What is the purpose of synchronization chips?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I looted a Synchronization Chip 5 (L), which I've seen in shops/AH before, but never really paid any attention to. I don't think I have a use for it, but I wanted to learn more about it. The stated effect is:

"Increased synchronization by 0.29 for 6 minutes 30 seconds"

There's nothing in the description that says what this means or does (thanks MA). Some forum searching seems to indicate that this helps you not get disrupted when sweating, which idc about - is there any use beyond this? What is the 0.29 a measurement of?

I looted a Synchronization Chip 5 (L), which I've seen in shops/AH before, but never really paid any attention to. I don't think I have a use for it, but I wanted to learn more about it. The stated effect is:

"Increased synchronization by 0.29 for 6 minutes 30 seconds"

There's nothing in the description that says what this means or does (thanks MA). Some forum searching seems to indicate that this helps you not get disrupted when sweating, which idc about - is there any use beyond this? What is the 0.29 a measurement of?

Doesn't that sweat disruption happen with other chips and m.f. activity too? Example mob disrupts ability to use t.p. chip etc?

Doesn't that sweat disruption happen with other chips and m.f. activity too?

Hm, so you mean like when you are trying to teleport and a mob disrupts you, this would also prevent that?

Is there some particular strength you need per mob or something? Is it only a particular chance? Still unclear as to the parameters.

Yes they help you keep focus while sweating when hit by a mob, depending on chip level VS hit (or maybe mob level).

Also to keep concentration whith other chips like TP, but less efficiently.

It might slightly increase hit ability on mobs using Mindforce chips as concentration is higher, just a theory, i have a UL Synchronization 11 chip for sale if anyone is interested.

We use them when trying to avoid MF being interrupted.

We use them when trying to avoid MF being interrupted.

I thought MF attacks are never interrupted post-VU10.

Also to keep concentration whith other chips like TP, but less efficiently.

Are you saying there is still a chance for teleport to not break on hit under the buff? I used the focus chips all the time in the past for this purpose but abandoned them after they didn't stop a single tp break in months after VU10.

I thought MF attacks are never interrupted post-VU10.

Are you saying there is still a chance for teleport to not break on hit under the buff? I used the focus chips all the time in the past for this purpose but abandoned them after they didn't stop a single tp break in months after VU10.

Any ones that charge can be interrupted, strike/tp/accel etc, not tested the ones with cool down properly - resto/arsonist etc. Attacks not. At least from my experience. I've seen each of these interrupted in recent months, seemed to be less when sync was charged, but I'v never tested it properly.

Just charge a sync, acel, resto and divine to be sure :laugh:

Last edited:
Using a resto pretty much non-stop for 4 years, never had it interrupted...

Using a resto pretty much non-stop for 4 years, never had it interrupted...

You are too fast, I was editing ;) Splitting the chargers from the cool downers :laugh:

In any event, I think the target market would be small unfortunately.

I'm guessing these work like the old focus chips (maybe they were always called sync chips). In that case they are great for sweating as it means mob hits won't stop you sweating anymore.

used to be a must have back in the day

Well I never tested it myself (for TP), but that's what I've been told few years ago when they were introduced.
That it would give a % chance that a hit don't interrupt the concentration.

But if it never worked for you, maybe it changed after some VU, or maybe it was wrong from the beginning. :confused:

To be sure, one should do test with a high level Synchro chip and trying TP chip while being hit by Puny.

for sweating, I think if you use it, just be sure not to die. I think the buff resets after you revive, but haven't tested it. Just what I remember from eons ago.

In practice, these chips are used to acquire mostly useless Telepathy skill by casting unsolicited buffs on unsuspecting bystanders. :yup:

(happens less and less often these days, although now and then someone would go to Twins and just buff everyone in sight)

think of it like belly buttons. when you use the chip its like your gf has a outsy and you gots a innzy.

Back