What Does Entropia Mean To You

Thorns Rose

Elite
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
New York Rose
I have been asked this questiom. I want real answers and not troll junk and please add your years in Entropia Universe if possible .

Replies that are real and constructive are appreciated.

This will go towards next LAN

Last edited:
A novelty of investing in a virtual economy, watching the cogs turn and generate real tangible returns.
Started 2020

The only game so far that has captivated me for years. The combination of game and real economic system. 2014 -2019 and again since 11/2022.

Escapism and gambling/unknown element of loot.

On and off since the start. 11 Years with this account.

I literally started playing this game as a non depositor when I was 14 (2006). On and off, many years breaks but started playing more seriously around 2020 and heavily invested into the game.

From my experience over these years, this game is basically a sandbox where the possibilities are as endless as you strive to reach, it may take you longer if you lack the funds but ONE DAY you will be able to reach it if you keep going. Achieving your long-term goals in this game is more rewarding and lasts longer than any sort of temporary enjoyment feeling you could get from playing any other game. Basically making most games for me lose the fun factor after short time.

Seeing your avatar progress through the years you play and see actual data (if you track long-term) showing you that you are doing better than in the past is also quite exciting to see.

/Sub

Entropia means world of entropy to me, meaning everything is always undergoing entropy and dissipating. That’s why we always get less than 100% returns, as the universe continues to see massive entropy

I enjoy investing into the skills and capabilities of my avatar. Finding new activities. Player-run events.

For me...I met many good friends and a very intelligent community with similar goals and we all worked in unison as a group to achieve those and helped one another along the way. I loved the opportunity to start radio shows and absolutely love the new players and seeing their struggling, as I did and the light in their eyes. That is my High..........................:hug:

Last edited:
Its just such a special game. There was never anything like it. And there isn't anything like it.
I remember the feeling of playing when it was released. It is very different now. But still an amazing game. With a lot of good people playing it.

i found this game after being burnt-out of traditional mmos. by having the rce aspect i feel deeply connected to my avatar as his actions affects me irl and vice versa. it became an extension of my irl persona

it forces me to think, often outside the box
its challenging af
it makes me meet tons of new interesting people

i freaking love it, i see it as way more than a game

To me entropia is a simulation of real life in a sense because 1. Rce every action like in life can cost you money
2. You get to see the greed of those who want money over building friendships and community
3. I have honestly met more friends in game that share a common goal or idea than i have IRL
4. I have gotten more fun out of 200$ playing with friend than getting drunk at the club
5. I would have never met such different people from various cultures the way i have in game
6. To me its more than just a game it is a therapy to release stress have fun with friends and do crazy things in game . Like run head on to a lvl 100 mob with a sweat tool and make it fun with friends, especially since the older you get the more you appreciate honest friendships and a slower pace of life

I first got into Entropia in 2006, when my partner in crime was working and living 900 miles away and I had lots of free time in the evenings. I fell in love with the game back then because of the people. When I was just starting and had no skills and weak weapons, but I loved to wander far and explore this amazing Entropia Universe.
One day as I tried to cross a large desert area filled with Atrox, sneaking from rock to dune in a futile effort to avoid them, I was attacked by a large pack of them and eaten as a lunch snack, reviving at an isolated outpost in the middle of the desert. I tried to escape, but the Atrox pack killed me over and over again.
I wasn't in any society then and I was the only person at this outpost, so spent several days trying and failing to escape.
A few days later another human appeared; he was also pretty low-level but had a good weapon and knew his was around Calypso, and when he heard my story he said " follow me; I'll get you back to civilization...". After we made it back, he invited me to join his society, and I did.
I spent the next 4 years playing with a group of great people; none of them were Ubers, but they all played quite often and were great teachers. We had so much fun standing on the spaceship wrecks that used to be close to Camp Phoenix and trying to shoot low-level creatures without falling off and getting eaten. Later, as low/mid-level players, we often went as a team to the Asteroid and battled the bugs there, usually dying in droves but having a great time.
Thes days I play only occasionally; the society I grew up with is long gone, and I have become a loner who occasionally logs in to hunt solo. I really miss the early days of Entropia, and have never been able to find the joy that I used to experience as a noob first learning the game. I was never drawn to trying to manipulate the numbers to make a profit (or just to lose less!) in Entropia, which seems to be the primary driver for players at my level.

It means alot, been playing for a long long time. Even when I quit I think about this and come back. It can be frustrating but that’s the challenge.

I first got into Entropia in 2006, when my partner in crime was working and living 900 miles away and I had lots of free time in the evenings. I fell in love with the game back then because of the people. When I was just starting and had no skills and weak weapons, but I loved to wander far and explore this amazing Entropia Universe.
One day as I tried to cross a large desert area filled with Atrox, sneaking from rock to dune in a futile effort to avoid them, I was attacked by a large pack of them and eaten as a lunch snack, reviving at an isolated outpost in the middle of the desert. I tried to escape, but the Atrox pack killed me over and over again.
I wasn't in any society then and I was the only person at this outpost, so spent several days trying and failing to escape.
A few days later another human appeared; he was also pretty low-level but had a good weapon and knew his was around Calypso, and when he heard my story he said " follow me; I'll get you back to civilization...". After we made it back, he invited me to join his society, and I did.
I spent the next 4 years playing with a group of great people; none of them were Ubers, but they all played quite often and were great teachers. We had so much fun standing on the spaceship wrecks that used to be close to Camp Phoenix and trying to shoot low-level creatures without falling off and getting eaten. Later, as low/mid-level players, we often went as a team to the Asteroid and battled the bugs there, usually dying in droves but having a great time.
Thes days I play only occasionally; the society I grew up with is long gone, and I have become a loner who occasionally logs in to hunt solo. I really miss the early days of Entropia, and have never been able to find the joy that I used to experience as a noob first learning the game. I was never drawn to trying to manipulate the numbers to make a profit (or just to lose less!) in Entropia, which seems to be the primary driver for players at my level.
Nothing like getting lost back then

you can not leave this universe

a nice way to chill and to escape from irl i d say

at different moment and different mind of the year

Lovely read. thank you for sharing.
It was something completely else than everybody spamming mayhems and obsessing about numbers and returns.

I could say a lot about the MMO aspect of it, which is obvious: it's a virtual space where I can exist as an extension of myself and interact instantly with other people all around the world. So since Entropia is an MMO, it has that in common with all others.

But the thing that makes it unique to me is that in Entropia, I really own those virtual items and that virtual currency, it is mine to do as I wish with. I can sell them, trade them, withdraw them, etc... My account isn't going to be locked or deleted if I do. I guess in comparisson, other MMOs are just communist virtual universes since everything you acquire in them doesn't truly belong to you to do as you wish with.

Frankly, I just have no interest participating in any other virtual universe like that, where your virtual items or assets or money, isn't "real" and doesn't actually belong to you.

Last edited:
Place to wind down with at least some slight assurance that not all is wasted (RIP SWG, E&B and all other MMORPGs that shut down their servers).
After 15 years a long term "project" :D

Well I know about EU since almost start (well probably it was closer to something like 2006). I always wanted try it, but it wasn't possible for me back then, I was poor 15yo kid with no credit card and with terrible internet.
I played for a while around 2010, lost my 20 bucks with class mate and moved on. But I still had that feeling somewhere deep that I have to give it one more try. So in 2014 I joined again and it was my best worst decision ever 😉
I have to say it means a lot for me, more than any stupid video game should, especially at my age, but it is how it is 😂

Back