why do prices stay high?

Status
EU should be free economy, so anybody can put whatever price wants.

Ben Cobra's reaction doesn't surprise me. And I couldn't care less what he or somebody like him says.

Behave decent and stay in relations with decent ppl.

Regarding high prices, let's not forget, tho, the merituous contribution of resources. We are all greedy, period.

Euroman said:
Hey man, stop stealing my stories :D

Well except the horrible and crying part, it's allmost my story - But I like being tied dowm by Nakia :inbed:

but i wasnt tied down, it was to the wall. and being tied to the wall sucks. it was all cold and stuff...kinda killed the mood lol

wow this forum sucks ass

sory to say that bud its tru

just to say hangar is my sons acount so bug off

dub said:
LeonDK is very sympathetic to his ways.

yes i have sympaty for cuz pll making fun of him whit the spelling and my dad can bet your dad since Cobraà dad is dead i dont see anything funny about that

and i dont agree whit all he say or do

Last edited:
BenCobra Boner said:
wow this forum sucks ass

sory to say that bud its tru

wow...thank you for that mind expounding comment

BenCobra Boner said:

Nice of you to cleat that up, at least you admit that you had something to do with it, untill now it was just speculations.

Still waiting to see what Nakia has done to you, unless ofcourse like alot of other things, this as well is just something in your imagination.

LeonDK said:
... my dad can bet your dad since Cobraà dad is dead i dont see anything funny about that

Pretty sure the "my dad can beat your dad" comment was a joke related to the original poster thinking this was all very imature.
You brought the stuff up about Cobras dad being dead, since then noone has posted anything about that.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I have had many run ints with cobra... all ending in him being very rude.. Cursing and endless threats...i have deleted most of my pics.. but these are some... seems he is one of those players with big egos...

it all started because MA mob intelligence... i was mining in a dome and here were lots of mobs.. and some had attacked him... not my problem..
GL loki dont let cobras harrasment get to you.. His threats are empty

Euroman said:
Pretty sure the "my dad can beat your dad" comment was a joke related to the original poster thinking this was all very imature.
You brought the stuff up about Cobras dad being dead, since then noone has posted anything about that.

i just dont see the fun in it and making fun of the spelling is so lame

btw Euroman i know your bro and i think he is nice cool person since you r the same Blood then ther most be some desent in you just cut the crap ledt it be move on thats the only way we can settle this

for those pll who hate Cobra now for what he has done just dont suport him by buying his stuff or sell him stuff

LeonDK said:
yes i have sympaty for cuz pll making fun of him whit the spelling and my dad can bet your dad since Cobraà dad is dead i dont see anything funny about that

and i dont agree whit all he say or do

umm this has to be a different leondk

Joker said:

I have had many run ints with cobra... all ending in him being very rude.. Cursing and endless threats...i have deleted most of my pics.. but these are some... seems he is one of those players with big egos...

it all started because MA mob intelligence... i was mining in a dome and here were lots of mobs.. and some had attacked him... not my problem..
GL loki dont let cobras harrasment get to you.. His threats are empty

I dont hold grudges... i have let this go... but this just shows what kinda person poor Loki was dealing with.... just because he has some ATHs doesnt mean u can treat other people like crap...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/6/cora.JPG

In this one u can see he calls me another word for homosexual... so what if i was... I am not but this has no place in PE... making comments about peoples sexual orientation...

Viper81883 said:
umm this has to be a different leondk

ummm what ther is only 1 LeonDK

i was making a remark about how your grammar and spelling is almost flawless in the recent post but extremely hard to read in the others. its odd

Viper81883 said:
i was making a remark about how your grammar and spelling is almost flawless in the recent post but extremely hard to read in the others. its odd

sorry for that but i made that post 3:15am here omw to bed

rofl its 520am here and i'm still not even able to go home
but i understand

Viper81883 said:
rofl its 520am here and i'm still not even able to go home
but i understand

11:27am here now you see the diffrense

LeonDK said:
i just dont see the fun in it and making fun of the spelling is so lame

btw Euroman i know your bro and i think he is nice cool person since you r the same Blood then ther most be some desent in you just cut the crap ledt it be move on thats the only way we can settle this

for those pll who hate Cobra now for what he has done just dont suport him by buying his stuff or sell him stuff

I'll let everything go - I just want Cobra to either admit Nakia have done nothing to him or say what she has done... That day on CP he called her a noob, a bitch, an idiot, morron and all kind of other things - SHe didn't once call him anything, she asked him to go hunt some mobs, since we were not there to fight.
He then treatened to get her kicked from shaolin and said a fool like her didn't know anything about PE or who had something to say in her own soc.

