Question: what is 1 skill point worth? how to calculate?

have u ever calculater how much your skills worth?

• Yes

Votes: 94 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 49.5%

• Total voters

TigerSkin

Prowler
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Tariel TigerSkin Rustaveli
can u advice how to calculate the pec/ped value of 1 skill point?
may be any system u may be using ...
or website resource ...

to better explain ...
say you get 100 skill points in engineering ...
how to calculate how much NET you can get for them?
[after you extract them on chip and sell it and extract all the costs]

1 skillpoint has a dynamic value. When you have 0 points and gain 1 point this point has a value near to nil - When you have 10k point the 10001st point has much more value. Actually i don't know how much exactly.
The exact values are better given in TT which is easier to determine and independent to the skills the chipper (in or out ) has.

http://www.entropiatools.com/skillcalcman.php
I knew about this but have not used that like I wanted now

1 skill point engineering worths 3.5 pec NET
[by current prices]

A "skill point" is not a constant unit of measure, ergo your question can't be answered. You have to find the volume of your skills, which is measured in PEDs, by using a calculator that converts your present level to volume.

Edit: this question is asked about once a month. Scroll back through the skills forum to read previous discussions.

y0 tiger, to find the value, you need to find out how much space the skill takes up on an ESI, you can look on entropiatools.com at the estimated TT of a chip. Once you know the size of the chip, you can multiply the TT by whatever % the skill is going for at that time and this tells you what its worth. If you want to go right down to the value of the skill, you then need to subtract how much the ESI cost you.

A good explaination to why it cant be priced by 1 skill point intervals would be that 500 skill points isnt double the value of 250 skill points. Meaning its not linear.

Last edited:
ye, one a mont ...
let this be for this month then :)

thx all, point is well taken :)

Yeah I kept good track of what my skills were worth. That used to be the only thing that was semi reliable as a garanteed investment.

Then MA decided to hold 2x and 3x skill events and tanked that whole train of thought within a month..

Back then at 125k total skill they were worth 22800 ped. Yesterday after recalcing they were 157k total skill and worth 11300 less then half what they were not even a year ago.

Yeah I kept good track of what my skills were worth. That used to be the only thing that was semi reliable as a garanteed investment.

Then MA decided to hold 2x and 3x skill events and tanked that whole train of thought within a month..

Back then at 125k total skill they were worth 22800 ped. Yesterday after recalcing they were 157k total skill and worth 11300 less then half what they were not even a year ago.

Its indeed pretty annoying that ppl who play for 5years+ and spent a few 1000$ per year are only worth +/- 11000ped. Im in same situation as u my avatar lost 25000ped in value the last year.

1 skillpoint has a dynamic value. When you have 0 points and gain 1 point this point has a value near to nil - When you have 10k point the 10001st point has much more value. Actually i don't know how much exactly.
The exact values are better given in TT which is easier to determine and independent to the skills the chipper (in or out ) has.

well wrote
this is a grafic answer about:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

each level has the same distance but the number of skill points necessary to fill a level increase.

I'm pretty sure the skills would have gone down considerably in value even without the events. And in 6 months time, the skills will be worth less again than now. Because there will always only be more people who can and have chipped out X PED of skills. And far less people that want to eat these chips.

Similarily, ESI prices will go down.

I'm pretty sure the skills would have gone down considerably in value even without the events. And in 6 months time, the skills will be worth less again than now. Because there will always only be more people who can and have chipped out X PED of skills. And far less people that want to eat these chips.

The amount of skills garnered by the Entropia community during those events was massive. Without them, the price of skills wouldn't have declined to the state which they are currently in.

Yeah, people will always be chipping out, they were more skills to chip out with the 3x & 2x skills events making a surplus and therefore made the Market Value of said skills decline rapidly.

And yeah, not everyone wants to buy skills, it's a niche market to be honest. But those who do often buy quite a few most of the time.

I think skill prices are nearing their bottom value soonish.
Even though there will be allways more skills "produced" with a growing playerbase there will be also greater demand. Above level 50 in hunting it takes ages to reach the next unlock, even if you just chip in half of it till level 70 it costs you only 20k and cuts the time from 3 years to 2.
Skilling the natural way would cost you way more.
One really needs insane amounts of skills to get near those unlimited guns and there will be allways enough who have the PEDs.

not the skillpoints are the important faktor its the tt worth of them

The funktion sounds something like TT = X * E^(Y) with x any konstant or other mathematical therm (maybe a sinus) and Y as any other konstant and the number of skillpoints SP

Example
100 SP = 0,12 ped tt
1000 SP = 3,09 ped tt
10000 SP = 2319 ped tt

You see its not linear...

BTW does anyone know the exact formular? Ive tryed to calculate for myself but dont get the an exact sulution. And i havent found any formular in forums for years...
What plot does entropia tools use?

If the value of skills drop much further there is realy no point to play the game any longer. L gear is phasing out any options for investment there. Professions are not returning half the investment they did less then a year ago for most.

Skills were the only constant to judge your investment on. If MA tanks them like they are everything else the need to continue here is done.

Back