What can you do with a hanger

Not wanting to disrespect the late pop star, it would have been ludicrous for MA or a planet partner to add that as a planet.
100% it was going to happen, I remember hearing the news about it back in the day (I'm still traumatized to this very day by the memory of the announcement of Planet Michael) Everyone I knew in game at that time was taking about it, I was ready to bail from a sinking ship once it became a reality, I believe MindArk dodged a bullet a real company destroying merger when it all fell through, Lucky for them! and I didn't have to abandoned ship and swam to safety. Woot!

It also makes no sense having hangars that aren't or can't be used - as hangars. Another point that comes to mind is that it doesn't make sense having hangars at all when they are not needed to get into EU space.

Even weirder... there was (is?) a "space base" on Calypso... this (these? more than one?) too never got used for space travel either...

MindArks vehicle concepts were outsourced, Meaning they were created by 3rd party developers, This fact is present in a lot of the 3d assets found within EU unfortunately. From a conceptual design perspective outsourcing can create a very disjointed environment given that one or a team of artists are not working on one specific area with a shared vision on what the environment or things that existed within the world space aesthetically should adhere too, When building and designing Planet Arkadia I and everyone on the team had a shared vision, You can see this design philosophy in Planet Cyrene also, Project Entropia/EU did once follow this design philosophy but it was slowly lost and somewhat abandoned with the move to the Cryengine and the introduction of planet partners, "would you believe there was even going to be a Michael Jackson Planet at one point" talk about cringey, disjointed and not making sense. So no wonder the VTOL makes no logical sense as a spacefaring vessel, "Supposedly" with the update to the Unreal Engine5 MindArk is going to correct this by having a shared visual style "Stylized Realism" something close to the mmorpg Wildstar comes to mind aesthetically, Though there are many other factors that can throw MindArks good design intentions off the rails, one of them being player created content. Who knows how it's going to end up for sure as we the players are all on this roller coaster together just hoping not to get hit in the face with vomit.

I always got the impression that thrusters on VTOLs was originally intended to be, or maybe should have been, just a temporary thing until the other ships that actually look like space ships arrived. Just me?

I always got the impression that thrusters on VTOLs was originally intended to be, or maybe should have been, just a temporary thing until the other ships that actually look like space ships arrived. Just me?
When the VTOL was first introduced into the game the cockpit was vastly different from what it is now, It was like a bubble and would open up, Though the glass bubble had a support frame accross the middle that obstructed the view from within the cockpit while in first person, Everyone I knew and myself included complained about it, So MindArk changed it to the model we have today, At some point I believe MindArk had plans to make some of the vehicles a little more immersive by giving animations to cockpits ect, Opening and closing, When I was working for Arkadia Studios there was a concept going around of adding animations to the player avatars so players could see their avatar climbing out of and getting into vehicles, MindArk rejected the concept on the grounds that players prefer to enter and exit vehicles quickly to drop mines and do other activities, The counter argument to this was, What if the animations could be turned on or off? Guess MindArks answer. Anyway! the point I'm making is the VTOL was never going to be changed and the model was not temporary, Only because hundreds of players complained about the cockpit issue upon its release that it was changed and this possibly sealed the fate of no cool vehicle animations or future model updates to any vehicle. With the coming Unreal Engine5 update MindArk has the opportunity to redesign all the vehicles, Including spacefaring vessels to make them more aesthetically pleasing and fit somewhat logically into a Sci-Fi setting so hopefully no more space VTOL.

100% it was going to happen, I remember hearing the news about it back in the day (I'm still traumatized to this very day by the memory of the announcement of Planet Michael) Everyone I knew in game at that time was taking about it, I was ready to bail from a sinking ship once it became a reality, I believe MindArk dodged a bullet a real company destroying merger when it all fell through, Lucky for them! and I didn't have to abandoned ship and swam to safety. Woot!
Can't imagine an EU version of neverland somehow even if it might have given rock tropia some sort of competition.

Even weirder... there was (is?) a "space base" on Calypso... this (these? more than one?) too never got used for space travel either...
Where was this space base and what did MA do with it?

Can't imagine an EU version of neverland somehow even if it might have given rock tropia some sort of competition.
I highly doubt Planet Michael would have effected Rocktropia at all, Though Planet Michael would have had a disastrous effect on EU as a whole, Particularly given the allegations of what did or didn't happen at neverland behind closed doors, The thought of Planet Michael just makes me physically cringe, We are all so fortunate the concept never came to be a reality.

I highly doubt Planet Michael would have effected Rocktropia at all, Though Planet Michael would have had a disastrous effect on EU as a whole, Particularly given the allegations of what did or didn't happen at neverland behind closed doors, The thought of Planet Michael just makes me physically cringe, We are all so fortunate the concept never came to be a reality.
I can agree with that. Wouldn't have made any sense at all having that as a planet.

Hi! I had a theory that I could possibly get my Avatar on top of one of the Fans in my Hangar, I can place objects on the collision cones of the fan, So it seemed only logic to me that my Avatar would be able to stand on the collision also, I devised a way to climb up to test the theory, Unfortunately it's not possible, As my Avatar is prevented from getting past the collition mesh of the fan and the invisible collision of the Hangar ceiling. :(

Hi! I had a theory that I could possibly get my Avatar on top of one of the Fans in my Hangar, I can place objects on the collision cones of the fan, So it seemed only logic to me that my Avatar would be able to stand on the collision also, I devised a way to climb up to test the theory, Unfortunately it's not possible, As my Avatar is prevented from getting past the collition mesh of the fan and the invisible collision of the Hangar ceiling. :(

I find it amazing you got as far as you did, so 10 out of 10 for trying!

Hangar Movie Night!

