Question: Which breaks first: LP-120 or P25 Extender?

You can calculate this, no?
  • LP-120: decay is 1,5130 PEC, max TT is 205 PED (20.500 PEC)
  • P25: takes 25% of decay, max TT is 60 PED (6.000 PEC)
So when you attach the P25 to the LP-120 things go like this:
  • Decay per shot on LP-120: 1,13475 PEC (75% of 1,5130)
  • Decay per shot on P25: 0,37825 PEC (25% of 1,5130)
And with those numbers the maximum number of uses for each item is:
  • LP-120: 20.500 / 1,13475 = 18.065 uses
  • P25: 6.000 / 0,37825 = 15.862 uses

Result: The Extender breaks before the gun, but just barely.

Using damage enhancers will not change this, the extender will always break when the gun has 12,20% of the TT left (if both were fully repaired).

Thank you @Angel O2 Mercer - that is what I suspected. Does the P25 also have 0.001 PEC decay of its own as well (in addition to what is absorbed)? Or is the 0.001 PEC listed on the Wiki just the minimum decay for a P25?

YhvrmL1.png

The maximum TT of the weapon before the extender breaks is therefore 180 peds.

60 (tt of extender) / 0,25 (absorption rate) = 240 (total tt)
240 (total tt) - 60 (tt of extender) = 180 (tt of weapon)

Isn't it more of a conundrum than that, Simpleton?
If the weap has 240 peds it will end up with 60 peds on it and the extender at zero.
If the weap has 180 peds on it (as max tt), the extender will try and eat a quarter of that, which is 45, and still has 15 tt left on it at the end.

If it is a 240 ped tt weapon, but with only 180 peds on it when you start .... tadaaaah!!! Yes, No?? = A very special case, but is it a unique solution?

Can someone explain to the pleb, why you would use this on an lp-120? Does it add efficiency or something?

Isn't it more of a conundrum than that, Simpleton?
If the weap has 240 peds it will end up with 60 peds on it and the extender at zero.
If the weap has 180 peds on it (as max tt), the extender will try and eat a quarter of that, which is 45, and still has 15 tt left on it at the end.

If it is a 240 ped tt weapon, but with only 180 peds on it when you start .... tadaaaah!!! Yes, No?? = A very special case, but is it a unique solution?
Conundrum?
I was simply pointing out the breakpoint where the extender will break at the same time as the weapon.
  • If the weapon has more tt than 180 ped then the extender will break first.
  • If the weapon has less tt than 180 then weapon will break first.
  • If the weapon has exactly 180 tt then the extender and weapon should break at same time.
The only issue here that isnt accounted for is when the weapon decay is so small it isnt being absorbed by the extender, but I dont think it applies to the LP-120. It might be an issue with the 1 ped weapons though.

Can someone explain to the pleb, why you would use this on an lp-120? Does it add efficiency or something?
Less visits to the repair terminal and yes any attachments mess with efficiency.

For no reason whatsoever would you be using it on a LP120 but some still will use one :p

Conundrum?
Yes, conund.. (like the Enig joke from time travelling in Red Dwarf)
So when you attach the P25 to the LP-120 things go like this:
  • Decay per shot on LP-120: 1,13475 PEC (75% of 1,5130)
  • Decay per shot on P25: 0,37825 PEC (25% of 1,5130)
I'm assuming the above is correct and that base full tt is what the calc ultimately uses, plus that the relationship stays that way.

Maybe we can start a new Monty Hall challenge with this. Who remains adamantly on which side of the argument and under which assumptions?
The OP does pose the question in a rather chicken or egg style - which breaks first? Oh wait... that's not quite it.

The best way I found to convince people of the correct answer to Monty Hall was to 'play around' with it, by the way. Is that a small hint here?

All I can say, is MA should have made the TT much more on the p25! Put it on melee and it breaks supper fast :\

Yes, conund.. (like the Enig joke from time travelling in Red Dwarf)

I'm assuming the above is correct and that base full tt is what the calc ultimately uses, plus that the relationship stays that way.

Maybe we can start a new Monty Hall challenge with this. Who remains adamantly on which side of the argument and under which assumptions?
The OP does pose the question in a rather chicken or egg style - which breaks first? Oh wait... that's not quite it.

The best way I found to convince people of the correct answer to Monty Hall was to 'play around' with it, by the way. Is that a small hint here?
There is no conundrum here. Angel already did the math for LP-120 and the P25 extender. I added to that a general approach. Both of our results are the same which is that the P25 extender breaks first when used on the LP-120.

If you already have both items then it is a good idea to use the extender on the LP-120 because out of 240 peds of weapon decay, 60 peds are spent on the efficiency of the extender which is higher than the efficiency of the gun. It is a tiny difference compared to using only the LP-120.

Back