What am I doing wrong?

mechawhat

Hatchling
I just joined this game and I must have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

When I double click to build up concentration I guess, it goes through the little time bar thingy and then nothing happens.

Is this supposed to happen? I run around and get like a successful attempt every 100 tries or something around that number and I'm wondering if I'm either just bad at this, or if it's normal for it to be like that at lower levels.

I don't move or do anything when concentration is building up, and the animal is always right in front of me.

Help?:confused:

I agree with Mega. I read that post when I started and it made things a little easier. In EU its realy rocky the first few weeks you play. It gets better. Just keep asking questions because there is lots of guides out there that go into detail with your issues most of the time.

I did read that thread.

I'm just wondering if you succeed sweating because of luck, or if it's based on your sweating level? Do levels do anything in this game?

It couldn't be because I didn't aim properly or something, as I was doing it spot on. I have been getting more aqnd more success rates though and I'm just assuming it's because my sweating skill is increasing.

Thanks.

That and the fact that each time you get hit your evade skills increases slightly meaning the mobs will actually miss you every now and then. Getting hit less frequent will also improve your success rate.

Good luck mate, hope to meet you ingame. :)

I never had to use a tool to sweat, so was easier a while back when i started 4 yrs ago

I'm just wondering if you succeed sweating because of luck, or if it's based on your sweating level?

The SG skill was introduced to limit sweatgathering. After a while, you would get a message 'you are too intune with the universe to gather any more sweat'. This message has been disabled, which means effectively there is no limit. Otherwise, it has no use.

This also means sweatgathering is the same for everyone, the only difference is that the longer you stay alive, the more time you actively gather sweat. And, for that you need the defensive skills which you get from being attacked.

So, keep going, don't run if you get attacked, and keep aiming.

I did read that thread.

I'm just wondering if you succeed sweating because of luck, or if it's based on your sweating level? Do levels do anything in this game?

It couldn't be because I didn't aim properly or something, as I was doing it spot on. I have been getting more aqnd more success rates though and I'm just assuming it's because my sweating skill is increasing.

Thanks.

The sweating skill doesn't realy assist you much in getting more sweat or failing less. You will always fail. Other skills tho do help you acomplish their tasks more efficently.

The thing with sweating you may notice is if somone walks infront of you while your sweating or your cross hairs fall of the mob because it runs away you will fail at that attempt.

Yeah, I noticed when someone... "interrupts"... your line of sight with the mob, you auto-fail the sweat gather. It's incredibly annoying if you're on a dry streak, finally get one, and some random dude runs through, lol. Oh well.

I have a couple unrelated questions if you guys still feel like helping a newbie. Where do I get new weapons and armor when I get enough money? Right now I'm in my undies because I unequipped my default gear, and apparently you have to repair anything before you can equip it again?

I've also noticed some armor says it can't be repaired, so, what kind of items do I want to look towards getting? And I can;t tell the difference between which ammo goes with which gun and what's the difference between guns and sword... things.

I really wish there was a more descriptive guide. :scratch2:

Thanks.

I really wish there was a more descriptive guide. :scratch2:

Apparently you haven't read alice's sweating tutorial very well, because below it, it has a link to her guide at http://rp.apachenet.de
It answers all those questions you just asked, and many, many more you are going to ask if somebody answers just these.

Apparently you haven't read alice's sweating tutorial very well, because below it, it has a link to her guide at http://rp.apachenet.de
It answers all those questions you just asked, and many, many more you are going to ask if somebody answers just these.

Ah, sorry, I didn't see it over on the right in her signature. Thank you.:)

Edit - All I found were a bunch of random links to the main site and some gaming site, and a tools page with a weapon comparison tool that really only confused me even more. Then the wiki link took me to some generic advert page.

I guess I'll go try and hunt down a more dumbed down guide. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:

I just get a blank page, even when I try to get there myself on her site. I did however find the Entropia wiki thingy. I guess the other wiki on that site I clicked was an outdated version no longer being used.

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to get weapons and stuff that I can repair, as opposed to throwing away once they degrade completely.

I just get a blank page, even when I try to get there myself on her site.

It can take quite a while to load as it's a .pdf file so the page will be blank until it loads. It can take around 5 minutes or more on my connection. Also, make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader or similar downloaded.

It can take quite a while to load as it's a .pdf file so the page will be blank until it loads. It can take around 5 minutes or more on my connection. Also, make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader or similar downloaded.

Aha! It finally loaded. I'm going to save this and read as much as possible at a later date.

Right now I'm just exploring. The map didn't look so big when I first saw it, but then I zoomed in and nearly fell out of my chair.

Thanks guys/girls.:)

Back