When I was new in this game!

Leshrac Brevin

Old Alpha
Society
The Rebellion
Leshrac Holynight Brevin
Good news everyone!

I hereby list all memories I have about Project Entropia and invite everybody to

share your favorite Entropia memories

when you started the game!

- I read about Project Entropia in an article about Second Life in a newsmagazine website in 2005 and registered
- I was flashed by the graphics with my Pentium 1200, although I had no idea how shabby it was compared to now!
- I started sweating, had 1k sweat in 30 minutes (collecting 19 sweat per attempt!)
- sweat sold for 11 ped and that was my first money!
- bought Opalo and died while trying to kill a Daikiba
- Saw the ASTEROID for 100.000 PED on auction and could not believe someone would EVER pay that money for a virtual game, lol!
- Died at molisk youngs at Camp Phoenix while trying to kill it, over and over and decided to go back to Exaro and Daikiba, haha!
- Was trying to follow the barkers at Port Atlantis market area and could not read a single line!
- sold my first 300 Animal Muscle Oil for 108% and was really excited that I used the Auction House!
- thought "sweat" was used to get to higher levels, haha!
- thought people that could kill molisks were ubers!
- thought after the update, that introduced them, limited items have no use at all and tt'ed them right away!
- picked up a lot of Dung and could not move really, wondered what happened
- was seeing "uber" people in Pixie and hoped to get that awesome armor myself one day

more to come!

What are your favorite Project Entropia & Entropia Universe memories when you played the game in your first month?

First started with sweating, got bored after a day or two.
Stoped playing for a year.
came back with a little depo decided to go the crafting route.
mechanical engineer level 0 + EP 1 QR 1 it was, success rate 1% or so, but fortunately looted a few high MU BPs on the small amount of successes i did get.
collected fruits & stones (which sold 200-450k% back then).
when i unlocked BPC, i decided to sink my 150 PED in a ~0,4 ped per click tt food craft, looted a L BP which sold for 320 BP... (wasn't EP recycle, that one didn't exist back then).
then kept going crafting TT-food stuff for high MU BPs , did some mining runs here and there which gave me some 450ish PED hofs and even a 4.6k tower a year after playing.

• I came to life at PA and had no clue what all the spam was about (there was no trade-channel back then)
  • two days later New Oxford was released and I thought I was the elite when I TP-ed there :scratch2:
  • somebody ran me to Camp Phoenix and we passed massive mobs like Snablesnots or what they were and I asked if those were tough mobs
  • those TP-runs, ahh...
  • there was a wormhole once on the plain-side of Camp Phoenix and everybody kept yelling that they had opened it to the oil-rig while many ran into it
  • I got killed so often while sweating at Camp Phoenix that somebody gave me a FAP-5 for free
  • I had like 12.5k of sweat at the sweat cap and sold them for like 1.45/k
  • I was at Nea's shortly after it had a TP before it became so popular as a sweating place and I was talking to someone there about how that place would be nice to do such group-things.
  • I thought using a power fist was more economic than guns by pure "logic" reasoning... *sigh*
  • later I noticed somebody bought all ESIs at the auction (not the (L)-ones we have now) for quite a markup and that kept going and I was happy to get some cheaper ones that I could sell higher (back then I hardly had enough PEDs to buy one). I mean that wasn't easy with how the AH worked back then (moving the PED-card first and such). That got me some extra PEDs.
  • old dead Hadesheim
  • the Orb-event
  • the server stress-test event at New Oxford (that one sucked)
  • the egg?!
  • I can't remember what TP it was (a white one, maybe Shinook), but it killed my PSU (yep, the power thing, that PC made absolutely no noise) every time I logged in. Support had to relocate me...
  • somebody posted that they found a way to swim from Eudoria to Amethera (the islands in between came later)...
  • the PEDs/PECs in the loot
  • hunting without the level-info above the health-bar of the mob (which is why I thought I was tough after I killed my first Argonaut after it had killed me like twice and I was hunting without armour already back then)
  • I was happy with my look when they offered the redesigning of avatars the first time. I sadly was too fast the second time and at the third time they didn't have my haircut any longer so I stayed with what I looked like after the second time...
  • the seven years I wasn't playing ;)

I started in ancient times, but here is what i remember.

Got spawned at the spaceship in the old port atlantis. Then i ran out of the city, i remember these big like bees or hornets, i saw someone swarmed of them standing fapping all the time. I later understood that was AFK mod fap skilling. Then all those orange people doing green spells and sucking sweat out.

Came to town with PVP ring. People standing all day long shooting with mann MPH at a mod fapper in middle of ring. I thought to myself what a waste of money. Boy was i wrong there LOL.

Someone took me hunting at minopolis, trapping spiders and shooting them down with Mann MpH. Same concept as the rings, just with loot sometime in the end. We looted Salamander thighs (m) and he was really nice and let me keep them since I was new.

I also loved the robot attacks in towns back then. Would come out of nowhere and kill everyone, i think it was mainly twins peak.

I also loved the jukeboxes in towns.