If Cobra can admit to that being his fault and that Nakia didn't do anything, or at least say what she has done and post proof (Since he already said he had screenshots that shouldn't be so hard, now should it?)

If CObra don't have the courage to come here and post it himself, then maybe you can ask him as a friend to show them to you, or admit to you that he lied :)

Several people here have said that Cobra have harrashed them, calling them everything from noob to gay - So maybe you should start considering that your friend might not be so innocent, and that it's not him being harrashed.

BTW: Cobra, looking forward to the lawsuit ;)

Euroman said:
If CObra don't have the courage to come here and post it himself, then maybe you can ask him as a friend to show them to you, or admit to you that he lied :)

i dont know anthing about what was going on at CP i saw him make a few Globals then yours came and i admit rofl whil i tryd to Pm Cobra and ask if it was his team then he sayd no and was pretty pist and for the screenshots i dont know if he got any but if he do then just post em and ledt get it over whit

OK ... this thread has the title "Why do prices stay high" ... and we should be having a discussion about price fixing (if it really exists) and the reasons for it / implications of it.

Instead, the thread has turned into a "Let's bash Cobra" thread and I'm not liking it.

I've previously mentioned that Cobra can be decent and friendly and has always been so to me. I also appreciate that he has a very bad temper and when he mis-interprets something or sees something that he doesn't agree with, then he let's rip.

Now, with that said, let's talk about the topic. Why do prices stay high? I think the first thing to be said here is that crafting is difficult ... bloody difficult! It takes absolutely ages to get anywhere with your skills and even when you do, the Success Rate on normal BPs stays just below the last two notches, which results in heavy failures on the high level items that cost a lot to craft.

If people manage to craft a run with a decent amount of success, then they can afford to sell cheaply and undercut others slightly - but in my opinion this will not be sustainable. As the saying goes, "PE is dynamic" ... this means that you will have times where it will cost you a lot more in terms of failed attempts to craft the same amount as a previously successful run.

Start using a calculator on each run you load up into the crafting machines and you will see there is a varience ... sometimes a vast varience. Even people like Cobra (who has almost 10k in Manufacture Attachments) has the same problems.

So, when you talk about price fixing, what you really should be talking about is why it costs us so damn much to craft successfully.

OK, I got through most of this thread before I couldn't be bothered to read the tit-for-tat verbal tennis that is going on.

Loki, thanks for posting your findings. In the real world there are restrictions on cartels that try to price fix in a market area. Is there nothing in the EULA which covers this?

In the screenshots, people keep referring to two crafters doing the cartel harrasment, but call me dumb, but I could only see one person writing stuff?? :confused:

This thread has turned into the biggest school playground grudge match I've ever seen and quite frankly it disgusts me that grown adults can do this. It's happened before, but I think this is the worst I've bothered to read more comprehensively (despite almost losing the will to live half way through.)

RE: The progression of this thread: All that has transpired is that no both parties have been harrased. Loki by the cartel style antics by those int he screenshots, and also Cobra through this thread who will now lose peoples business as a result of what has been posted. Both are harrasment.

RE: The disagreements between Euro, Nakia and Cobra: I'm sorry but I just don't think we need this crap on here. If you have issues from in-universe, the abuse@entropiauniverse.com email account is the one to use. Then from the logs it will be plain to see who the instigator is. Otherwise, don't rise to the bait.

Real life threats would be taken very very seriously from MindArk, let alone the fact that making such threats at other people in a virtual universe of some pathetic event which was a misunderstanding is totally retarded.

A lot of growing up needs to be done here I can see. :wise:

Last edited:
Euroman said:
BTW: Cobra, looking forward to the lawsuit ;)

Euroman, you dont know me, and I dont know you, but continually posting these comments I beleive, is poking Ben Cobra Boner with a stick.

You are in fact instigating further argument, it is also my opinion you are enjoying this way too much.

I am disgusted Ben has spoken to people this way, but once someone has been recognised as having manners like this, just walk away and have no further dealings with said person.

Also, I once met a Euroman, while hunting Feffs, I was lagging/rubberbanding horribly (during the egg comp) Someone of your name accused me of ks'ing, and called me a 'Fucktard' Gave me no chance to explain (I even apologised!) Just ripped into me. Of course, I gave up trying to explain after being called that, and responded at the same level.

My point for bringing this up is, if this was you, then have no right to be on that soap-box of yours, your manners are truely lacking at times also.

OOppss, I didnt know you ofi guys were posting too !!

Looks like a conspiracy now lol !

dj. said:
Euroman, you dont know me, and I dont know you, but continually posting these comments I beleive, is poking Ben Cobra Boner with a stick.

You are in fact instigating further argument, it is also my opinion you are enjoying this way too much.

