What happend to the ATM cards?

Guarana

Dominant
Probably been answered before. But remember that MA introduced a ATM card that players could withdraw directly from their pedcard.

Any remembers what happend? Think it was around 2006?

Hey I remember those!

Although I dont have a need for one.. My ped ingame stays ingame until I quit =)

Don't remember in full detail, but:

Mindark had a deal with an external company who would supply the atm technology/license. Something went wrong so Mindark tried to become a bank themselves (Mindbank) I think they still don't have the banking license, which is not strange considering the banking crisis and way stricter policy that came with it. I don't think there will ever be an atm service.

Mind Bank AB is a wholly owned subsidiary of virtual universe developer MindArk PE AB. The unique step of integrating MindArk’s virtual universe Entropia Universe with the real world will allow Mind Bank AB to function as a central bank for all virtual worlds within the Entropia Universe. Mind Bank AB will also offer selected bank services to customers on the conventional market.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/199724-status-future-mindbank.html

If they were going to keep using who they regular use to process transactions with credit cards, it's probably a very good thing that it fell through... Far too many problems of double deposits, etc. mentioned here in the forums the last few years. Can't imagine how bad that type of thing would have been if you amplified it to thousands of transactions daily, etc.

This was an announcement in early January 2007 here:
Information regarding Entropia Universe Cash Cards
4 Jan 2007

MindArk PE AB made an agreement with the Canadian company CardOne Plus to provide Entropia Participants with the Entropia Universe Cash Card currently available for purchase inside the Entropia Universe. CardOne Plus in turn made an agreement with a Canadian technical payment solution provider named CU-Connect. This technical solutions provider has run into difficulties because of, as we understand it, their under-graded server and backup systems.

MindArk PE AB will therefore stop issuing new Entropia Universe Cash Cards until CardOne Plus has resolved the situation by appointing a new payment provider. According to CardOne Plus this process may take up to 60 days.

This will probably mean that we will have to issue new cards to the Entropia Participants that have already bought Entropia Universe Cash Cards. This will be done free of charge.

As a consequence of this circumstance, which is beyond our control, it is no longer possible to transfer funds from the Entropia Universe to the Entropia Universe Cash Card. MindArk PE AB further recommend Entropia Participants that have funds already available on their Entropia Universe Cash Cards, that they withdraw these sums at an ATM.

We regret the inconvenience this may cause until the Entropia Universe Cash Card withdrawal system is up and running again.

Withdrawals through the use of the normal bank withdrawal system inside the Entropia system will of course continue to operate as normal during this period.

As soon as MindArk receives any additional information, it will be presented immediately at the Support News section.

I still have my Card and I was never able to use it --- now it is a nice souvenir :)

I actually used mine a few times.. Once, I made a few withdrawals at the same time wich was a few $k. Should have seen the clerks face.. "Whats this? Is it some kind of joke?".. And ca-chiiing.. Drrdrrrdrrr and so on.. The cash left the system :).. Now that was around 2007-2008 if I recall it right..

Back