White noise soundcard problem

soundboy

Alpha
Society
cK
soundboy soundboy soundboy
Hi folks,

I have a probelm with my soundcard and maybe someone can help. Everytime an application that requires sound, EU, play a CD or even any mouse over or click noise is played as white noise. Sounds exactly the same as an FM radio or old school TV does when it's tuned into no signal. My immediate thoughts were re-boot the PC and probably the soundcard has crashed and everything will be OK. Not so, after re-booting any sound that comes out is just hissing noise. Does anybody have any clues as to what may have happened here?

Sound is built into the motherboard which is an ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA and the OS is XP.

So if you're feeling sleepy very early on a sunday morning and you have a young child please do not set the home page as the cbeebies website and instruct your child to click on the blue "websert picture" and you can amuse yourself. Your PC may well literally have a hissy fit :D

Thanks.
soundboy

I have the same problem, altought it doesn't occur often. If I enter Twin Peaks when it's full of people, all the walking sounds are played as white noise. Very annoying as it is very loud compared to other sounds. I have to turn off sounds or speakers and continue playing.

I asked MA support about this problem and they asked me to check drivers and update if necessary. I have some kind of integrated bs soundcard and I'm sure that these problems don't occur with "better" cards.

dont know if its the same problem i got. The sound. sounds fine. But when i run some graphical or move mouse and such. theres a constant sound in the background. its low high. so you can exactly hear it all the time very little.

Also using a onboard soundcard and been wondering if buying a creative X-Fi Music card would solve it?

OffTopic: "They are coming for you"!
Goodluck with the problem mate

Inbuilt sound is your problem most likely.. it's crap most often. the sound parts are often to close to other parts and gets disturbances from them.

Only suggestion i can give you other than buy a proper soundcard is to update your bios or drivers. that's about it.

dont know if its the same problem i got. The sound. sounds fine. But when i run some graphical or move mouse and such. theres a constant sound in the background. its low high. so you can exactly hear it all the time very little.
Have you tried to mute your microphone/line inputs? I have some kind of hiss that is barely audible when mic/line inputs are unmuted.

Have you tried to mute your microphone/line inputs? I have some kind of hiss that is barely audible when mic/line inputs are unmuted.

did not manage to find a place to mute the mic.

Also using a onboard soundcard and been wondering if buying a creative X-Fi Music card would solve it?

the sb x-fi is a really good soundcard. but i would wait a bit as ms changed stuff with vista so it's not fully working or well it does work but some stuff wont be enabled fully so to speak, although there is a new soundcard comming out from another manufacturer which i forgot the name of but it's the same as x-fi but with better components etc.

Do some digging on google i guess and you should find it.

Back