What has happened to the forum

Mants

Stalker
Manta Mants Extreme
Hi guys.

I have just recently come back to the world and have been on the forum
Most the day but I have noticed that there isn't much activity. It. Used to be you would see new threads and responses all day long but I don't see that anymore. Feels like there is not much activity yet there is over 300 people online viewing it.

What's everyone's thoughts on this.

Mants

Hi guys.

I have just recently come back to the world and have been on the forum
Most the day but I have noticed that there isn't much activity. It. Used to be you would see new threads and responses all day long but I don't see that anymore. Feels like there is not much activity yet there is over 300 people online viewing it.

What's everyone's thoughts on this.

Mants

you've rendered me speechless

pun intended

I don't know, but there are more and more forums coming.. gues that's 1 reason

Yeah it sucks having to post the same thread over 5 different forums so that everyone can see it, so a lot of people have just reduced their posting habits.

There are a ton of Forums. Maybe they are all on Facebook?:eyecrazy: LOL! I don't know how long you have been gone really but there are so many new/different ways to communicate now in and off EU..We have chat in game for questions you used to only get answers from on this forum,and now with Teamspeak you can also talk to alot of players so questions are asked verbally these days I guess...But my answer to question :dunno:

Last edited:
I tend to be abit cynical about 711 so forgive this viewpoint.

The increase in other forums has been great since it finally forced 711 to make the overdue upgrades this forum needs to not loose us members. That the cynical part.

I still think there are alot of people who havnt really got used to the new layout of this forum, they read but are for sure not as active posters as they used to be. There seems to be quite alot of new forum accounts here, I dont know, maybe the new users feel we express our opinions so strongly that we deter discussion? (Since we are all pro´s here :laugh:)

Are some of us just getting old? Why make a thread about a topic that we have seen 5 times already? We are starting to ask less questions? Blame the mighty search function? (Or has MA´s secret master plan to turn us all into docile sheep finally started to take effect? :p) I really like mastermesh who still can be creative and keeps creating new and fresh viewpoints for us all to read.

The datebase here is slowly but surely lagging behind all the recent updates that been done to Entropia Universe, maybe other forums are more updated and the better place to discuss those issues? We lost a few really dedicated users that improved the Entropia experience for all of us by adding and updating the sticky´s and so on. (711, time to give those people custmized accounts for free for helping out imo!)

I personally wish more people would start using the ath/uber section and sharing their good loot, that always cheer me up.

Oh and with the Dev´s post back I think the forum will have a renaissance :)

There are probably more things, just from the top of my head. Now comment on this post to make the forum more alive! xD

Last edited:
Probably down to the platform, people finding new planets as homes, and only using what forums they acctually need for their ingame activitys?

For example, someone on arkadia, doesnt necessarily need to use any other forums for other planets as their concerns and business may only involve users of that planet and everything they need is provided for them at that planets forum.

After all, ma's intentions is to create a fluid universe with many planets. And have each planet essentually become its own self sufficient game, with foreign goods import and export business oppertunitys and a interlinked RCE across the universe. A bit like the EU (The RL one) except thats across a continent not a universe.

Last edited:
This is the only forum i use so.. like LOL :)

I find it completely fucking stupid this thing with PCF. When I started Entropia Universe I had 1 forum people sent me to. Now I don't know which forum I should recommend to other users, because I am a member of four forums connected to Entropia Universe.

It's always good with competition so that each forum gets better in its attempt to draw players, however, it's not good when it separates us from each other as a unity of players. Is that MA:s plan? To make us loyal to different planet owners, choose their forum, and only a few chooses forum like what's left of EF and EP? Together we are strong - divided we fall, and fail.

Probably down to the platform, people finding new planets as homes, and only using what forums they acctually need for their ingame activitys?

For example, someone on arkadia, doesnt necessarily need to use any other forums for other planets as their concerns and business may only involve users of that planet and everything they need is provided for them at that planets forum.

After all, ma's intentions is to create a fluid universe with many planets. And have each planet essentually become its own self sufficient game, with foreign goods import and export business oppertunitys and a interlinked RCE across the universe. A bit like the EU (The RL one) except thats across a continent not a universe.
I guess I ought to reply to this since I've thought about it.

I'm at Arkadia at the moment, yet the only forum I regularly visit is CPF, which is not only very much ironic, but is a perfect example on the inactivity on other forums which I've noticed, and CPF-users aren't that much active either. On the other hand, I'm Swedish, I have www.flashback.org which is a huge forum with half a million members and thousands of posts each day, so I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to new threads each hour, interesting discussions and so forth.

We just aren't a big player base in EU, and a very big part of the player base does not surf the forums, and even less are contributing with interesting threads on the forums. If I had anything I thought might be of interest I would create such a discussion, however, I leave that to people with more flesh on their bones.

I use PCF and EF because that's where my interests currently lay. However as was suggested earlier in the thread by Stave I will likely shift more and more focus onto forums where my interests lay, forgoing interaction on the others. For a time I posted on Next Island Life, not posting here because I had hopes my interests would be better served there.

This is the nature of planet to planet enterprise that MA envisions, although for my part I find the approach resembling buckshot, and would prefer something cleaner. I have often pined for an aggretator of sorts that combines all of the forums into an online digest that can be read and responded to regardless of what the forum of origin was.

It wont happen though. Eventually we will just compartmentalize. Many old users have chosen to post on Arkadia forum now, seeing Arkadia as the planet that most resembles old PE, and thus provides the experience they want. Since then they have actively eschewed posting here, although some still maintain prestige appointments within the Calypso structure despite lacking the willingness to engage its community.

simple answer in a nut shell to the op...

MA touched it.

Back