What's the point of this?

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Every now and then I come across this in the auction

index.php

What's the point of posting EP like this? Is this to "drive up" the MU? if you watch the "history" of the explosive projectiles, you can clearly see what I mean.

Some people (streamers) have been known to offer ped prizes and use auctions like this to pay people on other planets.

Believe this falls under the market manipulation catagory as if people transfering ped or items from 1 account to another on different planets

Some people (streamers) have been known to offer ped prizes and use auctions like this to pay people on other planets.
Just to clarify, I assume you mean that the streamers BUY what is on offer as a means of payment, while the person receiving the peds is the one who actually puts the offer onto the auction?
If the material is a high volume one, then I doubt it could be seen as market manipulation, although care may have to be taken not to 'overload' the statistics. As in, selling just 1 (one) explosive for presumably an agreed 20 peds might indeed alter the market stats. Selling 1k, or even 10k, would have far less effect on the average market price, whilst still only being 1 or 10 pecs of product. It shouldn't be forgotten that MA also charges 50 pecs for the 'transfer' of peds in this way - not to be confused with the transfer of goods, which costs a minimim of 2 peds. The buyer/streamer is hardly going to collect, however ;)

Although if the 1 explosive is also hopefully a way to make absolutely sure no other person buys by mistake, then yes, I can see the logic/reason for it too.
I hope the AH system is overhauled anyway at some point, but I'm also aware of being careful what I wish for. Warning: the results of changes may be better or worse, and the market history of changes in this universe is not entirely positive, let's be honest ;)

Edit: My grey cells sometimes still have a bit of after-posting momentum, and it occurs to this grey matter that there is a flaw in my thinking above. For posterity and my own 'grounding', I'll leave things as they are, but announce to all and sundry that there is something a bit wrong up there. I can think of a partial solution but it doesn't want to go very far. Thus, two questions: what could be done better by the 'streamer?' and do people think MA might in any way be persuaded to suggest/implement their own 'solution', along with a statement?

Last edited:
I can understand that
But...

Someone who buys 1 explosive projectile without any TT, for 1 ped, with a 50 pec fee, with a 7 day waiting period?

Seems pretty damn fishy to me.... I honestly cant see any reason to do this other than to fuck with the market history of an item.

I can understand that
But...

Someone who buys 1 explosive projectile without any TT, for 1 ped, with a 50 pec fee, with a 7 day waiting period?

Seems pretty damn fishy to me.... I honestly cant see any reason to do this other than to fuck with the market history of an item.

you maybe also forgot the "drivings" of some literally few days players old...they craft ep1, and think of gaining 1 ped here and there and try things out....
like putting a 0.1% azuro in auc for 1 ped and other things...
its sometimes "only" new ppl trying things out to gain ped, dont understand markup nor any other "moralic trading rules" etc...
on this case i wouldnt see something "fishy " there....--> there are other examples of real "fishy" things like putting a christmas tree in auc for 2000 ped BO etc

only my opinion tho,
Eddie

Example of auc picture on 26th jan 2022

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/auc-example-2022-01-26-jpg.338547/

Last edited:
you maybe also forgot the "drivings" of some literally few days players old...they craft ep1, and think of gaining 1 ped here and there and try things out....
like putting a 0.1% azuro in auc for 1 ped and other things...
its sometimes "only" new ppl trying things out to gain ped, dont understand markup nor any other "moralic trading rules" etc...
on this case i wouldnt see something "fishy " there....--> there are other examples of real "fishy" things like putting a christmas tree in auc for 2000 ped BO etc

only my opinion tho,
Eddie

Example of auc picture on 26th jan 2022

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/auc-example-2022-01-26-jpg.338547/

I can understand that, however I have checked the entropia tracker of the person who added the item

He is NOT a new player, at his level he should absolutely know what the auction is and how it works. Unless he ate a lot of lead paint as a child.

Same goes with the person who placed the bid.

