Question: What enhancer to use on opalo tier 1?

voom

Prowler
Society
KKoE
Vavva Voom Straaf
I have just tiered up opalo to tier 1 and wondering what the best enhancer to use on it would be?

I am thinking about accuracy enhancer.

Just wondering what others think would be best?

Tx for any replies :)

Voom

None :)

Falagor
:bandit:

None :)

Falagor
:bandit:

Really?? Actually I lied, I haven't tiered it up yet. Just noticed it costs 20 ped or so in mats to tier it up.

Is it worth it?? :scratch2:

Really?? Actually I lied, I haven't tiered it up yet. Just noticed it costs 20 ped or so in mats to tier it up.

If you want upgrading skills then it may be worth it, there's no other reason to do it.

100 ped Oleg says "No". :D

<edit> Split second too late on the reply...

100 ped Oleg says "No". :D

<edit> Split second too late on the reply...

More like 200 ped to Tier 10, which is/was my aim. I just wanna see what it looks like :laugh:

If you want upgrading skills then it may be worth it, there's no other reason to do it.

I'd quite like to improve my upgrading skills, but I expect I have to tier thousands of items to get much increase??

I'd quite like to improve my upgrading skills, but I expect I have to tier thousands of items to get much increase??

Probably to get to high levels, yes.

I've done 3 TT food items - Shogun Feet, Bodyguard Harness, and Shogun Harness, and my Tier Upgrader has gone up around 30% of a level (with something like 22 points in Tier Upgrading iirc).

As with most professions it should be quite easy to get your level moving at first but things will slow down quickly.

I've done it, and with success too :yay:

Now for some dam enhahcers and really mess up those argos ;)

I've done it, and with success too :yay:

Now for some dam enhahcers and really mess up those argos ;)

Gratz on the upgrade, but...
Argos with a Tier 1 Opalo? :eek:

Hope you have great armor, a great FAP, or both.

Gratz on the upgrade, but...
Argos with a Tier 1 Opalo? :eek:

Hope you have great armor, a great FAP, or both.

Thanks :) I hunt em nekkid with 101amp and vivoT20. It's how I tiered the opalo up.

Hunters are tricky, I have to take em out with hl11, but all the lower mats are ok, just like hunting Proteron in full kit for me.

It takes ages to kill one and a/c comes in very handy :)

I honestly won't use dam enhancer though, gonna go for accuracy I think

So, when do we know it's the right time to sell the Opalo and go for something bigger? isn't easier/cheaper to just upgrade? or I'm missing something?

So, when do we know it's the right time to sell the Opalo and go for something bigger? isn't easier/cheaper to just upgrade? or I'm missing something?

Yes it's much cheaper to buy the next SIB weapon, once you have maxed opalo 10/10 then go onto next SIB gun up, I think it's Breer M1, but am not positive about this.

I've used well over 100 enhancers so far, and so far, my results say it's a complete waste of time to do it to low end items. The "good" enhancers (armor enhancers, weapon economy, mining finder skill) give about 10% on the item. As you can imagine, this only makes a difference when the original stats are substantial to begin with. The armor protection ehancer, for example, gives about 10% additional protection. On a ghost, that is a measly 1.9 additional protection impact, and .1 on acid. However, on my apis, having two weapon economy enhancers added about 50% to the life of the gun.

The "bad" enhancers (mining finder range) give 1%. It will take 10 of them to achieve the same result as 1 "good" enhancer.

So, back to your question: should you tier up an opalo? Here are the opalo's basic stats:
8 damage
55 range
.02 pec decay per shot

Adding 1-10% on any of these would be a complete waste of time. You would be paying 10 ped per additional .8 damage, 5m, or .0002 decay saved.

Opalo SGA, on the other hand, has a lot of promise if you keep increasing the range, but even then, it would only be useful as a tagging weapon, and soon the marber bravo will cost the same as opalo sga.

However, on my apis, having two weapon economy enhancers added about 50% to the life of the gun

How do you know this? Did you do tests or do you think it just feels that way?

How do you know this? Did you do tests or do you think it just feels that way?

I usually keep a rough estimate of how much decay is on my gun at 100 ped ammo. In this case, it was hard to do since I got 2 tiers after the gun was partially used. The estimates I got actually said the gun was decaying at half the rate is usually does, but I got the enhancers in when the gun was already half decayed, so I estimated they added 50% to the life of the gun, but halved the decay while they were in there.

Also, I couldn't get many samples as one broke quickly (I put in both tier 1 and tier 2 economy enhancers) and the other broke early as well.

I usually keep a rough estimate of how much decay is on my gun at 100 ped ammo. In this case, it was hard to do since I got 2 tiers after the gun was partially used. The estimates I got actually said the gun was decaying at half the rate is usually does, but I got the enhancers in when the gun was already half decayed, so I estimated they added 50% to the life of the gun, but halved the decay while they were in there.

Also, I couldn't get many samples as one broke quickly (I put in both tier 1 and tier 2 economy enhancers) and the other broke early as well.

I'll have to try this one, good idea to test on 100 ped ammo. Would be handy to know how eco those eco enhancers really are ;)

Yes it's much cheaper to buy the next SIB weapon, once you have maxed opalo 10/10 then go onto next SIB gun up, I think it's Breer M1, but am not positive about this.

By 10/10 you mean to unlock all the tiers in my opalo? omg that can last for months.

Sorry about the newbish questions.

By 10/10 you mean to unlock all the tiers in my opalo? omg that can last for months.

Sorry about the newbish questions.

Questions are good!

10/10 means you are "maxxed" or have maximum ability for a weapon on "hit" and "critical hit" abilities. Getting 10/10 on an opalo won't last for months, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on how often to use the weapon (or chip in) to gain skills.

Lots of great answers to be found here on EntropiaForum, this thread by Ice explains weapon stats in detail:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-weapon-statistics-line-line-explanation.html

Back