on the head. Morals. Too bad EU is full of (some) people willing to exploit real money out of people. Plus rep for pointing this out. Yes, you can do the scam thing and take advantage of this flawed system, but at the end of the day, why not do what's right?

Hit the nail on the head. Morals. Too bad EU is full of (some) people willing to exploit real money out of people. Plus rep for pointing this out. Yes, you can do the scam thing and take advantage of this flawed system, but at the end of the day, why not do what's right?

I totally agree. After a while I felt really bad about it, which is why I stopped. Back then you didn't get any notification either of whom that bought your stuff, so it was kinda easy to just see the PED number and forget about the people behind it.

Pretty disgusting to see that my original post got edited. The original idea was to get people notified about this, so that 'this person' doesn't make any (more) 'victims'. Showing this person's name was a bet I took, but how else can you inform people without giving this person's name. As Taco pointed out, he's doing it with several guns now. This could only be found thanks to the name that was given. It seems that, in the end, the 'good people' always have to take a step back. I guess we have to stand aside and watch..

... how else can you inform people without giving this person's name. ...

/mod note/
Nonsense.

Warning people that - whether intentionally or unintentionally - items are being placed on auction at an elevated markup is fine. It warns forum members to take greater care than usual in making a purchase.

Accusing a specific avatar is another.
1. They may be innocent - and just really bad at maths. (Some people are, after all. And there are kids that play - even though the ToU say they should be over 13, I've come across kids a lot younger).
2. Even if this avatar is trying to take advantage: if everyone is just diligently making sure they don't buy from [XYZ], they're vulnerable to exactly the same ploy from [jkl].

The Rationale for forum rule 2.13 - Scamming Accusation thread is here: (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-shaming-quot-forum-rule&highlight=rationale)

It can be summarised as:
1. It is better to alert people to scam practices and to show them how to be vigilant, how not to leave themselves vulnerable, rather than to tell them to look out for specific avatars.
2. Naming a specific avatar will only alert a scammer he's been found out, thus possibly causing the scammer to get a new account.
3. Scammers will regularly get new accounts in any case.

Reactions: 711
Pretty disgusting to see that my original post got edited. The original idea was to get people notified about this, so that 'this person' doesn't make any (more) 'victims'. Showing this person's name was a bet I took, but how else can you inform people without giving this person's name. As Taco pointed out, he's doing it with several guns now. This could only be found thanks to the name that was given. It seems that, in the end, the 'good people' always have to take a step back. I guess we have to stand aside and watch..

If he is doing it in multiple places, then explain the items in question and let people look them up. It's out there.

Pcf has a no naming policy because it will always get abused whether it is justified in this case or not. You don't have to agree with it but you have to understand why such a thing is in place and appreciate it when you've made an error and someone tries to run you through the mud and destroy your reputation (which is a VERY fragile thing).

Back