I am disgusted Ben has spoken to people this way, but once someone has been recognised as having manners like this, just walk away and have no further dealings with said person.

Also, I once met a Euroman, while hunting Feffs, I was lagging/rubberbanding horribly (during the egg comp) Someone of your name accused me of ks'ing, and called me a 'Fucktard' Gave me no chance to explain (I even apologised!) Just ripped into me. Of course, I gave up trying to explain after being called that, and responded at the same level.

My point for bringing this up is, if this was you, then have no right to be on that soap-box of yours, your manners are truely lacking at times also.

Yeah I remember that one, I called you something, since I was mighty pissed at the time - Everyone was running around KSing with DOA (Something noone would normaly use on Feffs :) ) And I wrote a shitty remark, followed by another about you being a KSer - However, you made a msg just as I pressed enter where you appologised, and I didn't have a chance to undo the msg after I had pressed enter - While writting a appology back at you, you wrote some shitty comments, so figured I would just leave it and continue hunting.

True, I can talk as much shit as the next guy - But I have never accused people on boards for things they haven't done, or acted like Cobra have done in this case.

I did not treaten to beat you IRL, I didn't treaten you with a lawsuit, I didnt scream about you harrashing me, nor did I tell anyone else that you harrashed me - Since I did not see it as harrashment...

If you want, you can take my appologies here for what I wrote that day :)

AkiranBlade said:
OK, I got through most of this thread before I couldn't be bothered to read the tit-for-tat verbal tennis that is going on.

Loki, thanks for posting your findings. In the real world there are restrictions on cartels that try to price fix in a market area. Is there nothing in the EULA which covers this?

In the screenshots, people keep referring to two crafters doing the cartel harrasment, but call me dumb, but I could only see one person writing stuff?? :confused:

This thread has turned into the biggest school playground grudge match I've ever seen and quite frankly it disgusts me that grown adults can do this. It's happened before, but I think this is the worst I've bothered to read more comprehensively (despite almost losing the will to live half way through.)

RE: The progression of this thread: All that has transpired is that no both parties have been harrased. Loki by the cartel style antics by those int he screenshots, and also Cobra through this thread who will now lose peoples business as a result of what has been posted. Both are harrasment.

RE: The disagreements between Euro, Nakia and Cobra: I'm sorry but I just don't think we need this crap on here. If you have issues from in-universe, the abuse@entropiauniverse.com email account is the one to use. Then from the logs it will be plain to see who the instigator is. Otherwise, don't rise to the bait.

Real life threats would be taken very very seriously from MindArk, let alone the fact that making such threats at other people in a virtual universe of some pathetic event which was a misunderstanding is totally retarded.

A lot of growing up needs to be done here I can see. :wise:

True, it doesn't belong here and is out of topic, would preffer he just went and made a case :)

:dunce:

Nakia said:
True, it doesn't belong here and is out of topic, would preffer he just went and made a case :)

:dunce:

Yourselves also ;)

OK, great ... now can we please have some discussion on the notion of price fixing vs cost of crafting? Please?

AkiranBlade said:
Yourselves also ;)

I don't care if he called me names, people do it all the time, I do not go and make abuse cases then I would do that daily.

I don't Agree that people talk bad to others but it's their problem as long as he doesn't turn and say I did it to him I am fine with him beeing him and me beeing me.

Telling others what to set their prices at I disagree with but that will be for Loki to go further with if needed :)

Euroman said:
If you want, you can take my appologies here for what I wrote that day :)

For sure, I appreciate it too :)

I guess I can apologise for my response after being called a Fucktard, I had never even heard this word before I met you.

Quite an education, eu :rolleyes:

Im assuming its short for fucking retard :mad:

Nevermind, lets move on.

:)

Nakia said:
I don't care if he called me names, people do it all the time, I do not go and make abuse cases then I would do that daily.

A real life threat is very serious harrasment imho. :wise:

You get abuse daily? Dear me. I can remember 2 incidents in total that were direct harrasments, otherwise, people typically don't do it to me.

Anyways, I've said my piece. Merry Christmas one and all. :dunce:

Reactions: dj.
AkiranBlade said:
A real life threat is very serious harrasment imho. :wise:

You get abuse daily? Dear me. I can remember 2 incidents in total that were direct harrasments, otherwise, people typically don't do it to me.

Anyways, I've said my piece. Merry Christmas one and all. :dunce:

he didn't threathen me IRL :) he did with euro, I mean if I had to report everyone calling me a n00b ect I would have to do it daily. :girl:
never said it was abuse ;) and I don't think it is.

Threathning someone IRL is, namecalling is just provoking nothing more.

Should move back on topic :dunce:

Status
Back