Where/How did you hear about entropia?

I was in a gay bar, and some guy in glitter thong and leather hat had the website tattoo'd on his arse.

You sure it was the websites tattoo on his arse and not a asteroid name on his arm ??

You sure it was the websites tattoo on his arse and not a asteroid name on his arm ??

I don't remember much else, I was strapped to a table naked at the time, being spanked with a whip.

There was some Rock music playing, if that helps......LOL

Rick

friend was playing it pre gold so I was watching him play.. looked awesome!!!!

I believe the first time was when I read on Gamespot about the beta testing somewhere in 2001.

Back in 2000+, I was a lot more into games than now, I had a lot more spare time...and I visited sites like Gamespot and Gamepower to read reviews of games. I remember reading about Project Entropia back then and how it was unique as it used real-world money, and (of course) the reviews all proclaimed that you could "make REAL MONEY from Project Entropia!" :rolleyes:

Like most other people who joined, I figured "I'm smart, I can probably make this work" even though I was plenty skeptical.

A decade later, I'm still playing after only $70 or so invested, and I've withdrawn maybe $800 from the game. A week ago, I deposited $100--for the first time since that $70--but more to update my account details than anything else because should I decide to cash out, I don't want any credit card hassles with MindArk. They were notorious back in the old days delaying or even halting pay-outs by months or longer.

What I loved the most about the game back then was the weird music & atmosphere, the game environments, interaction (back then) and style was different from anything else out there. I could hunt for hours feeling so immersed, listening to the spacy soundtracks, until the all-too-frequent & inevitable CTD would slam me back to reality.

At least I can say the game stability now is significantly improved from those days!

In Nov 2005 I read about CND sale on cnn.com's website. I downloaded it to 'check it out' the next day...

From my brother back in 04. Watched him play for about a week before I got him to help me make an account :p Logged on from time to time during the years and back in dec 2010 It became my main game (when age catched up with it :-D) But had a few shorter breaks since then.

Now when I think about it I remember my brother showing me a gaming magazine with some kind of ad. Guess thats how he found out...

I saw about the Treasure Island sale in Guinness Book of World Records back in I think 2005 or 2006. I tried running the game on my family's old computer, but the computer was too slow and bad (windows 98 and dial-up internet...). Then I tried again in 2008 or 2009 when we had cable internet and a better computer after reading about the CND sale in Guinness World Records again, and I could play it then.

Read about it on a men's room wall. Had to bend way over and grab your ankles to read it.

In retrospect, I should have made the connection.

playing ps2 for 16hrs a day a friend told me to play this game and skill up.. i didnt bec no one wil give me a free rk5s...:)

I first heard about Entropia when the treasure island sale happened and was in the news. But i didnt look into the game at the time. Then when the CND sale happened, along with the news that the treasure island owner already broke even, i gave the game a try.

i had never heard of the game mentioned on any game sites before those news articles.

My buddy Joel,

He was like "Hey bro, check out this game. This dude gave me a sword, players really help each other in this. You should play man. I'll give you the link for the download when you get home. Though it's really hard to remember your username and password as it is randomly generated."

That was 2002. :) He moved on, I still live on carrying the dream, hoping for some kind of fully immersive virtual experience someday. I believe Entropia is that frontier. :)

I found it on one of those free game websites. Decent find :p

I aswell found it on some site containing the top MMOs of the time. Was randomly scrolling and clicking until i came upon this PE(site still had not updated it to EU), read about the real cash economy so thought i should give it a try. First time i played was around 2006-2007.

I heard about it by my wife trying to make jokes about playing online games 2 years ago. She recorded a show about online gaming and they mentioned this one. The jokes on her because she got me into this one.

slashdot.org is where I originally heard about it.

Then, I found entropiaforum.com and read several months before finally creating an avatar. Read about it the first time when CND and Treasure Island first sold. Didn't join til January, 2007 when there was an article about how the income from those sales had equaled the amount that was put in to the purchases. I think a lot of folks came in about the same time because of the same articles. I wish I'd not stalled so long to make an avatar since there was a big skill/attribute nerf right before I joined.

Saw it on a bathroom stall wall, 'For a good time go to planetcalypso.com'....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4104731.stm

It was that article above from December 2004 that first alerted me to the game, but by the time I had a system capable of running it it was closer to the auction sale of the asteroid, also variously known as CND (Club Neverdie) and FOMA Fortuna.

my friend played it and he showed me the game (he stated to play it becase his mom played it)

A documentary I saw at the end of 2006 or early 2007 about online gaming, or gaming in general. I thought having a business in a game would be something I might like to try. Never did start that business. :laugh:

In 2007 saw a tv show about mmo's and one of them was about entropia and you guess Neverdie, there was some ingame footage and i liked it.
Made account the same day, loged in and meet nice peoples that are my friends to this day in and out of game.

I saw a segment on a TV show about EU.
They were showing CND and explaind about what RCE was.
It was in -05 or something and i just had to check it out and the rest is as they say, historu.
Been here ever since.
Still a noob in this big world :)

Back