What's wrong with me

osten

Dominant
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Eon Ost Turf
Every time I watch a EU video on youtube, I tend to move my mousepointer over mobs in the background to check their maturity... Even if I :duh: there and then, I do it the next time too, as if my brain thinks it will work one day! :hammer:

It's normal, we all do it :grouphug:

Sometimes I even do that with ancient screenshots to check item names in loot windows :)

Why I check the mobs (There's a reason..)

Every time I watch a EU video on youtube, I tend to move my mousepointer over mobs in the background to check their maturity... Even if I :duh: there and then, I do it the next time too, as if my brain thinks it will work one day! :hammer:

If you know your enemy, you know yourself --SunTzu , Author of The Art of War

Well as the previous poster said, we all do it, but some of us have better reasons than others..

One reason why to check the mob, is in fact to know if you can take the mob or not.. and I use a simple rule of thumb..

IT goes like this..

Take your Evade r profession (If you are hunting melee mobs I.e. mobs like Atrox, etc.)(Or Dodge if you are hunting ranged mobs I.E. Robots / Oratans) and add 3 to it.. (Yes you heard me.. just 3..

So for example let's say you're hunting a level 8 mob and your evader profession is say level 6, can you take this mob? The answer is yes (Provided it's not a robot which is a ranged mob and ist's levels are based on the Dodger ) Just be sure to have a little bit of armor on to protect yourself or not, if you want to get say some evade or dodge skill

I ususally grab the life bar on the mob or roll my mouse over it in order to gauge not only the maturity but also the danger level (Why do you think those L numbers are out there?

In short, by gaugeing what you can and can not hunt, you get a better feel of what you can take.. For example My Evader is level 22 and my Dodger is level 15, so I look for mobs that are equal to say L25

So let's say I go up against a mob like Kerberos, PRoviders) Which are Level 4 and I'm level 22 or so, I can probably take up to say 5 or 6 kerberos banging on me and I just keep swinnging or shooting, but once it gets beyond that I tent to have to break out a heal ball..

Also Healers are important too. A good healer can actually help you take a mob that is up to 5 levels above those professions(Evader/Dodger).

So there you go.. There's a reason why you scope out your mobs. Cause if you shoot blindly at a mob and you don't know what level is, then you could be wasting ped..

That's all I have to say on this matter.. Play Smarter not Harder..

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines,
A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

Tell the streamer/youtuber to be more considerate and drag HP bars for their viewers :D

The healer profession is dead.
I Just take a mayhem gamma amp with 7 percent lifesteal.
And then I can solo a mulmun elite with An occasional fap.
Or visit the blakshaah and get a Nice 30 min healing buff.
Mindark killed yet another profession.
( Reply to ben coyote)

well, why do I always try to enlarge pics which are printed on paper, while I know it only works on touchscreens?

:scratch:

I do it watching live twitch streams. :laugh:

I work on a desktop with a mouse and have students bring me laptops when they have an issue. I always grab my mouse to move the curser on the laptop..... shit never works.....

When i used to be big in to 3d design a few years back in most face to face meetings at work my.mind was trying to break up the poeple in the meeting in to polys to figure out best way to fracture them in to smaller number of vertices using box modelling

All of the best of us do it, even if many do not admit it. :p

That all proves that MA manage to addict us so badly that we have our minds rigged to Entropia. :wtg:

On night I was dreaming that I was mining on dome 14 near a corner and got a tower.
I wake up feeling totally confused.
I came to my PC rush to CND (at the time) went to dome 14 near the same place I drop a bomb and...... No Resources Found....

Dam it!

Back