Question: Who's a silly boy then aye!?

crighton

Mature
:yay:

I have taken up mining as a full time profesion lately, and i have experimented with amps ect.....
My results so far seem to be at my low level, the return isnt really worth me buying them.
Anywho, I have been mining for a while now un-amped, and thought the night before last.......

"Hmmmm, I'm feeling lucky tonight. I might get an amp this run"

So off to the auction guy I go and buy my self a nice shiny new red amp.
Again i thought to myself.

"This will be a good run tonight, my bones are telling me so!"

So i start my run, yeah thats crap, too many NRF for my liking. So i decided to go to another area. Sure enough returns were better.
But the whole time I'm out there dropping bombs and getting low finds and I'm thinking to myself......

"%$#@ MA trying to screw me again, now my amp is nerfed and dont return any higher than un amped."

so i continue till i run out of bombs. Go back to home base and tally my loot. sure enough, as i suspected, my return was around 55%. Ok fair enough, take the good with the bad.
so i drop my resources into storage for next run, becuase i couldnt be fussed refining them at the time.
Anyway, im clicking thru my pages checking for fruit and dung i may have collected on the way, and i hit the tools page.............................

"Holy crap!!!, I Found an amp"

i shout in my head to myself,

"why didnt that register????"

Anyway, it took what seemed like 10 minutes before it registered that I had infact forgot to equip my amp and ran around without it.
:ahh:

Silly me.
:cool:

crighton

ROFL, nice story.

Dependant what amp you had, you MIGHT have been on the good side, but I would say: as it seems your amp wouldn't have been so big, so you would have had even higher losses :D

Funny story still, btu I think we all had a situation like this :D

Funny story still, btu I think we all had a situation like this :D

yeah, or stories like "forgot to repair weapon and ran loooong away from all outposts and tps" or "forgot to buy ammo" or "bought wrong ammo" :D

Don't forget the classic "out of ped and stuck at this outpost with no ammo, forest of red in my radar".

I spent a whole day trying to escape from the OP wayyyy SE of PA, next to the big black spot when I was a n00basaurus, and that was before they put in the araneas/trox/trax stalkers to the north.

Good story now, hell on earth then.

Reminds me of my "experiment" yesterday.
Scratched all together what i could sell, bought a Tik300 and did a trip to CND.
Had enough for 200 probes and the trip back.
Found 3 claims in those 200 tries with an overall TT value of around 10 PED (only found Melchi and Oil). Sold them to TT got some ammo for it and went to the allophyls to try my luck. First Prowler a 52 PED global, back to TT to get a bit more ammo and in the middle of the fight with the second Prowler my Korss died on me.
After that I hunted in dome 3 with an Opalo till I finally had a trip back down.

Was my 3rd trip up, first I wanted to try some mining, and also the 3rd time I was happy to get back :D Somehow the other two trips were also like this, return rate including the fare was around 25%. I don't like space :D

BTW....could it be that there is no enmatter on CND ?

yeah, or stories like "forgot to repair weapon and ran loooong away from all outposts and tps" or "forgot to buy ammo" or "bought wrong ammo" :D

I did worse, went a loonnggg way out for a mining run, globalled, was very pleased, had forgotten to repair extractor :duh:

(long time ago now i guess, live n learn) :D

Oh no.... :p

:yay:

I have taken up mining as a full time profesion lately, and i have experimented with amps ect.....
My results so far seem to be at my low level, the return isnt really worth me buying them.
Anywho, I have been mining for a while now un-amped, and thought the night before last.......

"Hmmmm, I'm feeling lucky tonight. I might get an amp this run"

So off to the auction guy I go and buy my self a nice shiny new red amp.
Again i thought to myself.

"This will be a good run tonight, my bones are telling me so!"

So i start my run, yeah thats crap, too many NRF for my liking. So i decided to go to another area. Sure enough returns were better.
But the whole time I'm out there dropping bombs and getting low finds and I'm thinking to myself......

"%$#@ MA trying to screw me again, now my amp is nerfed and dont return any higher than un amped."

so i continue till i run out of bombs. Go back to home base and tally my loot. sure enough, as i suspected, my return was around 55%. Ok fair enough, take the good with the bad.
so i drop my resources into storage for next run, becuase i couldnt be fussed refining them at the time.
Anyway, im clicking thru my pages checking for fruit and dung i may have collected on the way, and i hit the tools page.............................

"Holy crap!!!, I Found an amp"

i shout in my head to myself,

"why didnt that register????"

Anyway, it took what seemed like 10 minutes before it registered that I had infact forgot to equip my amp and ran around without it.
:ahh:

Silly me.
:cool:

crighton

:lolup: Happens to the best of us.

Funny story :)

I've done that before as well, but I was mining for somebody else!
Just imagine how frustrated the employer was when I told him "40% returns..." :D
I told him about 5 minutes later when I realized my mistake, and was fired :(

Happened to me soem days ago too, bought a shiny new amp from auction, checked I had the right amount of probes, ammo ready just incase..

Off I go.. drop the first probe.. III, ok that's a normal claim, then VII.. ok that's normal too, good.. then II.. I stared at it for a moment, I can't get II's with MA-103 :laugh:

Went back to inventory after the II just to see the amp lying right next to the finder.. :duh:

Guess I learned something on that night.. have to figure it out what it is :scratch2:

Happens to everyone I guess. It's too many times that I've done something similar and with L items it happens even more often. The usual seem to be:

"Ooops, forgot to buy a new pistol"

"God damnit, forgot to repair amps!"

"Hmm, why did I bring BLP ammo for my laser pistol?"

"Hmm, why didn't I bring any ammo at all?!"

"No... I forgot armor plates! These Aurlis are gonna whoop me up!"

Happens to everyone I guess. It's too many times that I've done something similar and with L items it happens even more often. The usual seem to be:

"Ooops, forgot to buy a new pistol"

"God damnit, forgot to repair amps!"

"Hmm, why did I bring BLP ammo for my laser pistol?"

"Hmm, why didn't I bring any ammo at all?!"

"No... I forgot armor plates! These Aurlis are gonna whoop me up!"

Haha, you just described me in EU. :)

Back