What good is "Buddy list"?

DarkAngel

Guardian
Society
Sterling & Moss
Sunlee DarkAngel Zarel
I've tried to read every "about" post on EF, but haven't found an explanation to what the "Buddy list" is good for. Also, does it require a confirmation from the one you add (like fl ingame)?

Sunlee

Well, I just tried to add you to my buddy list :D - and I believe (but I'm not sure) that its only there to help you remember ppl you like and ppl u dislike .. but again - I'm not sure - and I have been wondering about it myself. My lists are therefor emty (well u are there now) - and I'm not quite sure, if I will ever use them.

Does anyone here use their buddy/ignore lists???

:cool:

OHH and now I see there is a "+" after your name on "who is online" and on the frontpage :D .. which mean, of course, you can see easily (if you dont remember ppl's names) who is online hehe ... I'm a :girl:

I have FireW0lf on my buddy list... when he comes online he shows up on the main page as "FireW0lf PM X" and all I need to do is click on his name and I can pm him from the front page in one easy click :)

Hmm.. Dont know what else it's good for :D

Ignore thing at least prevents those ppl from sending you pm I think.

Damn... so *that's* why w0lfie never replies to me... I'm on ignore :D

ultimababe said:
I have FireW0lf on my buddy list... when he comes online he shows up on the main page as "FireW0lf PM X" and all I need to do is click on his name and I can pm him from the front page in one easy click :)

Hmm.. Dont know what else it's good for :D

Hmm, I've tried to add a few people. They show up as "name+", but when I click them I still only go to the user profil. No direct link to PM.

I think I've read somewhere that you could send pm to multiple people if they where on youre buddy list.

MB: If you swing by this thread, would you care to enlighten us please :)

If you put ppl on ignore, will it automaticly hide all posts from the person too :confused:

Lykke said:
If you put ppl on ignore, will it automaticly hide all posts from the person too :confused:

Yes I believe it does.

Essi said:
Ignore thing at least prevents those ppl from sending you pm I think.
i only have one person on my ignore list, im not sure about them not been able to send you PMs, but it dose stop there posts been shown when looking over the forum :girl:

DarkAngel said:
Hmm, I've tried to add a few people. They show up as "name+", but when I click them I still only go to the user profil. No direct link to PM.

I think I've read somewhere that you could send pm to multiple people if they where on youre buddy list.

MB: If you swing by this thread, would you care to enlighten us please :)

Well, the PM multiple users is not available due to someone might abuse the system, registered members can PM only 1 at a time.

Though, i will make it an extra addition for Premium Members being able to PM 10 buddies with one click, i doubt a Premium member would jeopardize their account abusing the system.

Premium Members can now go to "Quick Links" in the top navbar and choose "Open Buddy List", there is a list of your Buddies where you can just check those Buddies you wanna PM and click "PM Users".
Valid for 10 PM's at a time. Good option for SocMembers.

Enjoy :computer:

jena said:
i only have one person on my ignore list, im not sure about them not been able to send you PMs, but it dose stop there posts been shown when looking over the forum :girl:

You cannot see what they write, but it does give you an option to temporarily view a post which pops up in a new window :girl:

MindBuster said:
Though, i will make it an extra addition for Premium Members being able to PM 10 buddies with one click, i doubt a Premium member would jeopardize their account abusing the system.

Premium Members can now go to "Quick Links" in the top navbar and choose "Open Buddy List", there is a list of your Buddies where you can just check those Buddies you wanna PM and click "PM Users".
Valid for 10 PM's at a time. Good option for SocMembers.

Enjoy :computer:

Great MB :thumbup:

Sometimes I find it usefull to pm a couple of people with the same message. Until now I had to pm each one individualy and wait 1 minute between each pm. This will be a great tool for arranging events and such.

Would have +rep you, but have to spread it around first ;)

Sunlee

I searched for the use of the buddy list and found this - I would love to be able to see all new posts of my buddys - would that be possible to implement? ;)

I searched for the use of the buddy list and found this - I would love to be able to see all new posts of my buddys - would that be possible to implement? ;)

I was just wondering this myself, hmmm still no reply huh? ...so just consider this a friendly *bump* ;)

Btw added Lykke to my FL...no reason rly...just that I luv you cutie...there I said it :ahh:...it´s official! ;)

Back