Whats next ? - Advice for the next gear up of a player just hitting L100

Supajosh

Alpha
Josh supajosh the fisrt
Hi Guys,

I come to the mass wisdom of PCF to help get some ideas about the best next upgrade for my avatar. Ive been playing over 15 years now and finally am just about to hit Level 100 and 250hp sure took me a while :ROFLMAO:

Although id like to think my overall entropia knowledge is pretty good at this point, im all too a wear of how many changes and new items that have entered the game over the recent period so im willing to bet there are options that exist that i haven't yet considered, especially when other planets and new plates combinations are considered. certainly with the onset of the new AP plates there might be opportunity for lessor amours to be spaced quite nicely for the odd occasions.

My current amour adj jag+5b has been great up to now but the big questions is -

What amour and plate combination is now best as i move up to the to the next stage of the game ?

1. I dont care so much about visuals of the amour- i want practicality
  2. I am happy to pay what it costs providing there is valid justification
  3. I ideally would like to consider cheaper less well known options should any new changes in items such as the plates making them a better commercially viable options
  4. Im looking for the best all round setup although again with the new plate combinations this gets confusing
  5. something i can have a long time that isnt likely to drop in value as fast as some of the newer amours have
  6. any advice on the decay and upkeep of players that have certain setups would be really good to hear too

My current stats and game play -

250 hp Level 100 laser hit
-Tier 10 M83 predator + summer ring 2020+christmas ring 2022 ( combine = 15 % reload /5 crit chance inc / 10% life steal /15 % inc crit dmg )
I am at the point where im attempting to grind quite hard to find some mu and happy to hunt the bigger mobs to do so- whilst often doing big soc hunts at the very top end of the mob lists

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the discussion below- hopefully this can help some other fellow entropians too !

If you have the peds then POE TWEN is the way to go, also a lot depends what type of mobs you want to hunt.
Paneleon Spec Imperium with incision plates is great imp/cut/stab armor.

Paneleon Spec Imprium with Incisions like Diamond said with vigi adjusted and 6a for bots (ends up being like sub 9k ped.)

Or if you want just 1 armor set, then Boar adjusted with 6A and 5B plates (about 9-10k)

Could also try for aegis pieces for robots and go phantom or ghoul for animals.

But the better question is what is the highest damage/hp mob you’re going to kill? Then we can better answer the question.

For weapons. Well you’re level 100. Big whoop. Do you want to move into a loot 2.0 weapon or not is the real question.

Have a look at Improved Imperium, with your ring combo all you need is more "Increased Critical Damage" which you'll get 15% for full set.
You'll lose some defensive stats overall but gain some acid and electric. This set sold as cheap as 16-17k earlier today I think.

If have more money to spend check out Modified version, more overall defense than adj jag but also 20% Increased Critical Damage!

If wanna get endgame armor, PoTE TWEN i would say!

Thanks for your input so far - ive already got adj jag so looking for something with a bit more than boar -

imp imperium is a great suggestion as is poe twen - what would be the best amour plates to go hand in hand with those in your opinions ?

My advice is to only Listen to advice from players above 300 HP and above profession lvl 100 , total skill count of atleast 450k skill points

Otherwise you just copy other dudes mistakes. Idk if you benefit that way

Last edited:
My advice is to only Listen do advice from players above 300 HP and above profession lvl 100 , total skill count of atleast 450k skill points

Otherwise you just copy other dudes mistakes. Idk if you benefit that way
sounds like a valid point really - common ubers share your wisdom :)

Hi m8 and Gratz on ur achiwments level 100 and 250 hp is a very nice goal to reach.
My tip would be to keep ur jag and maybe upgrade ur 5bs and if u need better protection then go for L options my 2 pecs :)
And evade is better then a expensive armour just saying ;)

what kind of price do imp/mod/aug/ or perf 5b go for these days ? the block advantage there could be a nice ped save over time perhaps ?

what kind of price do imp/mod/aug/ or perf 5b go for these days ? the block advantage there could be a nice ped save over time perhaps ?
perf 5B aren’t readily available. Would have to work towards Perf serp scales or something. They aren’t the best bang for your buck like they used to be.

The plates also decay when they block all damage.

Definitely try for Mod imperium or POTE. I think theres like 2 or 3 POTE sets for sale right now. I think one set is like 85-90k ped.

Honestly I wouldn't worry to much about armor if I was you - I would try to get better eff gun tbh ☺️
That’s what I first said, but only lv 100 300 hp players give good advice according to mr. I’ll never sell my bp70

Agreed, armor is overrated in most cases with good dps and life steal with the skills most dont buy top tier armor and do perfectly fine. Adj jag is nice for most mobs with ur dps and life steal.

My recommendation would be mod serp scales/ imp 5bs and then look for a high dpp and eff weapon. Congrats on your lv100 milestone!

Imagine a scale at the easy end you can kill mobs without any armour and at the opposite end of the scale even with the best armour and weapon in game you will be unable to hunt certain mobs. From the easy end you can continue scaling up the mob ladder and there will come a point where you cannot hunt some mobs without any armour. From there it's a case of scaling up with relevant armour. So in essence it really depends on what you want to hunt and where you want to place yourself on the mob ladder.