Theres a MD10 miningfinder on auction with BO of 70k peds. Starting at 20k peds . Thats 100 peds just to put it on auction. Why ? This item is almost TT fodder . Why ? No idea who does this

first thought is "money laundering" but it seems like they'd use a less public method of doing it.

it's also possible that there's someone out there rich enough that paying $10 worth of PED to transfer $7k worth of peds to another planet is worth less than the time it would take to travel.

Maybe it's an artist like Banksy, who is attempting to recreate the worlds mountain ranges with sales graphs.

Or... market manipulation which most things on auction have the Alps spikes on charts at some point.

Been same for years, posts crop up here time to time and people fake surprise.

Reactions: jak
Every now and then I come across this in the auction

index.php

What's the point of posting EP like this? Is this to "drive up" the MU? if you watch the "history" of the explosive projectiles, you can clearly see what I mean.
If it's someone's play at market manipulation, the jokes on them! The MU is based on value of item sold! So one pec wouldn't do a thing to the over all MU on the item! 🤣

I can understand that
But...

Maybe they need a single ammo to finish off their stockpile of skilling rockets, and don't want to damage their perfect zero skill score in crafting? :dunno:

Seriously though, are we really worried about the market manipulation of explosive ammo? I mean, we've seen clear funkiness on things like Vigi arms or some such nonsense, but this? There's been too many cases where folks use the auction system for ped transferals because it's the ONLY method possible for players who can't connect ingame for reasons of planet, location, time zone, etc. These things with sub-pec TT items are rare and I wouldn't stress on them.

btw: selling 1 lyst ore, 999 ped BO

• Haha
Reactions: jak
rules.jpg

This is a private server of 20 years old game.
The name Reborn was born because of the nostalgia of the older players... depending on the peak moment in the game there are 10-20k players.

An interesting fact is that there are at least five times fewer players on the official server... although the game has not had a monthly subscription fee for a long time.

An interesting fact is that streamers are much more than visitors to this forum... and I will not compare streaming channels at all.

Three days ago I downloaded the game to play a little. On the second day I created a second account, because we can make 7 avatars in one account. We can delete the created avatar, but it takes about 7 days, so it is much easier to make a second account with which to make a new character.

While transferring my sword to my new avatar... within ~ 5 minutes, both accounts were banned... and within 10-15 minutes I contacted a person from the server to ask why I was banned.

I did not seal our conversation, but I received a link to their policies, and I was told that the ban was due to the use of a second account.

Of course, I explained to the person that I am not interested in studying law and therefore I am not familiar with their rules, but I am in the game for fun. And also the situation is completely ridiculous, because my avatars are like checking the forgotten... Whether I am an exploiter or a fraud and I should be stigmatized in this case as such... the person obviously decided that I am not after my avatars are 2-3 level.

Anyway, after about 15 minutes I continued to play with my second account and was asked to get acquainted with their rules...

There is an interesting analogy between the two games... what I would emphasize is the activity of the team that definitely takes care of the gameplay in the game... and what I would emphasize for the Entropia team is that while stirring in the nose with a finger, with the other hand pats donors on the ass and tells them sweet stories.

This is not the first topic of market manipulation, but it is an everyday thing in the game... an everyday thing that determines the prices of everything from this data.
Nothing will change, because that's how it was made to work by MA.
RCE... blah... the game is an absolute parody.

PPRPS.
Who cares about marketing when we have channel for the globals.

Maybe they need a single ammo to finish off their stockpile of skilling rockets, and don't want to damage their perfect zero skill score in crafting? :dunno:

Seriously though, are we really worried about the market manipulation of explosive ammo? I mean, we've seen clear funkiness on things like Vigi arms or some such nonsense, but this? There's been too many cases where folks use the auction system for ped transferals because it's the ONLY method possible for players who can't connect ingame for reasons of planet, location, time zone, etc. These things with sub-pec TT items are rare and I wouldn't stress on them.

btw: selling 1 lyst ore, 999 ped BO
the inability to have offline dropoffs, society banks, or even mail with attachments, is a really annoying thing

Back