"So, now you know what we are…now you know what you are. You’ll never grow old Michael and you’ll never die. But you must feed!“

Last edited:
Where was this space base and what did MA do with it?
Code:
290  Athena Spaceport              Place        71632      68192  (NULL)  Calypso

As for what they did with it... nothing really. They stopped people taking Vehicles there IIRC which was a real sht because we had great fun racing around it during the Atlas Haven Radio race event. They added a few round buildings that had something to with external partners that never amounted to anything. It never seemed to have anything to do with space alas. It's still a cool place to visit though... crazy layout.

There's also this place but I'm not sure if there is anything there.

Code:
   449  North Space Base Docks B      Teleport     88544      93896  (NULL)  Calypso 
   450  North Space Base Docks A      Teleport     88600      94457  (NULL)  Calypso 
   451  North Space Base B            Teleport     88578      95645  (NULL)  Calypso 
   452  North Space Base A            Teleport     88120      96673  (NULL)  Calypso

You did ask "So what can you do with a hanger" The question got me thinking, "Yeah! what can I do with a Hangar?!"
I meant hangar, hanger was just a silly typo...

Hangar Movie Night!

"So, now you know what we are…now you know what you are. You’ll never grow old Michael and you’ll never die. But you must feed!“

How long have you had the estate?

Code:
290  Athena Spaceport              Place        71632      68192  (NULL)  Calypso

As for what they did with it... nothing really. They stopped people taking Vehicles there IIRC which was a real sht because we had great fun racing around it during the Atlas Haven Radio race event. They added a few round buildings that had something to with external partners that never amounted to anything. It never seemed to have anything to do with space alas. It's still a cool place to visit though... crazy layout.

There's also this place but I'm not sure if there is anything there.

Code:
   449  North Space Base Docks B      Teleport     88544      93896  (NULL)  Calypso
   450  North Space Base Docks A      Teleport     88600      94457  (NULL)  Calypso
   451  North Space Base B            Teleport     88578      95645  (NULL)  Calypso
   452  North Space Base A            Teleport     88120      96673  (NULL)  Calypso
That's a shame because it looks like a nice place with those tall mushroom shaped towers, although I've only been to Athena once I think when I was still getting my TPs.

That's a shame because it looks like a nice place with those tall mushroom shaped towers, although I've only been to Athena once I think when I was still getting my TPs.

It's a cool place I always thought it would make a better trading spot than Twin but alas no one ever really ever goes there

How long have you had the estate?
I have had the hangar for a few years, Though I did consider selling the Hangar at one point but I decided to hang onto it, I'm glad in did. I have considered buying another Hangar on many occasions but who knows if I ever will? Again something substantial needs to be done with them and hopefully then, Hangars will finally be useful?. Either way estates are a good investment as they seems to keep their value with very little fluctuation and they are fun to decorate and have guests around for tea and cucumber samwidges.

Last edited:
Apologies I wasn't highlighting your spelling mistake, We all make them it's no big deal, I was just quoting your question. :)
Yeah I realised that, I was just saying - just me being awkward ;)

It's a cool place I always thought it would make a better trading spot than Twin but alas no one ever really ever goes there
Yes it's nice there and Athena's TP is more interesting than the one at twin. Yesterday I flew up to one of those tall towers in my Kraka (L) and landed on the dome-shaped pad but discovered that the landing gear was partially sunk into it lol.

I have had the hangar for a few years, Though I did consider selling the Hangar at one point but I decided to hang onto it, I'm glad in did. I have considered buying another Hangar on many occasions but who knows if I ever will? Again something substantial needs to be done with them and hopefully then, Hangars will finally be useful?. Either way estates are a good investment as they seems to keep their value with very little fluctuation and they are fun to decorate and have guests around for tea and cucumber samwidges.

That's good going, although maybe hangar owners should be able to use all the available space. That would be one substantial thing MA could do.

That's good going, although maybe hangar owners should be able to use all the available space. That would be one substantial thing MA could do.
Yes, Indeed! Hangars are huge, As I have stated many times in this thread, It would be great to be able to utilize the entire Hangar and place objects and decorations anywhere I like and being able to open and close the huge hangar bay door would be good also, The sheer amount of possibilities these two features would open up are endless and create much enjoyment and hilarity. There is a single sentry gun in the hangar bay, Yes it dose work, fisrt thing I did when I bought the Hangar was try and get some mobs into the hangar bay to see if the sentry gun would actually shoot them and it did, Next was to see if I could workout a way to get Mobs into the Hangar without them getting killed by the sentry gun, It's a little tricky to do but I worked out how to do it successfully with every attempt, The mobs will stay at the Hangar doors and only enter halfway into the interior, I can attack, kill and loot them, They can attack and damage my avatar, The sentry gun will not shoot them as the Mobs are out of it's firing arc. (see screen shots)

Last edited:
Yes, Indeed! Hangars are huge, As I have stated many times in this thread, It would be great to be able to utilize the entire Hangar and place objects and decorations anywhere I like and being able to open and close the huge hangar bay door would be good also, The sheer amount of possibilities these two features would open up are endless and create much enjoyment and hilarity. There is a single sentry gun in the hangar bay, Yes it dose work, fisrt thing I did when I bought the Hangar was try and get some mobs into the hangar bay to see if the sentry gun would actually shoot them and it did, Next was to see if I could workout a way to get Mobs into the Hangar without them getting killed by the sentry gun, It's a little tricky to do but I worked out how to do it successfully with every attempt, The mobs will stay at the Hangar doors and only enter halfway into the interior, I can attack, kill and loot them, They can attack and damage my avatar, The sentry gun will not shoot them as the Mobs are out of it's firing arc. (see screen shots)

That's pretty clever how you're able to lure mobs into your hangar, and the pic of the uninvited 'Bristlehog' guests is sort of funny.

Back