First priority should be a decent weapon with the best efficiency you can afford.

Having said that assuming you have a decent weapon then there is an advantage with having decent armour as well. It will give you the freedom to hunt higher level mobs.

So consider first where you fit on the mob ladder and then choose accordingly.

I'll give a bit more perspective to this question than most others here, only because Armors in Entropia is something I have been studying for over a decade now, and as far as I know, I am the only one to ever attempt to organize them into charts (see my Armor Guide in the Armor section of this forum).

You asked specifically about all-around armor so here's your options, the below armors are the closest thing you can find to "all-around" armors at this time:

Strongest and most useful UL armor in the game at this time: Carramone
Probably 2nd strongest AND most useful: Perseus (better imp/cut/stb than POTE, no cold)
Third: POTE TWEN (no cold - best armor buffs available)
Fourth: Modified Shadow (needs incision plates for stab and plates for special damage)
Fifth: Wormslayer (strong choice for a bot hunter. no cold, no electric)
Sixth: Supremacy (like Shadow, needs incision plates for stab and plates for special damage)
Seventh: Perfected Imperium (low burn/pen)
Eight: Mayhem
Ninth: Merry Mayhem (no burn)

Some other quasi all-around armors to consider: Dark Knight, Ethereal, FEN Angel, Eon, ...

When I say "useful" it means how many mobs you can actually hunt with it without plates and these 9 above are amazingly useful armors and you can hunt almost anything with them. I believe the unique set of male Perseus is currently for sale.

Then from there we start to get into less useful armors but still strong in their own way. In order, I would list them in this way:

- Spina (low cut/burn, no cold/electric)
- Perfected Gorgon (no burn/pen, or cold/electric)
- Imperial HAZEN (low impact, cut. stab)
- Titan (no cut, burn/pen or acid)
- Lotus (nice Impact and Cold)
- Paneleon Spec (nice Impact)
- DSEC (nice special damage stats)

In my soc, I see people using Mod Viceroy past level 100, or just hiring healers, or using their Adj Jag still. When you have 10% lifesteal, you really don't need to go for the strongest armor options that's for sure.

Anyway, I dunno if these lists help but there you go.

Legends

Disclaimer: I'm only level 55 laser and have only 178 hp so according to Isa Prey, I know nothing so do NOT use my advice :p

Last edited:
I'll give a bit more perspective to this question than most others here, only because Armors in Entropia is something I have been studying for over a decade now, and as far as I know, I am the only one to ever attempt to organize them into charts (see my Armor Guide in the Armor section of this forum).

Strongest and most useful UL armor in the game at this time: Carramone
Probably 2nd strongest AND most useful: Perseus (better imp/cut/stb than POTE, no cold)
Third: POTE TWEN (no cold)
Fourth: Modified Shadow (needs incision plates for stab and plates for special damage)
Fifth: Wormslayer (strong choice for a bot hunter. no cold, no electric)
Sixth: Supremacy (like Shadow, needs incision plates for stab and plates for special damage)
Seventh: Perfected Imperium (low burn/pen)
Eight: Mayhem
Ninth: Merry Mayhem (no burn)

Some other quasi all-around armors to consider: Dark Knight, Ethereal, FEN Angel, Eon, ...

When I say "useful" it means how many mobs you can actually hunt with it without plates and these 9 above are amazingly useful armors and you can hunt almost anything with them. I believe the unique set of male Perseus is currently for sale.

Then from there we start to get into less useful armors but still strong in their own way. In order, I would list them in this way:

- Spina (low cut/burn, no cold/electric)
- Perfected Gorgon (no burn/pen, or cold/electric)
- Imperial HAZEN (low impact, cut. stab)
- Titan (no cut, burn/pen or acid)
- Lotus (nice Impact and Cold)
- Paneleon Spec (nice Impact)
- DSEC (nice special damage stats)

In my soc, I see people using Mod Viceroy past level 100, or just hiring healers, or using their Adj Jag still. When you have 10% lifesteal, you really don't need to go for the strongest armor options that's for sure.

Anyway, I dunno if these lists help but there you go.

Legends

Disclaimer: I'm only level 55 laser and have only 178 hp so according to Isa Prey, I know nothing so do NOT use my advice :p
You couldv said you were only a noob at the start instead of the end, would of saved me reading all that for nothing 😂. Another set of perseus was in gold rush rewards? If so then its not unique anymore

Honestly I wouldn't worry to much about armor if I was you - I would try to get better eff gun tbh ☺️
This.

Not what you wanna hear I'm sure because it's not easy, but, it's worth trading your entire storage + inventory for a 2.0 weapon and ignore armors. Start build up slowly afterwards. If you put pen on paper and verify the losses you're having / potentially having for say next year, you will come to the same conclusion. Aim for 75%+ eff, 3.2+ dpp.

You couldv said you were only a noob at the start instead of the end, would of saved me reading all that for nothing 😂. Another set of perseus was in gold rush rewards? If so then its not unique anymore

If I had done that I would have robbed you of the opportunity to gain more insight into how some of these uber armors compare to each other and what each one is lacking ;)

Or you can just go ahead and tell me that you already knew everything I showed in my post ...

