what do you do when loot is not good?

LeeLoo Faith

ColorManiac
Society
OldTimers
LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
:locked:

Ok. Some days it just seems that lootcifer is not with us.

What do you do when Loot is bad?
I used to go on, hoping it will get better, but I have to admit, even if it gets better it is very rare that I make up for the previous loss.

So now I change the mob I hunt when loot is bad, if it is bad too I change mob again. If no good loot again I step back from hunting for this day and try again tomorrow. I think this is a god way to go, but I would like how you guys do the best (economical seen).

happy hunting
LeeLoo

Last edited:
I just stop altogether, really, and try to keep my fingers away from the trigger... changing the mob and continuing hunting in the same session wasn't a good strategy for me (still isn't). The only exception is when I make or join a team and continue hunting but in team... other players might have a good day and the team works well overall with much less fluctuations than individual hunting.
When I start playing again, solo, I change both mob and location. I have about 5 favorite places with different mobs and I keep rotating them but not in the same session or in the same day.

LeeLoo Faith said:
What do you do when Loot is bad?

Bitch, moan, sell any rare expensive things I have cheaply because im desperate for ammo money as quick as possible.
Go out hunting again, lose more money.

Hi LeeLoo

I try to press on for a while after I have changed areas mobs etc a few times I give up and move onto mining or crafting.

The past week hunting was bad and mining was good. Then mining wend bad last night so i went hunting, Hunting was good (well as good as it gets :D)

If both are bad I go craft a little.

I normally find that at least one of these does do good while the others are bad, I do wonder if its meant to be that way sometimes cos i do have more fun figuring out what MA think I should be doing lol.

If loots are bad I change locations. Or i go to PE Wiki to find a new mob that I can handle. I find that loots are better the first time you hunt in a new location or on a new mob (happened for berys mature, corns, and molisk adults). As I have managed to avoid depositing to date this means switching fast (after 500 rounds on amped opalo) and in the end I first clean out my inventory for cash and if that doesnt help i'm back to sweating again. Doing that now. 185 in sweating now so things have to change for the better soon...

What loots? ;) What is this thing called loot? I have heard of ATHs and I have heard ppl talk about this thing called loot, but still don`t know what is Its purpose?! Never got one before... :silly2: (lie) And while you people talk so much about this wierd thing called loots and ath`s, I am starting to fear that I will get some ATH someday or maybe even some loot and then I won`t know what to do with It! :scared:
:rofl: :naughty:

On a more serious note, I almost always burn all that I carry with me (ammo, bombs, probes). Then when I realise I made a loss (very common), I check the storage and then try to craft some stuff or sell... I used to deposit a lot, but now that those days are behind, I just don`t play that much, or better said I play some other shit, like rl for example...or betandwin...lol

Take care,
Robo

I craft.

Still at the basic filters level, but 25 peds of oil/lyst lasts far longer than 25 peds of ammo, and the return seems to hover around 60% even on off days, while on off days hunting the returns can be in single figures. :(

I auction browse.

I look for poeple who have set a buyout at a low level, so i can get (woo hoo, yesterday, final 3 armour plates, now have a set of six, and got a 100% oreamp 102 at a nice price while at it) items i have been looking for, but have not so far found at a starting price/buyout close to the "going market price" that wiki/PEauction.com suggest it is worth.

I do the washing up, hoover my flat, pick up dirty socks and put in the washing machine, clean out my Chinchilla, water my plants, empty my ashtray, and generally do the things i shold have been doing, but was not because loot was good.... :laugh:

I don’t play. I’ve actually been thinking about this one lately. I’ve lost $100 USD in the past week, due to poor hunting returns. For that amount, I could have bought 2-3 offline games, or 1 online game and 3 months or so of subscription fees. The main thing I liked about PE was the LOOT. I love looting. In every game I’ve played online, it’s ALWAYS been my favorite thing. Given that the cost of looting in this game is so high, the graphics are dated, the bugs are numerous, the interface design is simplistic, and MA care nothing about having justice in this game (i.e., the trapped spider ATH). It’s truly getting to be too much for me to bear.

I answer this on the heels of my best night ever. Last night was just great for me- shy of a global, but great never-the-less!

When I am not hunting I like to work on my colouring or tailoring skills. I also like to browse the auction as well, looking for that special bargain that might be waiting for me. I also still spend a lot of time wandering freely across the land. There is much that I have not seen yet.

I am also constantly on the watch for just the right location and price on a place to call my own. It hasn't happened for me yet. The spot I had decided on, a buggy little cottage in Minopolis, is sadly not for sale. Curse you MindArk! Just kidding! I've forgiven him.*

Anyway, through-out most of my hunting career the loot has been abysmal so I don't really expect it to be otherwise, and hence, have no real contingency.

Sincerely,
Donald

*I am trying to view MindArk as an individual rather than a corporation. I think by doing that I will be more inclined to moderate my tone and be less harsh. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings...

i just do repairs and buy more ammo... don't know why but i do...

often when i hear ppl complain of bad loots, i want to know, do you get bad loots in a bad loot period and never hunt rhough it to get to the good loots? often, for me, very good loot has come after long extended periods of very bad or no loots.

i just press on, percevier. this is what i do.

Well, if the loots get really bad, i will go to the beach... enjoy the view and wont complain about it ;) - plain and simple

Donald said:
I am trying to view MindArk as an individual rather than a corporation.

The only way you can understand is MA is as an individual. How else could you explain *fill this space as you see fit*?

Anyway...

What I do if loots are bad:

1.If I am drunk, carry on regardless

2.If I am sober...get drunk

:dunce:

Well, I don't do the same thing that a lot of others do...

I've noticed that a lot of people piss and moan about it in game and cry in global chat about how shit the loots are. Me, I just complain about it in soc chat... no need for everyone else to hear about how much ammo I've pissed away on a crap day of hunting and non-looting.

My soc tells me to pray to Lootius, instead of praying to him, I just curse him. There is no Lootius, Lootius is a myth and a joke. If someone in the game comes around wearing the name Lootius, I will shoot him dead and spit on his corspe before I try to loot him in vain too.

That being said, I just hunt on, like a moron, thinking that sooner or later I might just get a loot that makes up partially for my losses prior.

black_rain13 said:
My soc tells me to pray to Lootius, instead of praying to him, I just curse him. There is no Lootius, Lootius is a myth and a joke. If someone in the game comes around wearing the name Lootius, I will shoot him dead and spit on his corspe before I try to loot him in vain too.

LoL how dare u curse Lootius :laugh: :laugh:

Back