Question: What playing strategy can a noob adopt...

Ciuciulix

Guardian
Society
ROmania Renegades
Carmen Dosia Ciuciulix
The last updates made the life very complicated for the noobs... The Loot is poor, the Sweat prices are getting low, the agressivity and the regeneration speed of the Mobs is from day to day bigger... OK! What playing strategies can somebody new in game adopt for his first month?

I helped in the last Year a lot of noobs with suggestions, but I think the old eco hunt strategies are not more eficient! The Combibo TTknife 15$ hunt is far to bring the good Loot return, also the Opalo Rifle with the lots of missshoots can ruin your day (low eficiency agains rapid regeneration speed of the mobs)... I wrote some months before a "swunt" playing strategy by Sabakuma Young with 15 ped (VivoT1+M2100+amo) but also this huntstil don't work today...

My big question is> If a player will not deposit what suggestions can we give him to can grow up in game?... ;)

well.. dont swunt solo, swunt in bigger group, do trox or ambu, in hope of some global.

yes, i agree it sucks so much that even noob mobs got jacked up....

I agree it is very hard for beginners but in fact the last updates didn't change much. It's always been hard and the only real effect on sweat gatherers was the altered MF system which actually is still better than no MF system and much more usable for MF skiller.

The last updates made the life very complicated for the noobs... The Loot is poor, the Sweat prices are getting low, the agressivity and the regeneration speed of the Mobs is from day to day bigger... OK!

Here I have to disagree on a few points. The sweat price has been going down all the time the only reason why it took so long was the expectation of a more sweat consuming MF system or to put it simple speculation. This did not turn out as many thought and so the market is flooded at the moment.
Loot is the same as usual same ups and downs but overall return is identical. There are many people who will complain after any VU about worse loot. Also not many mobs got a change and especialyl the typical noob hunt mobs (Exa, Snable, Sabakuma, Daikiba, Plumatergus, Prancer) remained the same. Other mobs such as Combibos increased in regen but also increased in popularity so did Ambulimax and Trox for Swunt.

What playing strategies can somebody new in game adopt for his first month?

If someone does not want to deposit the first month(s) consist of sweating, sweating, sweating and perhaps a bit of fapping someone for decay. Just get as many free skills and many PEDs as possible since you will need a rather large stock to do well in this game.

I helped in the last Year a lot of noobs with suggestions, but I think the old eco hunt strategies are not more eficient! The Combibo TTknife 15$ hunt is far to bring the good Loot return, also the Opalo Rifle with the lots of missshoots can ruin your day (low eficiency agains rapid regeneration speed of the mobs)... I wrote some months before a "swunt" playing strategy by Sabakuma Young with 15 ped (VivoT1+M2100+amo) but also this huntstil don't work today...

As I said loot remained the same. Solo swunts got harder to impossible though since they introduced the sweating tool and a HP related fixed amount of sweat per mob, you are right on thise one.

My big question is> If a player will not deposit what suggestions can we give him to can grow up in game?... ;)

1. Gathering PEDs/skill by sweating OR gathering PEDs faster by looking for fruits and stones.
2. Large swunt teams at Neas, Limnaidian, Jurra and Ithaca for free skilling and a few PEDs.
3. Large enough stock to sell loot for markup, perhaps trade ammo for loot [at TT price] in swunts and sell for markup.
4. Mining/Hunting.

No rocketscience, all you need is patience and discipline.

unless people really like swunting, I really don't see it as a good tactic for a non depositor... the mobs a new player will be able to kill are really unlikely to produce the kind of loot to enable any player to get any meaningful base of ped to cycle...

seems one would be far more likely to get ahead with unamped mining and a bit of light trading...

Patience for Friends...

Intresting suggetions... The conclusion is that the first step for a Noob is to make Friends in game... to have the Friendlist full to can make Swunt by Ambu & Troxy... SweatTeam and other groupactivities!

Never try somethink Solo in entropia!?!... :eyecrazy:

solo swunt a chirpy xD

I started out 2 years ago sweating and unamped enmatter mining while walking for fruits and stones.

I think that walking for fruits/stones while spending what you do find on probes for unamped mining is still a good option even if sweating is becoming less rewarding.

This is less social than some of the sweating/swunting activities, but if they get into an active soc, then soc chat is always active and you can still socalize while wondering alone in the wilderness.

Its still very much a game where the individual needs to find what is fun for them and build a strategy around that though.

gl and have fun,

narfi

Intresting suggetions... The conclusion is that the first step for a Noob is to make Friends in game... to have the Friendlist full to can make Swunt by Ambu & Troxy... SweatTeam and other groupactivities!

Never try somethink Solo in entropia!?!... :eyecrazy:

Well a filled frienlist is always a big plus but you don't really need one. Just wait at Nea's or Limnaidian TP and you usually find a team quite fast. You can always start one too. Also when you are a bit more skilled you can try solo swunting Snablesnot-Male Young and Sabakuma or make a smaller team with someone you trust and try hit'n'run swunting and split decay bills, sweat and loot after.

Back