This

And this

This.

Not what you wanna hear I'm sure because it's not easy, but, it's worth trading your entire storage + inventory for a 2.0 weapon and ignore armors. Start build up slowly afterwards. If you put pen on paper and verify the losses you're having / potentially having for say next year, you will come to the same conclusion. Aim for 75%+ eff, 3.2+ dpp.

This.

This. Armour not gonna make your efficiency or looter any better. Invest or save for the gun. Build looter. That is my plan i decided on last year. I'm a bit shit on the implementation. But will get there eventually. Build your ped card. Even 1% MU helps you.

Many people do not understand how Importent the stats on a weapon are
The Statement with Listen to people above xxxx amount of skills, i didnt pull out of my ass to make other people feel Bad or something... its just some Things only make sence if you actualy go threw them. I also keep learning new Things every day, they come with the increasing skill because you want to see more progress, unlock more content, min max your returns, get better... and thats when you start overthinking Things.

But listening to people who do have the proove of skills that they went threw stuff are a better lead.

That way you dont hear stuff like : ahh you dont need a 2.0 weapon
Or ahhh just buy a sb 10 for 40k
Or effi 92% effi allows you to profit from kerberos

Example from a noob perspective
A bp 70 perfected is a bp 70 perfected with 92 Efficiency, a great weapon.

For someone who does actualy live test stuff,(means he uses his peds to runn around with the item and shoot things)
This weapon turns to a bp 70 perfected
With 4.2 dpp 250 dps 85.6 efficiency

The dpp turn to more mobs you can kill/better loot
The effi turns to better return
The dps turn to more heal,less time spend for kills
Less time spend for kills turns to more skills
More skills turn to better items
Better items turn to more content
More content turns to being ahead of others
Being ahead of others turns to more profit
More profit turns to domination

If you dont understand this basic, please stop giving advice in order to protect other people doing mistakes

Last edited:
... snip the big wall of text

Dude, you joined the 300 club like a week ago and you are already disregarding other peoples advice en masse based on that random criteria.

My advice to @Supajosh , don't take advice from a failed reseller turned a failed hunter. Talk to people that profit regularly and filter out the rest.

Focus on efficiency, dps, looter level and eco.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Dude, you joined the 300 club like a week ago and you are already disregarding other peoples advice en masse based on that random criteria.

My advice to @Supajosh , don't tave advice from a failed reseller turned a failed hunter. Talk to people that profit regularly and filter out the rest.

Focus on efficiency, dps, looter level and eco.

Good luck.

And i will join the 350 Club then the 400 Club then the 450 Club then the 500 Club, guess why ?
Because i did quit listening to 88 hp avatars and do my own Research instead.

Dont get me wrong, i got nothing against other people, but specialy those Kind of "sugguestions" made me and many others waste a hell lot of time.

Man... there are people around who think ares ring boosts your excavation speed
And if you explain them that this is not the case they think you lie to them

Love how you had to put your bp70 into armor upgrade topick 😆

thats a perfect example to Show what i mean, thanks for the comment

Dps in combination with liveleach will lead into lower protection needet

When mob Hits you with 100HP every two seconds
But your heal 50 HP every second

You need no armor

Dps 250 10% liveleach is 25hp
Means you Cover 25hp incomming damage per second if you add a tezla thats 37.5 HP and you Cover 37.5 hp your apm is 92 means you heal your self 1.5 Times per second during the time the mob does not hit you

Now lets assume your armor Covers imp cut stab 30 damage

Your protection is up to 90
With the liveleach you convert that to 127.5
The liveleach is based on the damage if you crit that adds too as a side Note *

So actualy the weapon is a major part of the topic armor.

What makes the diference between hunting daspletor stalkers in a armor value range between 80-180k ped
Or using a panelon spec for 8-15k

I rather put the Extra free ped into a great weapon, and then when you got peds left go for a armor

*But i guess i am wrong and i just want to push up the bp 70 in order to sell it 🙋🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
oh i actually agree with you, gun > armor.
Im 320hp+ and still use ghost most of the time and rely on resto and LS

I'm confused.

17 years ingame
level 100
lotta team/soc hunts (meaning you are socially active ingame)

At this stage, you're asking armor advice from forum writers? :scratch:

Fess up. You just wanted to stir the pot and see how the bees react, didn't ya?

I'm confused.

17 years ingame
level 100
lotta team/soc hunts (meaning you are socially active ingame)

At this stage, you're asking armor advice from forum writers? :scratch:

Fess up. You just wanted to stir the pot and see how the bees react, didn't ya?
Nah, there’s some pretty high “skilled” players who know jack shit. Just like there’s some pretty low “skilled” players who know a lot. There’s some people who just don’t care or want to learn how to play a specific way, which is fine.

This.

I’ve just done this. So I’ll back this conclusion. I was told this by several players that know their shit here so. I trust this advice fully. Now let’s see what I can do with a 2.0 😅

currently only have Ghost and ares augmented ring 🤣 will build back up over this year though once I work out what I need to buy for my new setup..

Back