I will probably need to add to this list over time since I will recall things later that I will miss.
  • I read about Project Entropia in a magazine in a doctor's office in 2003 but was playing Battlefield 1942 mods most of the time with friends so it took a computer and connection upgrade before I tackled any MMO especially one overseas.
  • I started in 2004 in PA with really no clue so I just started running around exploring for the first few days finding TPs and sweating mobs mostly snablesnots.
  • I can't remember exactly but I saw an avatar sweat and then kill the mob for loot and I thought it was worth trying out so I deposited a small sum and got TT gear. Looted some Pixie armor and set a goal to complete the set. Finally found an auction to sell what little loot I had accumulated and then the doors were open to all types of gear and my wallet :broke:.
  • I always got a kick out of the avatar chatter and emotes from the old avatars. Busy outposts and cities were quite the cacophony.
  • Seeing very well known avatars acid pool and trapped mob skilling was eye opening indeed but something I won't forget.
  • From that point on it was about growing my avatar and trying new gear plus finding the oil rig and learning about PE through the forums as well as asking other players. I spent a long time in this mode and took on mining as well.
  • Globals were a bit more rare and HOFs even more so. Items in loot that I could use always made my day. I can remember buying a ML-35 and then looting one a week later so it was a nice pay back.
  • Joining the DNA society was pretty awesome (many a good time in that society and a great bunch of people) when it morphed into Art of War things really picked up. Society rivalries were interesting but that competition definitely inspired me to kit my avatar better.
  • Land Grabs were such an event with lots of planning and alliances involved.
  • Version updates were always exciting to see what new content would be created and what new loot might show up.
  • Blasting through personal hunting and mining paradigms made the skilling worth it, in my opinion.
  • It took forever and a day considering how much I mined but my first mining tower will always be momentous and I am glad its recorded here same with my only hunting ATH. Finding a decent amount of Rugaritz over a short period of time was something I won't forget either since it was always hard to find.
  • Discovering a Carramone harness during a team hunt was awesome as well because higher level armor loot always eluded me.
  • Seeing Project Entropia grow and get press was pretty awesome (TI, CND, PPs, etc). I had a lot of friends always asking me about it because they knew I played.
  • From 2004-2012 I spend a lot of time growing my avatar and reacting to the changes each VU would throw at me, I was not a big fan of L items when they were introduced for example.
  • 2012 was when I had to scale back for work and school as well as my own dumb mistakes and apathetic support at the time but I've gotten over it.
  • PE/EU had a huge impact on my RL when I sold my gear and a chunk of my skills. Those funds went to many things but most notably was a huge PC upgrade and Wacom Cintiq and savings buffer.
Like I said I will probably add to this as memories come back to me. In a nutshell these are things that had an impact on me from PE to EU which I sort of consider phase I. Phase II is underway but it reaches out beyond EU so in eight years from now I can reminisce on it all.

System updates had no bugs and were fast...:scratch:

We had returns back then, and chances to win actually.

took me a couple of days before I figured out how to move in the directions I wished instead of anywhere else.
took me another week to learn how to chat
took me a couple of weeks before I understood that dying wasn't the end of the game. at first I thought I had to start all over again.
omg I bought a fap from tt, amazing experience!

took me a couple of months before I figured out auction was not only for ubers

daikiba's were doable, but beware of the berycleds!
feffs NE of PA were scary, but they gave back real peds and pecs! quite a thrill
don't go to the west of PA, huge dino with some unpronounciable name (cornundacauda's)

I spawned at the old PA new player area just offshore, I saw a boring looking building and in the distance an interesting looking town, so I stepped between the bushes and swam to the town, then 3 days later had to ask my son how the hell to play this 'stupid game' because ofc I had missed all the tutorials. and no I am not blonde :duh:
He started playing three months before me, but I globalled (proper 50pedder) first.. not bad for an oldie huh !
learned a bit more in the 10 years since:giggle:

Class mate used to spamming me telling how much he was making from a game. He spammed so much for several months untill I gave up and had to try this game. My first year was just to make money and go with the opalo+a104 to hunt molisk. Those were the best moments. Hunting and looting Shogun from those were as if you had orgasm... Amazing feeling. Having a 50+ ped card felt so damn rich back then and could last as long as i could remember...
I could compare it to having a 5000 peds now.

Between that and sweating Feffs and corns at Camp Phoenix. Rinse and repeat for 2-3 years.
A global or a hof had meaning. You could scream of joy. Now feels a bit meaningless :unsure: Not sure why... Did the game some sort of magic? serious question.
Opalo amping were nerfed and so I started finally to mine, and that opened the door to profitz. That class mate which i still have contact with, have hard time believing i make money. To begin with was him who told me how he proudly made those peds and now look at him. So funny each time i think of it. Unforgettable moments :LOL:

A global or a hof had meaning. You could scream of joy. Now feels a bit meaningless :unsure: Not sure why... Did the game some sort of magic? serious question.
The joy of a global was lost when MA decided having swirls for as little as 10 ped would improve player retention. Instead it has imo had the opposite effect.
When we were new we waited ages for that first 50 ped + mob, but wow what a thrill, pretty much every older player can tell you what it was and where even years later. Now people start swirling after hours or at most days in game, it isn't special anymore.
MA need to realise a sense of achievement is what keeps players striving, and I'm sorry but the buzz from a 10 pedder really doesn't last.

My first global.. 50 ped Rippersnapper Young in the lake alongside the old combibo sweat Camp NW of PA, silly fish tried to bite my toes as I crossed the lake...KABOOM!!

It took me almost 2 years to get a solo hunting global of 50 PED.

* No vehicles and called CRT many times at first.

The under 50 PED globals are a bit embarrassing if you are from that time, I had one I think for 6 PED once and wanted to crawl under a table.

4-5 HoF's in almost 13 years is pretty bad though..just saying. ;)

there really was a support team that didn't take eons to answer...

Back