Question: Weapon dmg Enchanser`s

Mary Mary

Dominant
Society
The Ministry
Mary Mary J-Star
Not really sure where to post this topic, so feel free to move it to a suitable place.
Im trying to wrap my head around enchanser on weapons. How can i calculate the economical use of damage enchansers, and how do they really work. Is the decay based on ammo use or just decay/click unrelated to ammo use of the gun? can you for example tier a opalo to tier 10 and have a equal eco on the enchanser as you got on any other type of weapon considering the dmg/sec? How dose it work ? Did`nt really know how to put the question down to words, but hope you understand what im after.. Thank you and happy new year :D

/Mary

subscribing... :)

From what I have been able to gather with damage enhancers, they break randomly.

But you can figure about 1 break every 1k shots no matter what weapon you use it on. On an Opalo, this would hurt the eco of the weapon more than it would hurt the Eco of say an LR32.

As far as the % drop in eco just by equipping the enhancer, that is directly related to the eco of the gun.

In other words, your Opalo will decay 10% faster with an enhancer equipped, but will do 10% more damage. The same would be true for the LR32 I mentioned earlier in this post.

Thank you for that info, think this should be a bigger discussion, need more ppl to bring their experience.

Ok so basicly, the higer ammo burn on the weapon (considering the ammo burn match,es the dmg/sec) the more eco ?

And than the Mu of the enchanser decides how economical use of enchansers is?

eco is dmg/pec

dmg enhancers increase dmg/sec. So dmg enhancers do not increase eco, at all

when you slap an amp on a weapon that has a different (read better) eco then your gun gets a better eco. But you need to consider your amp as ammo (amp decay= ammo) and ofcourse the extra ammo it takes to use it when attached. So while you repaired your amp (say an a105) then you already bought 43 ped worth of ammo.

when you put a dmg enhancer on a weapon, the weapon decays more and it consumes more ammo, until it breaks.
You pay for the extra dmg/sec, not for the extra dmg/pec (because there is none). So you simply turn a karma killer into an ep-41 and an ep-41 into a m2930 me with enhancers.

So all in all any dmg/enhancer simply makes your gun less eco, since dmg enhancers cost ped, and do not increase your dmg/pec.

Now if you hunt high regen mobs, then having more dmg/sec would mean killing the mob faster, which could lead to better dmg/pec. But this is not intrinsic in the weapon, you are shooting the wrong weapon for the mob in the first place. But when you cannot afford the next weapon, then using enhancers in this case is a smart thing. (especially if the weapon costs 1000's of ped , ep-41 vs m2930 me)
Or using enhancers during Merry Mayhem where more dmg/sec could lead to a better outcome and thus prices.

eco is dmg/pec

dmg enhancers increase dmg/sec. So dmg enhancers do not increase eco, at all

when you slap an amp on a weapon that has a different (read better) eco then your gun gets a better eco. But you need to consider your amp as ammo (amp decay= ammo) and ofcourse the extra ammo it takes to use it when attached. So while you repaired your amp (say an a105) then you already bought 43 ped worth of ammo.

when you put a dmg enhancer on a weapon, the weapon decays more and it consumes more ammo, until it breaks.
You pay for the extra dmg/sec, not for the extra dmg/pec (because there is none). So you simply turn a karma killer into an ep-41 and an ep-41 into a m2930 me with enhancers.

So all in all any dmg/enhancer simply makes your gun less eco, since dmg enhancers cost ped, and do not increase your dmg/pec.

Now if you hunt high regen mobs, then having more dmg/sec would mean killing the mob faster, which could lead to better dmg/pec. But this is not intrinsic in the weapon, you are shooting the wrong weapon for the mob in the first place. But when you cannot afford the next weapon, then using enhancers in this case is a smart thing. (especially if the weapon costs 1000's of ped , ep-41 vs m2930 me)
Or using enhancers during Merry Mayhem where more dmg/sec could lead to a better outcome and thus prices.

Thank you Spawn, old soc`y.. That actually shad allot of light on the subject :cool:

During Mayhem i used damage enhancers on my UL AL24 @tier 4 in the beginning and @tier 5 at the middle

I wrote a little program to calculate enhancer brake rate, average damage, real damage per second based on the chat.log

The result(out of my head):
@Tier4: average break after over 500 shots
@Tier5: average break after under 400 shots

At the moment my tool is in a bad state and was enough for myself during mayhem but it is far away from usable if you do not know how it works internally ;-)

Now if you hunt high regen mobs, then having more dmg/sec would mean killing the mob faster, which could lead to better dmg/pec.

i do wonder, how many people are mislead in to believing this?

Well this is how I see it... if it's a puny mob then there is no need for enhancers since you can evade it long enough to kill it. If it is a bigger mob that hits pretty often there is no harm in enhancing a gun so long as it saves me armor decay. Is this stupid? Maybe but that is just my logic behind it..

Oh ya and for events is good too :)

~Danimal

i do wonder, how many people are mislead in to believing this?

you forgot a bit : "But this is not intrinsic in the weapon"

The idea being that killing a high regen mob faster, giving the mob less time to regen until it dies, and thus saving pecs by saving the extra shot (and armour decay)
Some research has suggested that you get payed in higher loot if you shoot with lesser dps at higher regen mobs.
Other people suggest that loot = loot

Some research has suggested that you get payed in higher loot if you shoot with lesser dps at higher regen mobs.
Other people suggest that loot = loot

Loot is directly related to cost to kill so that makes sense :)
More input about the enhancers would be more then welcome!

"The idea being that killing a high regen mob faster, giving the mob less time to regen until it dies, and thus saving pecs by saving the extra shot (and armour decay) "Quote Spawn

But with enchanser, you also use more ammo/shot. ?

(damage)/((cost per shot)+(cost per shot * (tier level/10))+ (amp cost)+((enhancer cost * .8)/(Break rate * 100 * tier level)))

where enhancer cost should be 1 for 100%, 2 for 200%, etc.

This should give the theoretical max DMG/PEC

Subscribing...

Also,

wtf mate?

e.g. combibo is almost dead and it fully regens 5times from death, then you get more loot?
sounds bit weird dont you think? show me that research..

Also have you noticed there are NO weapon speed enhancers?
iwould sooo want to make a machinegun finally :rolleyes:

Subscribing...

Also,

wtf mate?

e.g. combibo is almost dead and it fully regens 5times from death, then you get more loot?
sounds bit weird dont you think? show me that research..

Also have you noticed there are NO weapon speed enhancers?
iwould sooo want to make a machinegun finally :rolleyes:

daspletor with mann mph or mod merc: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ave-Digger-got-bored&highlight=high+regen+dps

some utterly insane tests by jimmyB .. can't find it.

this one is also handy: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tion-rate&highlight=some+utterly+insane+tests

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...eration-rate&p=1607720&viewfull=1#post1607720

Last edited:
Back